Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Lyon was sacked simply because he was not good enough anymore. His coaching philosophies are out of date. He is a dinosaur.
Add to that his abrasive and arrogant attitude that put many in the media, and even Freo fans, offside and he just had to go.
Ross has one redeeming feature. He is a charismatic figure and a great motivator. But, then again, so was Charlie Manson.
Glad to see the back of him. Average coach and average bloke. Freo can do better.
I found it funny you compared Ross Lyon to charles manson lol.

Still. I dont think Ross Lyon is an average coach.

Ron Barrassi took Carlton and North Melbourne to premierships as a coach.

I have said this before and will say it again.

Was Ron Barrassi a failure of a coach after coaching the demons from 1981-1985? they didnt make finals in those 5 years. But some of those blokes from that 1981-85 era played in the demons finals era from 1987-1991

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I’m pretty confident in Brayshaw, Cerra, Logue, Darcy and Ryan. Who’ve all come via the draft 2016, 2017, 2018. If Cox gets some continuity, he’ll be valuable too. It’s a shame our 2018 draftees have been injured.

We’ve recruited B.Hill, Hogan (injuries permitting), Wilson, Hamling, Lobb in that time frame who are quality players. Matera may have added himself to the list.

I count 11-12 best 22 across 3 drafts. That’s a pretty good rebuild. The problem was 2012-2015. We let our list get in a hole by not refreshing the list.
I agree with your post.

Some of those kids we got in the 2016, 2017 and 2018 drafts will lead us back up the ladder.

With the exception of that solid 2014 draft, most of our drafting and trading around 2012-15 has been disappointing

Top Bottom