Review Round 1, 2018: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 8 April 2018, 2.00pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Ran them off their legs in the end. Fairly sloppy kicking into the forward 50. But that is to be expected to an extent with not much space.

Solid win.

Box Hill Hawks

Goals: Lewis, Cousins 3, Brolic, Worpel 2, Murphy, Moore, Miles, O’Rourke

Disposals: Cousins 29, O’Rourke 29, Hams 29, Whitecross 24, D Moore 24, Willsmore 23, Maloney 23

Decent spread of touches to Cousins, O’Rourke and Hams. Could see the first two competing for a midfield spot at the top level. Really good to see Dylan Moore grab 24 as well.

I have to say I would have Glass playing in the firsts. Maybe better judges than me can explain why he is not.
Why Glass wasn't playing instead of either TOB or Brand had me miffed today at the G, and that was before his great performance today by all reports. We were way to top heavy today and needed another speedy defender badly. There were no match ups for Brand as Frawley had Riewoldt and TOB is just completely out of form

i was staggered that Mirra or glass weren't selected and Gunston kept forward, also the selection of Langford was almost unbelievable!! Hopefully the guys who have been performing didn't take it as a slap in the face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jono needs about 2-3 weeks of that sort of output to come into the side, I reckon.

Needs faith in his body.

The naming on the extended bench this week looked like a 'carrot', enticing him that it's not far off.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Williamstown
5.3-33 7.7-49 9.11-65 9.14-68
Box Hill Hawks 1.4-10 5.9-39 11.16-82 14.21-105

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: B. Cavarra 2, L. George, J. Thorpe, S. Dunell, A. Marcon, H. Walters, N. Meese, L. Schultz
Best Players: B. Monk, N. Rodda, S. Dunell, J. Dorgan, B. Bewley, B. Cavarra
Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: J. Cousins 3, M. Lewis 3, A. Brolic 2, J. Worpel 2, D. Moore, W. Murphy, J. O''Rourke, T. Miles
Best Players: J. Cousins, M. Lewis, W. Hams, M. Pittonet, C. Nash, D. Moore

From the VFL website. The four players to miss out were Walker, Adduci, Kilpatrick and Mackie so Lovell played. Very good to see Pitto in the best given he has lowered his colours against Meese in the past. Langford without any match practice playing in front of Glass was a very poor selection. Some of the players performing well with the BHH must be rewarded given some very ordinary form shown by a number of HFC players.

Jono needs about 2-3 weeks of that sort of output to come into the side, I reckon.

Needs faith in his body.

The naming on the extended bench this week looked like a 'carrot', enticing him that it's not far off.
Wonder with his history how much faith Jono has in his own body. A good run at VFL will ease his mind. Would be really nice to see his body give him a chance at senior level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back