Autopsy Round 1, 2024: Hawks fail against Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to a BBQ today and had the pleasure of talking footy with a scum supporter. He reckons the scoreboard flattered the hawks and they should’ve won by more. Nearly choked on my snag.

Footy fans are pretty one eyed but the scum supporters are the worst. Did the tell you the players they had out!?

Um... one person is trying to say if we kicked straighter it would have been better, and your argument was no it might not have been because of reasons.

Kicking straighter is better than being inaccurate. This fact is verifiable. The ifs and but of what happens after are purely conjecture.
That’s essentially what I said.

The umps involved in the Sicily suspension incident should be dropped for weeks for causing the incident by poorly adjudicating it.
Ofcourse the gutless overpaid amateurs running the show will probably promise them the grand final gig instead

The umps involved in the Sicily suspension incident should be dropped for weeks for causing the incident by poorly adjudicating it.
Ofcourse the gutless overpaid amateurs running the show will probably promise them the grand final gig instead
It was a mark, 9 times out of 10.

The longer the day goes, the worse the taste in the mouth. I didn't go into today expecting a premiership, but I did think we would do much better than we showed today. To be showing improvement, we just had to defeat Essendon today, and we failed. People can look at "if and but" scenarios but I deal in facts. We just weren't good enough today and I really feel as a club we've taken a step backwards and have to start all over again. Sorry to be so negative, but it's been quite a while since I've been so disappointed as I am tonight. We need to win next week or the season is gone.
Keep in mind that Essendons accuracy at goal was awesome. That doesn’t happen every week. Whilst we were atrocious in front of goal. We probably should have won, although our F50 entries were often shambolic yet they scored at almost every F50 entry and with ease. N my
Hawthorn must challenge tis, there was a leg motion but no kick. I've just about had the way this guy gets treated.
Agree. Would love to see another angle because I reckon he didn’t connect. Those campaigners jumped him first and he flipped the player over, with what appeared a kicking action. Absolutely targeted and he needs to be better. And the initial free kick was BS too. God I hate Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That suspension is a joke - a fine would of sufficed

yeah, its *in bonkers

how Sicily and Redman get suspended is laughable. You reckon a Brownlow favourite does either they get done? no.

Fine at absolute worst and I think even that is stupid.

yeah, its *in bonkers

how Sicily and Redman get suspended is laughable. You reckon a Brownlow favourite does either they get done? no.

Fine at absolute worst and I think even that is stupid.
Lachie Neale did exactly what Redman did, just last week. He was only fined, so you are dead right!

Our mids were unaccountable and worpel in particular looked slow out there. Miss day and his class and lesdership.

I also dont understand why all our mids run at the player with the ball and attempt to tackle together leaving 3-4 of theirs outside the contest. We arent good enough/big enough to bring them down quickly so its easy for them to dump it out to a team mate. Kills us routinely it hard to fathom why we persist doing it.
I had the rare displeasure of sitting up in the nosebleed section and one takeaway was we were too slow in the centre square with Worpel AND Nash. Throw in McKenzie and we just couldn’t keep up on the spread. It’s why Huss didn’t get a game for mine we went for McKenzie instead who for the reported best kick in the draft isn’t a great decision maker to date. But he did put his head down and work defensively which was a tick and I reckon he would have had Huss covered. But then I reckon Huss gets to better spots to win the ball so is more influential and other sides need to respect him….

And it shat me that we didn’t try and do something different after we kicked a goal. It was BAU in the middle and we would lose the clearance and concede a goal I think at least 5 times. It needed a coaching directive. Smash the thing fwd and disrupt the rhythm or something.

And we know Sic has the odd game where he can be shutdown so do something different with him.

And this will be unpopular but I want to see Newk in the back half for periods of the game to free him up and provide some real drive whilst we are missing Day and CJ. We just don’t have that cool head and steadying influence and Newk wins most contests he is in. We need to evolve the middle from last season and not be so predictable.

And don’t play Weddle in defence he has no idea. Play him in the middle even or wing.

Not a great day from the coaches in being reactive on game day. The Finn sub was just odd partic given the heat and then to not pull the trigger earlier was an error.

As for Dylan Moore what an absolute gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back