Preview Round 11, 2024 : Hawks v Lions, 1:10pm Sunday 26th May, Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks heaps for the kind words. Today I was the only journo there as that Richmond press conference was on at the same time.

I try and ask questions that I would want answered about the team as at the end of the day I am a supporter too. I try and street clear of the sensationalism headlines and gotchas.
Just curious. Do the rest of the journos know you will be there and happy to let you ask while they go off to Richmond? And have there been press conferences without any journos?

Just curious. Do the rest of the journos know you will be there and happy to let you ask while they go off to Richmond? And have there been press conferences without any journos?
The high profile journos continually bitch and moan about the lack of access they get from clubs.

And yet I hear there was also only one Journo that fronted for Bevos press conference last night.

They are all too busy writing their opinion pieces from afar

Last edited:
Would've liked to see Phillips get another chance but freakin love that they've picked Gunston. Thought he did really went against Bulldogs and see him as instrumental to Calsher's development. Wanting to see him and Breust on the list 2025. We could well snatch a flag.

lot of people pretty harsh on Gunston here. He has looked good in the majority of games he's played in,and will be a good sub if selected as such tomorrow. His only real problem has been his kicking, esp against Essendon, where he was otherwise pretty lively. Can play back if needed.
I would have thought they are playing Breust for Watson, and he will be managed next week if Watson returns.

Mitchell would make the ideal sub, however his form is such that he’ll start. Once again it’ll come down to Gunston, Dear or Breust, no of whom are going to be to provide the run we need should the game get tight.
McKenzie or CJ maybe? Mitchell said something in his presser about cj being managed again like last week.

The high profile journos continually bitch and moan about the lack of access they get from clubs.

And yet I hear there was also only one Journo that fronted for Bevos press conference last night.

They are all too busy writing their opinion pieces from afar

The journos don’t know if I will be there or not. If no journo is there, one of the media team I imagine would ask a few questions.

In regards to Bevos media conference last night, the Swans held a meeting post game which meant journos waiting for an interview with a Swans player were left waiting, which meant that they didn’t attend the Bevo conference.

On average this year it has ranged from 4 journos in a post match press conference to 6. Mid week press conferences from 1 like today to 4 or 5.

I take long service days from teaching to head down to the press conferences mid week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The journos don’t know if I will be there or not. If no journo is there, one of the media ream I imagine would ask a few questions.

In regards to Bevos media conference last night, the Swans held a meeting pot game which meant journos waiting for an interview with a Swans player were left waiting, which meant that they didn’t attend the Beco conference.

On average this year it has ranged from 4 journos in a post match press conference to 6. Mid week press conferences from 1 like today to 4 or 5.

I take long service days from teaching to head down to the press conferences mid week.
I am not having a go at you so hopefully didn’t came across as such.

How many media people are there registered with the AFL to cover this game? Far too many. And yet still they can’t get more than 6 to a postgame press conference. Across most games. Perhaps coaches should question the worth of these post match pressers if the high profile primma Donnas don’t see the benefit.

Perhaps the grand standing from cushy studio chairs is a lot more preferable

The journos don’t know if I will be there or not. If no journo is there, one of the media ream I imagine would ask a few questions.

In regards to Bevos media conference last night, the Swans held a meeting pot game which meant journos waiting for an interview with a Swans player were left waiting, which meant that they didn’t attend the Beco conference.

Hope you have a lot of leave mate , I'm banking on you doing it full time 🙂

Way better questions and info than the journos trying to get clicks and the like

We got dis one in the bag I reckon
I hope you're right Des, I have a horrible feeling we might get spanked this time. SC post below captures the issue well and we may regret that lack of forward pressure. The Lions have a lot more at stake and a point to prove. Hoping I'm wrong.

With both Gunston and Bruest in the side we will be low on run and defensive pressure across the 23.

The question is whether their experience and skill compensates enough to make that a worthwhile trade-off.

I hope you're right Des, I have a horrible feeling we might get spanked this time. SC post below captures the issue well and we may regret that lack of forward pressure. The Lions have a lot more at stake and a point to prove. Hoping I'm wrong.
Can feel it in me giblets CD.

Bruest and Gunners will lead the way

Really stiff Easy. Wanted to see him play with Sicily.

Not liking losing the Wiz and replacing him with one of our two treacle slow veterans in Breust/Gunston. Our best footy the last few weeks have come from our relentless forward pressure.

The journos don’t know if I will be there or not. If no journo is there, one of the media team I imagine would ask a few questions.

In regards to Bevos media conference last night, the Swans held a meeting post game which meant journos waiting for an interview with a Swans player were left waiting, which meant that they didn’t attend the Bevo conference.

Thanks Newmo, just a quick one. I am so impressed with Sam’s speaking ability, frank and honest affable and with a worldly understanding, like his comment about how Nash is being moved around and then how they are all still learning, even Jar’s about the indigenous world. I have never had the chance to meet him, is this a true look at the man ? Who we see in the pressers?

Thanks Newmo, just a quick one. I am so impressed with Sam’s speaking ability, frank and honest affable and with a worldly understanding, like his comment about how Nash is being moved around and then how they are all still learning, even Jar’s about the indigenous world. I have never had the chance to meet him, is this a true look at the man ? Who we see in the pressers?
Yeah, in my experience it is what you see. No bullshit meter needed. Sam is very articulate, clever and sees through things better than most. And he has a bit of the smart arse about him and will not take shit because he is a competitor.

He has a long memory too.😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back