Review Round 1, 2022: Collingwood v Box Hill Hawks, 27 March 2022, 12.10pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

that's not a good sign
It's been two ******* years since I've seen my mum and the kids have seen their grandmother (plus my sister and her family). So I'm not too fussed when a young kid wants to go and see his family after that time.

There are great footballers, good footballers, average footballers, garbage footballers.

There are great posters, good posters, average posters, garbage posters.

I regard you as a garbage poster don’t take offence though, it’s only my opinion.

Didn't you have me on the ignore list ? What happened, that function on your account go AWOL ? lol

Can either HFC or Boxhill pick up another ruckman, we seem to be on short.

Jeka needs confidence, would really like for him to be played at CHF for a period of time so ge can settle.

S. Mitchell is behind our first year recruits in my opinion covid and injury ruling out the last two years.

Not sure why we signed Morris to the end of 2023.

Last edited:
Didn't you have me on the ignore list ? What happened, that function on your account go AWOL ? lol
It’s only my opinion that you are a garbage poster, don’t get upset.

You often post not critical stuff about certain Hawthorn footballers but plain rude and disrespectful stuff.

I am calling you out on yet another one of your posts because there is a function where you can see ignored people.

I just can’t for the life of me understand why you can’t develop the ability to comment on players without being a disrespectful little s**t.

Last edited:
I heard Brockman was back in Perth, something about not being able to see his family for so long.

I don't get this. We have even played games in Perth, so expect the club would have been more than happy to bring him along as an emergency sub or something, if he was 'homesick', so he could spend some time back in WA. It's not like he's had no ability to see family for two years, like is the case for many, many people. Sounds like he is heading for the exit door, which is a shame as he is an incredible talent.

Can either HFC or Boxhill pick up another ruckman, we seem to be on short.

Jeka needs confidence, would really like for him to be played at CHF for a period of time so ge can settle.

S. Mitchell is behind our first year recruits in my opinion covid and injury ruling out the last two years.
Surprised we have not signed up a Brooksby type. Our KPPs all attacked the ruck contests. I'd prefer to see them playing in their best positions.

Jeka can't compete for the footy. He needs to get aggressive in the contest and start using his frame. It's a shame as his skills are exquisite.

Day got belted a few times. Bounced up every time. Hard to see him playing too many more games for the Stangas.

Surprised we have not signed up a Brooksby type. Our KPPs all attacked the ruck contests. I'd prefer to see them playing in their best positions.

Jeka can't compete for the footy. He needs to get aggressive in the contest and start using his frame. It's a shame as his skills are exquisite.

Day got belted a few times. Bounced up every time. Hard to see him playing too many more games for the Stangas.
Ruck tends to be a rougher position than most on the ground. Perhaps a good way to test the meetle of the young fellas?

That being said, you don't drive a Lamborghini in Daytona.

I don't get this. We have even played games in Perth, so expect the club would have been more than happy to bring him along as an emergency sub or something, if he was 'homesick', so he could spend some time back in WA. It's not like he's had no ability to see family for two years, like is the case for many, many people. Sounds like he is heading for the exit door, which is a shame as he is an incredible talent.

I wonder if there's an opportunity for some of Tyler's family to come over to Melbourne?

If an AFL career and family are significant to Tyler and his family, an option must exist where the two can mutually work; relocating family for a year or two until he matures, regular visits back to WA, etc.

Now Hawthorn are (potentially) on the verge of losing a player due to homesickness, it doesn't quite sit right that a player can simply take the easiest option - it feels premeditated; like it was always the plan.

It’s only my opinion that you are a garbage poster, don’t get upset.

You often post not critical stuff about certain Hawthorn footballers but plain rude and disrespectful stuff.

I am calling you out on yet another one of your posts because there is a function where you can see ignored people.

I just can’t for the life of me understand why you can’t develop the ability to comment on players without being a disrespectful little s**t.

Living rent free ;)

We cost ourselves in those last few passages, wowee.

Some notes:

Callow (Buckets) looks a very likely type - clunked a lot and can actually kick a footy. Quite athletic, too.

Serong - he'll debut this year. 3 goals (could have been 4), athletic, has nous.

Day - just did Day things. He'll be welcomed back at AFL level next week.

Howe - was busy early, faded a little when Collingwood got on top in the third quarter. I do like him but I'm not sure he did enough to push anyone out of the AFL side.

Jeka - I thought was a bit disappointing. Definitely has talent and did some nice things early. I think he probably just lacks a bit belief just atm.

Kosi - a bit disappointing, also. Rucked for large parts of the game and was largely non-influential to the standard we know he's capable of.

Saunders - coming along. Wait and see with him.

Hartigan - may not play at AFL level again (big call I know).

Seamus Mitchell - did a couple of nice things. Needs time, though.
Saunders has been best on in the practice games against Frankston and north in my opinion… was still in the bests against the pies as well.
Could debute soon, had 6 bounces along the wing which resulted in a goal against north!

Question

why have Butler and Brockman not been selected for box hill ??

they are not listed as injured ?
Butler certainly had niggles during pre-season which held him back from full workload.

Possibly just building his fitness base now, "Mini-pre-season"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back