Rookie Draft Pick 61: Jordan King

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was impressed with what I saw from Mosquito this year. Just obviously I've seen a lot more of Wilson than I have of Mosquito. And as an AFL prospect, I just really like what Wilson has shown.

On the topic of Mosquito, any chance you have measurements for him? I was hoping to get some in the lead up to the draft, but never managed to.

Love how everyone jumps to the assumption it's because he was drafted by Freo, rather than the distraught reaction stemming from her boy simply moving interstate.

She'll come around eventually :thumbsu:

No she thought he was going to GWS. Was given the impression that he would go in the top 10. Then he slipped to 20 and we took him. She didn't want him going all the way to Perth. Nothing about Freo

The fact that he arrived at our interstate club 24 hours after being drafted is a good sign. I doubt anyone would of expected him to get here so quickly, Spurr didn't.

The fact that he arrived at our interstate club 24 hours after being drafted is a good sign. I doubt anyone would of expected him to get here so quickly, Spurr didn't.

Mate.

With the weather this time of year, even half an excuse is a reason to get out. Even for a couple of days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday's news!

In any case - lol at the Worst suggestion Michael Mascoulis could be the next Stephen Hill. :eek:

Just on that - it's funny how people compare players to be 'the next Stephen Hill' or the next Fyfe. The act of comparison would mean that the player has attributes that are both unique and desirable - so with so many people wanting to find 'the next' Stephen Hill - why are some of our guys suggesting that ours should be considered trade bait :p

You don't see people going - 'OMG he's the next marcus drum'

just saying

Just on that - it's funny how people compare players to be 'the next Stephen Hill' or the next Fyfe. The act of comparison would mean that the player has attributes that are both unique and desirable - so with so many people wanting to find 'the next' Stephen Hill - why are some of our guys suggesting that ours should be considered trade bait :p

You don't see people going - 'OMG he's the next marcus drum'

just saying

because they are idiots, quite simply

If Hill has the same decorated career as Michael Long, I think Freo supporters would be happy with that.
If Jordan King does the same as Roger Hayden, we will finally be able to stop the small forwards having a field day.

Just promoted myself to JWK fanboy. Saw him in Perth and walked past giving him the "JWK Whoo!" ackowledgement. I think he was embarrassed for us both.

Just promoted myself to JWK fanboy. Saw him in Perth and walked past giving him the "JWK Whoo!" ackowledgement. I think he was embarrassed for us both.

Haha he probably would have loved it. Have known and played footy with/against Willow since we were about eight so just interested on how you guys rated his season? Just going by his stats, he seemed to have a few good games in the ones at South Freo.

Haha he probably would have loved it. Have known and played footy with/against Willow since we were about eight so just interested on how you guys rated his season? Just going by his stats, he seemed to have a few good games in the ones at South Freo.

He came to the club a little unfit IMO as I watched him train during pre-season. He started playing a mix of ressies and league for Souths and towards the end of the season he ended up stinging a fair few league games together and one i saw against East Freo he picked up a few possies and from memory I thought played well.

I think with a big pre-season next season he could really step it up and bea solid player for Souths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back