Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St-Kilda-vs-Fremantle.png

Back in Melbourne to host the up-and-down dockers this week. Neither team is convincing this year but still expect a loss against a more advanced team.

Something major needs to change to arrest this form slump if we are to have any hope of reviving our season, but at this point in time the question is would we even want that? Keep getting games into the kids, keep experimenting and trying new things, and hit the draft - preferably with a higher pick rather than another mid-table finish.

I’ll be there but expecting little. Freo midfield is very good. Will the coach/es stick fat or start to shuffle some magnets?

I’ll be there but expecting little. Freo midfield is very good. Will the coach/es stick fat or start to shuffle some magnets?
They should start by reshuffling themselves.
Defense has worked pretty well, get Boris down to the forwards.

As of half time during the sandy game (Byrnes 2 disposals, Collard 0, Arie out with concussion)

Out: Hayes, Hastie, Ross
In: Sharman, Clark, Jones

B: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Henry, King, Wilson
F: Garcia, Membrey, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Windhager, Owens
Int: Clark, Stocker, Bonner, Paton
Sub: Jones

Clark mid, Stocker defence/inside mid, Bonner half back/wing, Paton wing/defensive forward

Looking at other teams ...why do they look so much more physically enhanced than us. A lot of sausage arms in our team compared to all others.
Little known fact. The rebuild of Moorabbin only included enough money for cardio equipment.

Funky has been bought on as CEO with a priority to get a government grant for weights.

In: Caminiti and Jones
Out: Hayes and Paton

I think selections will be limited for this game, with Dow, Clark and Pou needing a stronger case at VFL level to get back in. Sharman not far off.

Hopefully Chito and Nas can get a decent run through the middle.

In: Caminiti and Jones
Out: Hayes and Paton

I think selections will be limited for this game, with Dow, Clark and Pou needing a stronger case at VFL level to get back in. Sharman not far off.

Hopefully Chito and Nas can get a decent run through the middle.
Why Hayes out?... Why give Membrey 20 s**t games in a row and drop Hayes

I would seriously look at bringing Clark/Dow/Pou all back this week. Hastie and Garcia need time to develop. Not sure Paton offers more as a sub than any of those three (or Z Jones for that matter).

Hayes had a dirty day but was great last week, we will need him playing especially if they're running with Jackson and Darcy.

I have no idea how we are favourites. Genuinely perplexing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the worse forward line in the afl how is the pressure not on Rob Harvey? Not a great record at Collingwood and continuing with us. No shitz given that he was a good footballer. He has not shown any semblance of having a good coaching record let alone having any good communication abilities.

I said it at the time and got shouted down. Favourite sons isn't a great hiring policy. Should be best available every time.

Why Hayes out?... Why give Membrey 20 s**t games in a row and drop Hayes

I’d rather see Caminiti given a go at his age, Hayes being 28, so if he’s not impacting games with what 2 disposals on the weekend I think it leaves him vulnerable at the selection table when there’s others performing at VFL level. We need to be making changes when team isn’t getting it done.

With the worse forward line in the afl how is the pressure not on Rob Harvey? Not a great record at Collingwood and continuing with us. No shitz given that he was a good footballer. He has not shown any semblance of having a good coaching record let alone having any good communication abilities.

Because most of what our forwards do is the result how of easily they can read whats happening up the field and then the delivery they receive. Ross was pretty clear on that but we all should know that without the coach needing to spell it out.

To go with that statistically the best looks at goal come from forward half turn-overs something we are currently unable to generate.

So yes sure our forwards need to lift but if you're not considering the other obvious aspects that are outside of our forwards control then you're blind.

For mine, football starts in the middle. Lets get that right and then complain about the forwards

Man for man Collingwood have one of the worst forward lines in the AFL. Doesn't stop them kicking goals.

Last edited:
Sandy were awful in the 1st half - turned off media coverage. Seems like they improved? to end up losing by 5 points. Caminiiti, Heath, Phillipou named amongst the best. Byrnes & Collard amongst the worst. Dow, Clark, Jones, Keeler & Sharman average at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back