Game Day Roos v Bye Annual GD Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone put up the Autopsy thread vs the Bye yet?

Unfortunately I missed the game so was interested to read people's thoughts on how we played.

Didnt play that well the Bye got us hard around the contested Bye, so we lost a spot on the ladder.

Votes from the Bye;

3. Bye
2. Bye
1. Bye

HM: Bye, Bye, Bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I missed the game so was interested to read people's thoughts on how we played.

I'd give you my thoughts but as I tried to stream the game using Optus Sport all I saw was this:

c8yHKo2MsJS4tyhaZVcM1PWrJxauX6rLgNxzRuKAu3sSp2NCZW3dflKr0SRjR4bpUTIqug=w384-h384-nc

mate, the guy doesn't have a single humorous bone in his body.
I do occasionally wonder if his hands are attached to his elbows.

Amway the warthog was a good take, the next one was stretching it, and the scamper one was just plain mean.

GD threads are great for a discussion and a laugh. I don't see why, after years of them as the traditional lead up on the day, they have to go so early. You can have your "serious talk only" say in post 2 just as effectively. Or even in the OP if you start it at *in midnight!

Okay fair enough

But here’s the history

No one touched GD tag when a new BF build occurred in 2012ish.

So not being able to get to the games every week I started creating it for Game Day Chat when the game was running.

Through 2014/16 it became a highlight around here for some of us to do the pi$$ take GD Thread and most thought it was funny or whatever, some not, but generally the OP was getting 30 likes or more. I kept on doing it.

The running joke was that you don’t post GD the day before whether that be 11.59pm or 11.30pm. It again was a laugh and pi$$take at my expense which didn’t bother me.

As far as I remember you weren’t on here during that time so maybe you missed out on this banter.

This thread started amongst it all at the Bye Round in 2015 and this is the fourth year. It again is clearly a pi$$take.

I have looked back at my thread creating this year and I have made 4 in 6 months. My posting is decline because I don’t have the time to post any more.

So yeh I don’t really care when the Thread is created for GD, again it was a pi$$ take about the time.

Your right, I am not prepared to create a sanitised analysis of the upcoming game. So yeh, I agree that’s it not for me and creating them. Knock yourselves out whoever wants to put the time into that.

Tim’s stuff is 6 years of tradition and knowing the kindness in his posts away from GD I don’t think he goes out of his way to be antagonistic with his Cat and Flying High posts.

But when it’s all said and done this Board just ain’t fun anymore, so I will have to reassess what I do. It’s not worth the hassle coming on here and dealing with angst. Real life has enough of that. Big Footy was always about escaping the world and finding North fans to chat, laugh and talk North. This year it’s just become a chore.

Last edited:
At least Gaso has a crack and all he cops is crap.

Why don't we just put all games for the year in an OP and posters have the opportunity to pick a game they do for the year. This way it should be informative and hopefully provoke discussion. Im happy to start the thread and manage allocations for the remainder of the year as a trial if posters think it's worth it.

But when it’s all said and done this Board just ain’t fun anymore, so I will have to reassess what I do. It’s not worth the hassle coming on here and dealing with angst. Real life has enough of that. Big Footy was always about escaping the world and finding North fans to chat, laugh and talk North. This year it’s just become a chore.
Know what you mean. I’ve been finding less time for it this year. There’s still enough good folks and good chat to make it worth hanging around. There’s threads I won’t even open any more these days though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back