• Shiels

Votes: 38 22.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Gunston

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Strats pitch to the players - a case of Noble Boys Pale Ale and a double pass to his next dj set at Revolver at their front door in exchange for a captains vote. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Nobody has a player of Hodges ilk to be captain, not even Brisbane.

I'm recent time only Hodge, Voss and Carey*
Have that natural leadership and match turning brilliance. All had questionable off field moments (Carey abhorrent ones) but were very popular socially in the clubs and the players felt taller knowing they were there.

If we get another like Hodge we'll be looking at another dominant era, I think Jaeger could be it. Has everything to be the face of the club, tough, dedicated, outstanding player, good with the media, good looking. At the moment still needs to show he has the game sense to coach on field, which is understandable as he was just getting consistent games last season so now should know the structures well and have confidence in his own positioning now to start setting up others.
Yep - this guy gets it.
Jaeger's the man.

Also - in one of the early articles where roughy first announced he was stepping down there was a line in there about the hawks re-evaluating the way the captain was selected. (Possibly moving away from our voting method).

S'gotta be Jaeger. Don't delay the inevitable. Have a look at this guy when things get tough. He can do the brilliant, and he doesn't take a backward step from anyone or any contest. He is the Luke Hodge style leader we're looking for.
Smashes the off season. Super disciplined.

I believe ignoring Shiels, Stratton and Smith for a “blow-in” would be disrespectful and we’ve already seen the impact of having a captain who is not 100% - the criticism and comments that ruff copped all year should be a red flag that we need someone who is not going to be constantly under scrutiny from week to week

Back