Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, March 18
Richmond v Carlton (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 19
Collingwood v Western Bulldogs (MCG) (N)

Saturday, March 20
Melbourne v Fremantle (MCG)
Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (T)
Essendon v Hawthorn (MRVL) (N)
Brisbane Lions v Sydney (G) (N)

Sunday, March 21
North Melbourne v Port Adelaide (MRVL)
Greater Western Sydney v St Kilda (GS)
West Coast v Gold Coast (OS) (T)

EC4E7554-6903-4D1A-9626-2575E8BEDF49.png

Last edited:
Sydney’s clash getting a run first up will be a highlight. The inevitible clash jumper-less opening night less so.
Why is Sydney vs Brisbane considered a clash? And how long has it been like this? I love the Sydney Clash jumper, but I just never understood where the clash issue came from.

Hopefully st kilda announce the new sponsor before this week's game, will look pretty bad without a front sponsor.

Why is Sydney vs Brisbane considered a clash? And how long has it been like this? I love the Sydney Clash jumper, but I just never understood where the clash issue came from.
My guess is in 2011 when Gold Coast came in the swans had more then one opportunity to showcase their clash, the swans also used it in round 1 2011 against the demons

We've still got Essendon, Hawthorn?, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs without above number sponsors and the Saints, Giants and Dogs without a back sponsor. Let's hope we get the announcements rolling in over the next few days

Red v maroon isn’t exactly ideal I wouldn’t have thought.

We've still got Essendon, Hawthorn?, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs without above number sponsors and the Saints, Giants and Dogs without a back sponsor. Let's hope we get the announcements rolling in over the next few days
Interesting to see which of those clubs will have an above number this season. Bulldogs obviously plan to, Essendon were investigating it (but not sure if it will happen), Gold Coast will have it (once they have found someone, standard suns stuff).

Sydney started wearing their clash against us since they introduced one. Previously they wore full home - which admittedly worked ok - but I guess they want to maximise the contrast.

52 Brisbane V Sydney Afl Practice Match Photos and Premium High Res  Pictures - Getty Images
Daniel Bradshaw of the Lions and Craig Bolton of the Swans wrestle... News  Photo - Getty Images

On the flip side I actually really like us wearing white shorts with home jumper when playing away to Sydney - particularly as we have a white-based clash jumper

AFL 2020: Sydney Swans prove mettle to make Brisbane Lions work for top-two  finish
Round 24 v Brisbane Lions details

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible integration
It looks like someone stretched the logo on word 😂

Worst thing is it doesn't even look centred because of the sash (it probably is but it doesn't look it).

It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't the long logo and they opted for the logo on the polos where the "National" is on top.

It looks like someone stretched the logo on word 😂

Worst thing is it doesn't even look centred because of the sash (it probably is but it doesn't look it).

It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't the long logo and they opted for the logo on the polos where the "National" is on top.
probably not enough space, it all seemed very cramped.

I think the AFL missed a trick here by way of equalisation for back of jumper sponsors.

In the nba, they allowed sponsors with the condition the club gets half with the other half going into the total pool for an equal distribution (to help small markets).

could have done the same here so clubs who don’t need $$$ like us balances it out with clubs who are struggling even with a second major sponsor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back