Game Day Round 1, 2024 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this continues a down year may end up being a blessing in disguise. Keeping up the intensity year after year has ground the boys down I feel. An off year and come back refreshed in '25

Bruv it’s round 1 lol

Na. It’s round two.
I get this, I really do. Coupled with some injuries, it's easy to play devils advocate.

Just have that gut feel based off what I've seen so far, which is a lot of the same issues still plaguing us after many years.

I've enjoyed our time in the sun, I expect we'll still be a team who factors into the conversation for years to come but I believe to win the flag, we'll need a re-jig. For positivity sake, I expect to see us win a flag with the Ashcroft boys and the key leftovers of this current roster in a few years.

We are only down by 18, but I’m not sure how we are going to win enough ball out of the middle

That’s exactly it. We don’t have the midfield quality today to dig us out of this hole.

That is a 7 goal run to the Dockers, how many was the Blues last week.... did that big a run of goals happen at all in 2023 let alone in 2 games straight.

We are fumbling a lot.
O is a class behind Jackson.
Is Charlie playing, terribly out of form, Dunkley as well.
I think we have the mother of all GF loss hangovers.

It is not season over (or game over)but the signs are not good.
Not sure what Charlie can do when the ball's coming into the forward 50 so terribly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this continues a down year may end up being a blessing in disguise. Keeping up the intensity year after year has ground the boys down I feel. An off year and come back refreshed in '25

And hopefully LAshcroft and the other kid who I can't think of right now as a bit of inside mid enforcement. Goodness me we need inside mid reinforcement.

We might even finish low enough that we get another player before LAshcroft

AND, as all true Lions only worry about - win draft night!

I did post a few days ago that you never know, we might look back in a decade and 2023 will be seen as the best chance this core group of players ever had to win a flag.... I hope not.

You don't think the Suns make the GF!!?!?!

They get to play us twice so that could help them lock in top 4. Maybe I should hang on to the tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back