Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very confident that the players will turn up to the ground. beyond
Even with Sic and Scrim out the backline structure will hopefully hold up led by Frosty who is in great form on the last line taking some pressure off Phillips allowing him to go for his marks while Weds does his 3rd tall stuff. Small backs, midfield, ruck, wing options all look good and the forward line now looks quick and slippery that has a few in there that like to kick a goal. We are looking good all over the ground ……. we just need to turn up from the start but upset of the round I say. Can this please please please be a special moment for our club in its journey. Getting a bit sick of this one step forward two steps backward shiit 😂
and we need to kick accurately

It’s always about starting well in Adelaide… and we’re one of the worst starting teams in the comp…

Winning the first quarter would be massive for the group’s psyche.

It’s always about starting well in Adelaide… and we’re one of the worst starting teams in the comp…

I’m getting a bit more excited about this forwardline. Mids have been better too but will hopefully be stupidly good with CJ on a wing.

No Sic or Scrim is going to be tough so …worried. Ah well. As long as we don’t do a GC/Swans performance I’ll be happy

That, and the humidity.

It's 41% at the moment.

😉

Love that Impey is our captain for this game, so very well deserved. Also love our indigenous jumper, special tribute to Chance Bateman one of my all time favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so if "Yartapuulti" show up instead of "Port Adelaide", do we win by forfeit? :drunk:

Why Yartapuulti? Yartapuulti is the traditional Aboriginal name for Port Adelaide. In Kaurna, 'Yarta' means place or land and 'Puulti' means sleep or death, which is the name the Kaurna people gave the land around the Port River.

Hopefully Port are asleep tomorrow

If Crows can do what they did today against the Pies at the MCG then I don't see why we couldn't give ourselves the same chance in this game.
Dogs should have pumped Giants if they kicked straight and we beat them only a couple of weeks ago ……. hopefully that means something

Last edited:
Currently at the airport and ran into the Hawks guys on their way to Adelaide.

Bloody hell Will Day is a unit these days, he's filled out heaps. Tall as well.
You must have been shattered Scrimshaw wasn't there

𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓭𝓮

Love that Impey is our captain for this game, so very well deserved. Also love our indigenous jumper, special tribute to Chance Bateman one of my all time favourites.
Impey has played some very good footy since he came to the Hawks. I think we probably understate how good he has been (that bloody ACL set him back when he was absolutely flying in 2019).

Wonderful human being as well, that article he wrote about his dad is one of the best things I have ever read. If you haven’t read it click the link below, it’s good stuff.

Impey has played some very good footy since he came to the Hawks. I think we probably understate how good he has been (that bloody ACL set him back when he was absolutely flying in 2019).

Wonderful human being as well, that article he wrote about his dad is one of the best things I have ever read. If you haven’t read it click the link below, it’s good stuff.

Wow, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for sharing it - incredibly poignant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back