Rookie Draft Pick 61: Jordan King

Remove this Banner Ad

Orright.

Have done some more research.

Was very highly rated and touted and told that he would go much earlier than what he did.

Except that those interested in him sent scouts up, and went cold on him after they saw him drinking in the stands. What they didn't realise, was that it was his 18th. Sounds like we may have got a bargain.

The other interesting thing is that we were known to have scouts up here, and the rumour was about us and Fev. Yet, they were obviously tailing him and looking at his behaviour and maybe not looking at Fev at all.

But he has surrounded himself with good friends and good people. Is reliable and a very hard worker. Is known to be a very level head and is extremely well respected.

Orright.

Was very highly rated and touted and told that he would go much earlier than what he did.

Except that those interested in him sent scouts up, and went cold on him after they saw him drinking in the stands. What they didn't realise, was that it was his 18th. Sounds like we may have got a bargain.

The other interesting thing is that we were known to have scouts up here, and the rumour was about us and Fev. Yet, they were obviously tailing him and looking at his behaviour and maybe not looking at Fev at all.

But he has surrounded himself with good friends and good people. Is reliable and a very hard worker. Is known to be a very level head and is extremely well respected.

Birthday or drink:)

I think there is better talent from here, but anyway.

That's what worries me.

It's been hard watching Buffs as they are about the standard of a G Grade Ammo side, but he hasn't stood out to me.

Hoping for the best, but not convinced.

Agree with this. Very surprised Mosquito didn't get selected earlier. Troy Taylor got all kinds of love from the media tarts, yet Timmeh got nuffink despite his better record and prospects.

Hope that the recruiters down Freo way prove me wrong (yet again).

Also surprised at the non rookie-ing of Houghton, have heard two different versions of why he was delisted, both basically on the supposed desire by our backroom mob to pick a better tall this year, well I can't see any better talls that we've picked, unless you count Croz as a tall. And given Croz's Mum's reaction to his selection by Freo he's hardly a cert to stay for ten years.

Pleased with picks of Neale, Forster and especially Schlo and Spurr though. They do fit the mold I was looking for, now we just need to teach them to keep the aggression under control, and to be patient for opportunities in the first 22...

A small comfort to those who question his kicking skills is that he finished equal second in the kicking test at the draft combine with 87% or 26/30.

A small comfort to those who question his kicking skills is that he finished equal second in the kicking test at the draft combine with 87% or 26/30.
But then it should be noted that he finished 2nd to Shane Nelson, who's kicking under pressure and not necessarily his accuracy could very well have been the deciding factor as to why he wasn't drafted. Purely going on bf talk this is though.

I think he plays a bit like Scott Chisolm with the way he darts and weaves to buy time and looks to go sideways a lot. Looks a likely prospect and when he tackles they stick! Happy to have him on board and with Rodger as the player welfare officer I am sure he will settle in well.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/12/14/278111_ntsport.html

"I'm really pleased for both boys to get an opportunity to play football at the highest level," NT Institute of Sport AFL head coach Brenton Toy said. "They're both quality kids who are good people off the field and very good players on it. Fremantle recruiting staff rang us two weeks ago wanting to know a bit about Jordan as a player and, more importantly, what he was like as a person and his own family support.

Which is what I hear from his mates. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually drinks more than you think but hoping that as he is now in a system he cuts that habit out and tries his best he is a harder worker. Though if they were scouting him in Darwin I'm surprise they picked him up as he wasn't doing that well and was playing on the worst side inthe comp and really should of stood out way more and there where better players in the NT of the same age. He is quite kick but his kicking of the ball isn't so great under pressure. But he is a hard worker. So if he wants this bad he will be a great player.

Also surprised at the non rookie-ing of Houghton, have heard two different versions of why he was delisted, both basically on the supposed desire by our backroom mob to pick a better tall this year, well I can't see any better talls that we've picked, unless you count Croz as a tall. And given Croz's Mum's reaction to his selection by Freo he's hardly a cert to stay for ten years.

Bit off topic, but what was that about Croz's Mum? (eg. link) I must have missed it.

"Jordan was awesome throughout the carnival as a running, creative defender off half back who can read the game and provide a series of attacking options."

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo".

That about sums it up :D

Ha ha, did someone console her and say that it could have been worse, it could have been one of the Adelaide clubs (or was it distance that she was winging about?)

Edit: Found an article. My goodness, I didn't realise you were being literal Lach. That's quite funny, but also a bit disturbing. Let's hope Crozier isn't a mummy's boy. :):eek:

Orright.

Matches a lot of what I heard about him while he was staying down here in Adelaide. Haven't heard anything negative about him as a person, so I don't imagine we'll be having any problems with him. And I know he was always rated quite highly as an AFL prospect.

And yeah, he was always Jordan Wilson here. The King name didn't turn up until the draft combine.

Also, I know you love Mosquito Chops, but I do think Wilson is the better all round prospect. There will always be questions about why he wasn't picked until #61 in the rookie draft, but I reckon he is going to make it and be a long term AFL player.

Matches a lot of what I heard about him while he was staying down here in Adelaide. Haven't heard anything negative about him as a person, so I don't imagine we'll be having any problems with him. And I know he was always rated quite highly as an AFL prospect.

And yeah, he was always Jordan Wilson here. The King name didn't turn up until the draft combine.

Also, I know you love Mosquito Chops, but I do think Wilson is the better all round prospect. There will always be questions about why he wasn't picked until #61 in the rookie draft, but I reckon he is going to make it and be a long term AFL player.

I can only go on what I've seen.

Mosquito has played brilliantly for a season and a half. Wilson hasn't been a stand out for Buffs, as has been noted.

But neither has anyone. I still would have preferred Mosquito. How much is the observed difference between Mosquito is a good team, and Wilson in a team that is getting slaughtered by 150+ points each game, I don't know? But Mosquito has played equally as well when his team wasn't dominating.

Very difficult to judge defensive players when the team is just so s**t it is beyond a disgrace.

Have a read of this for a laugh. Gives you an indication of where Buffs are at. President complaining that his best players are playing rep footy rather than for a hopeless club that should be booted out:

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/12/07/276851_ntsport.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back