Analysis Best forward lines of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on Bro...It's the only good line we've got, I've our mids improve again this year, we'll start kicking some good scores.
Our defense however! Once Gov get his usual injury and TB is coving 4 spots at once. Uggggh.
I’m not factoring in injuries that haven’t happened yet. Your back six if fit is your strength especially if a fit Yeo is back there. Options wise; the Eagles front six is the league’s worst. Just the way it is unfortunately. The upside is you usually have someone break out when you’re the league’s worst at something. Someone like Maric might find 30 goals - you never know.

Geelong by a very long way (assuming those aging talls stay on the field).

I’m not factoring in injuries that haven’t happened yet. Your back six if fit is your strength especially if a fit Yeo is back there. Options wise; the Eagles front six is the league’s worst. Just the way it is unfortunately. The upside is you usually have someone break out when you’re the league’s worst at something. Someone like Maric might find 30 goals - you never know.
Gov ALWAYS gets an injury. That in itself says to me that you don't know that much about our list (Which is fair enough BTW)
Yeo again, has had a lot of injury problems. I'm hoping as our young mids come on, they'll play him mostly out of the backline but when fit, his best games were as a mid for us this year.

Cripps - Getting older but still a very good player

OA - Star

Darling - Getting older but bravely fought through a lot of injury this year to remain on the park. He'll be very solid in what is likely to be his penultimate year next year.

Ryan - Again, coming back of injury which ruined 2023 for him. Early doors but looking very good at training, still leaping high and has that agility. Very dangerous when fit and on.

Add to this mix;

Long - Super clean with amazing hands, very smart, very damaging. Quickly becoming a club favorite and will surprise a lot of those that don't really know.

Brockman
- Now that he's home and settled, I suspect we'll see more of the Brockman that only turned up every 2nd week for the Hawks.

Waterman -
Just won our time trial. Again coming back from Illness and a solid AFL level foot soldier

Hewett
- Dynamic, powerful, quick with x-factor. Makes things happen. 2nd year in and only going to get better rotating mid/forward

H. Reid
- Enough said. We all know what this lad is capable of.

Maric
- As Yazz said... The only way is up. MSD steal. Great kick too.

Rotations potentially of
Kelly

Yeo

9YIWLK.gif

Eagles are going to jump up and surprise a few next year(take a look at their spine) and people are going to saying "where did this come from".

I personally would have Adelaide as an S-tier forward line alongside Geelong.

They don't have the results that Geelong's forward line has yet, but a forward line including Rankine, Fogarty, Walker, Thilthorpe, and Rachele has a lot of potential. A good mix of talls, smalls, and medium-sized players, making them difficult to stop. Only knock is that they need to be better finishers in front of goal. Could've kicked more if it wasn't for that.

Interesting take.
You still like Adelaide's formidable forward line?

Looks like the two Sydney clubs have the perfect mix right about now. Cats up there too.

Interesting take.
You still like Adelaide's formidable forward line?

Looks like the two Sydney clubs have the perfect mix right about now. Cats up there too.
Yeah Sydney sides are good up forward. Thilthorpe being out has affected Adelaide’s forward setup. Their midfield is a bigger problem though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back