Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listing to Mitch press, doesn’t sound all that great with Lewis. Could be a bit off
He said he had something that rubbed in his knee and that bit broke off, and once the swelling from that goes down he should be right because the rubbing won't be happening anymore.

It was very simplistic but taken at face value it was a positive I thought.

He said he had something that rubbed in his knee and that bit broke off, and once the swelling from that goes down he should be right because the rubbing won't be happening anymore.

It was very simplistic but taken at face value it was a positive I thought.
Book him in for an arthroscope and get it cleaned out FFS

Hopefully MacDonald is the sub. Can't see any point in picking Ward or Maginess as the sub. Ward should be playing a full game regardless of being in the Seniors or at VFL level.

Yep, Croc is a better option to be used as a sub than Ward.

I will say though, the sooner the sub is eradicated from the game again the better.

I'd personally be playing Wardy and CMac every week for the rest of the season.

As somebody who has played footy on the fringe, sometimes the last thing you need is the confidence sapping omission.
The 'find form in the reserves' theory doesn't work for every player.

The Doggies backline:
199cm - Jones
197cm - O'Donnell
191cm - Khamis

Our forward line:
195cm - Dear
193cm - Gunston
189cm - Maginess (assuming he plays there)

Their forward line:
208cm - Darcy
197cm - JUH
196cm - Naughton

Our backline:
194cm - Frost
194cm - Scrimshaw
191cm - Weddle
188cm - Sicily

Probably lucky they dropped Lobb, who has feasted on our backline previously. We don't have the height to match them either forward or back.

Weddle probably has to play on JUH, which could be a good battle. But I'd have liked to see Phillips picked, so we could maybe play Weddle up forward.

We're asking Calsher to be our full forward and ruck relief.

Yep. Played the first half ruck last week at VFL level apparently. Seems like a tough initiation tbh really bold at the selection table.. Wonder if there’s more to come selection wise or are we going to play Weddle second ruck

Team makes sense for mine - Dogs don't have a tall backline, it is really only Jones and O'Donnell. Hopefully we can maneuver well enough for Gunston to get the O'Donnell match-up more often than not.

In regard to the 1 ruck - I think Weddle will be that 2nd ruck/chop out option. Don't mind it to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team makes sense for mine - Dogs don't have a tall backline, it is really only Jones and O'Donnell. Hopefully we can maneuver well enough for Gunston to get the O'Donnell match-up more often than not.

In regard to the 1 ruck - I think Weddle will be that 2nd ruck/chop out option. Don't mind it to be honest.

Weddle has been dangerous as a relief ruck. But moving him from the backline means their forwards tower over our defenders.

Weddle has been dangerous as a relief ruck. But moving him from the backline means their forwards tower over our defenders.

Yep there is a little bit of Robbing Peter to pay Paul about it, at the same time they would of towered over us anyway. Plus Weddle can hurt English the other way too.

The Doggies backline:
199cm - Jones
197cm - O'Donnell
191cm - Khamis

Our forward line:
195cm - Dear
193cm - Gunston
189cm - Maginess (assuming he plays there)

Their forward line:
208cm - Darcy
197cm - JUH
196cm - Naughton

Our backline:
194cm - Frost
194cm - Scrimshaw
191cm - Weddle
188cm - Sicily

Probably lucky they dropped Lobb, who has feasted on our backline previously. We don't have the height to match them either forward or back.

Weddle probably has to play on JUH, which could be a good battle. But I'd have liked to see Phillips picked, so we could maybe play Weddle up forward.
Just an update mate weddle would be 193 - 194 now grown over the off season.

Well done to selection committee opting for dear to be double teamed all game.. well done. We've seen what happens when one key forward is double teamed.

And with a gameplan of bombing it long not too our forwards advantage

Bevo must really hate Caleb Daniel, and the wider footballing community in general.

He has robbed us of the much hyped and anticipated tiny-weight matchup of Daniel vs Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back