Review Round 10, 2019 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Freo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

just before freo shifted the ball across their half forward with 30 odd seconds to go how the hell was it not a free for us for either in the back or holding the man. Can't remember who it was but bloody hell. Only got to watch for first time last night so sorry if it has already been mentioned.

In fact I think Fages was really pointed in his post match when he said he had to bring guys on and off the ground to get messages out there which he suggested was ineffective and clearly he did want to change things up a bit but was hamstrung by the lack of scoring

I think the AFL have over-reacted by banning runners except for when goals have been scored and this scenario of a very tight game with only one goal scored in the last quarter is a very clear example of the effects of their over-kill. Why they just didn't introduce a cap on runner incursions is beyond me. Time for the AFL to show courage and re-think this rule change but I am not going to hold my breath on common sense occurring.

just before freo shifted the ball across their half forward with 30 odd seconds to go how the hell was it not a free for us for either in the back or holding the man. Can't remember who it was but bloody hell. Only got to watch for first time last night so sorry if it has already been mentioned.

The in the back on Zorko had me livid when they showed the build up to the Walters point on AFL 360 last night. I didn't remember picking it out in the game though when I watched the live broadcast. I didn't even remember that ball-up to be honest so was wondering whether they showed it out of sequence.

Yeah, obviously has become an issue with the limitations on Runners entering the playing field.

Arguably disadvantages the less seasoned teams as opposed to the older more savvy ones who know more instinctively how to handle certain situations
We were the older more experienced team

The AFL like playing with the rules so I reckon it’s about time that they change the rules that if the ball hits the post and bounces back into play then it Is play on! Under any other circumstances the ball has to fully cross the line for it to be a goal, when it hits the post and falls back into play then it hasn’t crossed the line, play on.
If it just skims the post on the way through than the point remains.
The game on the weekend would have been game over and a draw. Fair result I reckon.

The AFL like playing with the rules so I reckon it’s about time that they change the rules that if the ball hits the post and bounces back into play then it Is play on! Under any other circumstances the ball has to fully cross the line for it to be a goal, when it hits the post and falls back into play then it hasn’t crossed the line, play on.
If it just skims the post on the way through than the point remains.
The game on the weekend would have been game over and a draw. Fair result I reckon.
I can see that it would add a bit more excitement but in last week's game for instance the shooter gets penalised for hitting the post compared to if it had been a worse shot and scraped in for a point.

Don't really see the logic of that.

Back