Opinion Rory Lobb (GWS Giants)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how any player in the AFL can be termed soft. 5 months of intense hard work and dieting,not partying through our hottest months takes immense willpower and tells me otherwise . Playing bash and crash football for the other 6 months usually with niggles and injuries . And the injuries are sometimes so bad they need surgery after the season with the 6 weeks break recovering also rubbishes the soft term. How any ruck man could be called soft or a pea heart is beyond me. They jump at the ball in a contested situation 50 to 60 times a game against the biggest bodies in the comp then are expected to run end to end and take pack marks again in tough contested situations. There is no place in the game for an outside ruck man.

Especially when you go up against other rucks who like to put their knees out and do some damage. They should regulate that in some way.

[QUOTE="Arcassius, post: 47020253, member: 104829"]Especially when you go up against other rucks who like to put their knees out and do some damage. They should regulate that in some way.[/QUOTE]

The Nic Natikneeu rule

I was thinking about some of the rumours going around recently and I think the following could happen:
1) Rumour 1 has GWS wanting pick 1 so they can grab McGrath in the draft (and we all know what GWS want, GWS get)
2) Rumour 2 has Darling wanting to be with his old coach at Essendon (he could be the new 'dive' bomber)
What if there is a trade of Darling for pick 1, pick 1 is on-traded to GWS for Lobb? ( There may be somr swap of picks or something too, let's hope McCarthy isn't involved too)
What do you think?

BT on SEN was talking about Bombers trading pick #1 to GWS in exchange for two 2016 first round picks, #8 from Collingwood (from Treloar deal) and #5 from Carlton (got through a trade for Marchbank and a late first this year).

Would you take Darling or pick #5 and #8 in exchange for #1 if you were the Bombers?

Last edited:
BT on SEN was talking about pick 1 for carlton got through a marchbank and a late first) and collingwoods firsts pick 5 and 8 i think it was. Hmm 2 top 8 picks or darling............ its so close :-/
I'm not sure if it's me because I'm really tired, or if that just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

BT on SEN was talking about Bombers trading pick #1 to GWS in exchange for two 2016 first round picks, #8 from Collingwood (from Treloar deal) and #5 from Carlton (got through a trade for Marchbank and a late first this year).

Would you take Darling or pick #5 and #8 in exchange for #1 if you were the Bombers?
Pick 5 and 8 for a hbf seems a bit excessive, even though McGrath is supposed to be very good, it still seems a bit much to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all the vids I've watched he's been meh.
Apart from slightly above average pace there's nothing there that screams pick me

Sure hands, and will to alter the game with a ton of possessions. He has been best player in winning teams in the state game and the Colts GF. (Apparently).
Hopefully some videos can be released of those games showing highlights, because I agree, there wasn't too much to his game today.

If gws trade for pick #1 to get Mcgrath then the QLD clubs will be laughing. Brissy would probably just take McClugga and not bid on Bowes. Which means if we don't bid for Bowes they get him with a late first rounder.
Would we bid on Bowes is it worth the risk of pick #3? Or would we rate him higher than SPS and Brodie?

If i was Brissy I would see what GC would give up for a swap of pick #2 for #4. Its basically upgrading GCS second best pick to a top 5 pick.

He had b hill, c mccarthy, r lobb and j hogan all playing for freo in 2017.... seems a little unbelievable. Scotty waters was a little skeptical but connolly says lobb is coming. Make of it what you will.

He had b hill, c mccarthy, r lobb and j hogan all playing for freo in 2017.... seems a little unbelievable. Scotty waters was a little skeptical but connolly says lobb is coming. Make of it what you will.

I can't imagine what it would take to get all that done in one off season. Just one of Lobb or Hogan seems unrealistic. But both? How?

LOL, makes you wonder its abit double edged. How much currency do we have without gutting ourselves. Sounds impossible to achieve, Langdon might be a piece.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back