Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost will take Naughton.
Scrimshaw with Darcy and Weddle and JUH.

I'd personally be playing Wardy and CMac every week for the rest of the season.
He has played every week and been putrid, is worried off the ball and misses set shots, shots on the run....2's for a period for mine, he has been gifted games more so than Wardy or anyone else for that matter.

You'd assume Dear plays the Chol role. When Meek rests he takes centre bounce ruck relief then goes forward while Weddle starts forward then pushes up and rucks around the ground.

He has played every week and been putrid, is worried off the ball and misses set shots, shots on the run....2's for a period for mine, he has been gifted games more so than Wardy or anyone else for that matter.
Not to worry I've traded out Cmac from my AFL fantasy team. If he does well on Sunday then it's confirmed that his form slump was my fault 😂

You'd assume Dear plays the Chol role. When Meek rests he takes centre bounce ruck relief then goes forward while Weddle starts forward then pushes up and rucks around the ground.
Wouldn’t be surprised if dear is the sub due to a limited tank and to manage his minutes and exposure while also giving him and opportunity and reward for good form

Finn didn't do all the training yeah? So a late swap with Ramsden makes sense.
Pretty sure someone in here said that he was okay but IMO if he's not tagging someone (which is obviously his strength) then he shouldn't play. Pretty sure Libba who's a clearance / hardball get master shakes a tag pretty well and with Bont splitting his time mid / fwd a tagger might not be needed. A late change for Ramma would be ideal and would balance out the team better than what it is atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not privy to what the selection committee look at and consider. But from where I sit dropping Ramsden is lunacy.

He came on as sub against the in form team in the comp, has played 1.5 quarters of footy in a couple of weeks after being held back from box hill and now gets dropped when we are in desperate need of KPFs.

I don’t understand why we wouldn’t keep Ramsden it for at least a week until Chil comes back. Feels like we’re throwing Dear to the wolves.

No Phillips?

Talls - Chol, Serong and Ramsden out, and only Dear in?

Have to admit to being utterly confused by this.

Another game that seems to put us behind the 8 ball for no reason.

They have a very tall forward line, so we drop Serong, and use Weddle as ruck, but don't add support down back to cover.

This seems a bit bonkers tbh.

Dies nobody in the coaches box go 'Sam? You sure?'

If we get thrashed, or Dear or Weddle gets injured in the ruck, going to be hard explaining this TBH

No Phillips?

Talls - Chol, Serong and Ramsden out, and only Dear in?

Have to admit to being utterly confused by this.

Another game that seems to put us behind the 8 ball for no reason.

They have a very tall forward line, so we drop Serong, and use Weddle as ruck, but don't add support down back to cover.

This seems a bit bonkers tbh.

Dies nobody in the coaches box go 'Sam? You sure?'

If we get thrashed, or Dear or Weddle gets injured in the ruck, going to be hard explaining this TBH
Maybe they are getting Sam confused with Andy Collins ????

It must be so disheartening to be a half back or a midfielder and look up under pressure and see no aerial presence. The team crying out for a bloke to compete in the air, take a mark, bring the ball to ground or at a minimum force a stoppage.

Forst has been our best performed down the spine, Scrimshaw has been solid punching above his weight. Meek is competing and getting better.

Surley the best runner at the club (Weddle) or the best mark (Sicily) could be used on a wing. If you are not prepared to play them forward while we have a pleathea of options injured.

Throw Nash 197cm down back if you have to release someone.

Kind of irrelevant but Connor MacDonald has played every possible game so far in his career. Never been dropped, never been injured, never been suspended. 48/48.
Time to step up Connor. Showed what he's capable of in the first half against North, need that against decent teams consistently.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Incorrect he was dropped twice last season and responded well both times.

Yep, had 38 touches in the VFL against Casey, who were on top of the ladder at the time if memory serves me correct.

This is partly why I don't see the need in omitting him. He's too good for that level. Let him work through his down patch at senior level.

Remember, he had 20 touches and a goal in the first half only 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back