Game Day Rnd 9 - Carlton v Melbourne Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ED Curnow is far more important than Mark Murphy.
Unfair on murphy there. Clearly underdone. Shocking game from him but i blame match committee for that, not him. When fit he will be equally as important as Ed. But we can't afford to be essentially a mid down against anyone, especially the dees

The reason Melbourne are able to run out the back of our defenders time and again is not the defenders failt, it’s completely the fault of the mid field.

Melbourne always have 3-4 free midfielders streaming through the centre so our defenders get caught out in no mans land between the forward and oncoming midfielders.

I know hes 2nd year and its a tough game but SPS avoids body contact. For a guy who rode bulls before he got drafted he notably avoids hitting into the contest. Not really making things happen like last year with his evasiveness and notably shirking contest. Needs to do at least one of those things otherwise hes just an average player.

Hard to watch but you have a well drilled Top 4 side with no injuries that will take advantage of every mistake and we make too many.

IMO this is the worst side we have put in the park in 2 years but we are fighting. Hope we fight to the end.

Very happy with Cripps Fisher Dow McKay Kerr Jones Plowman Jones SPS Lang

No it’s all Bolton’s fault. And not at all about the opposition and personnel. Not one bit. Stop being brainwashed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day when Nick Graham and Kerridge are in your top 3 possession wise you’re in trouble. And I think Nicky has been good today, but he shouldn’t be second on that list, not if we had depth:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really like Kerr. He is a different kind of forward than Levi and McKay. Needs good disposal to be really effective but is capable :)
Has not got a lot of opportunities in that quarter. Constantly double teamed when the ball in the vicinity, - which normally may be a sign of respect but today just shows how slow our other forwards are in giving another option

Murphy, to his credit, has had 7 tackles, but as I’ve said has looked short of a gallop.

It's misleading because there are so many he doesn't make. His stats picked up in the quarter and he might end up being up there but when the game was on the line ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back