Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could start with not giving the oppo 20mins and 4 goals head start very week?
Precisely
I was watching that pregame vid the club released this week and thinking maybe just maybe we switch it up next week and get everyone out of their comfort zones before the game even starts.
**** anything is worth a chop is t it.

Lol at the Jack Hayes hate. Lets just ruck Byrnes FFS. Hayes indoors up fwd, sign me up.

I'm surprised that anyone can suggest that Sharman can cut it as an AFL forward. I'm also shocked that people forget that Josh Battle was drafted as a fwd (made his debut season as a fwd).

Play Battle as the 3rd forward and throw Sharman or Cordy down back with Wilkie and Howard.

It’s honestly like the bloke forgot who he managed.

There is some truth to the comments. Lots of second year blues for Ross at the moment.

Wonder if he’ll respond by taking more control over game plan. Based on his comments he left that to the assistants.

Maybe too relaxed or trusting in mark 2.0

Freo to win by 46 points and Max King not to trouble the score board. Pearce will give him a bath.

Pou's manager has just thrown our forward line under the bus, Pou should sack him immediately ...an absolute tool and you'd expect King and Owens will be filthy.

Irrespective of how much truth there is in the opinion, you dont throw a coach and players under the bus by going public, especially with public opinions on players you don't manage. It just is so damn loose and fails to understand the pressure it puts Pou under with not only his coach but his teammates....what an absolute amateur.

Pou needs to act quickly.

His is just an emo response.

What was funnier was Leigh’s response? Completely sidestepped the issue and replied on script like a newsreader in Russia.

His is just an emo response.

What was funnier was Leigh’s response? Completely sidestepped the issue and replied on script like a newsreader in Russia.

Pou has really had attention dumped on him whether he likes it or not.

Going to be interesting at selection this week because I reckon Owens was probably in consideration for being dropped so the comments by Pous manager puts a bit of spice into selection.

King probably will feel prickly about it because he's been playing like a C grader too.

Probably guarantees Ross needs to keep a bit of separation between Pou, King and Owens too by keeping Pou at Sandy while everyone cools off.

I've always said I believe Battle is a forward. Our defence went so well last year though it was hard to argue with him playing down back.

I would love to see a forward line of King, Battle, Sharman, Higgins etc.

I'm not as sold on Hastie yet as some here. He cracks in, but we need more than that.

The Dockers one wood is their contested football. They like to make the game an arm wrestle and they are very good at doing that. If we want to beat them, we need to play a fast brand of football and hopefully that translates to kicking a decent score.
We won nearly every conceivable stat against Hawthorn, and ultimately, it was our poor I50 efficiency that killed us. Yesterday , Sandy's I50 efficiency was nearly 60%, and they lost by not kicking straight. We seem to be doing a lot right but the finishing is just not there yet. Same as always, being a long time SAINTS supporter, I'm hoping for the best, but to keep my sanity, I'm planning for the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wheels are really falling off now. Not uncommon for a Ross Lyon side.

Freo went from 1st in 2015 to 16th in 2016. We dropped off considerably in 2011.

Once a Ross Lyon side realise they are not contending, all that is left is Ross Lyon football, which is just so damn bland. What does a young kid have to get excited about?

The wheels are really falling off now. Not uncommon for a Ross Lyon side.

Freo went from 1st in 2015 to 16th in 2016. We dropped off considerably in 2011.

Once a Ross Lyon side realise they are not contending, all that is left is Ross Lyon football, which is just so damn bland. What does a young kid have to get excited about?
Not sure your comparison to two sides that had contended and were over the hill age wise really stacks up to where we are now.

Just getting beaten at the contest.

Missing Crouch badly now.

Missing an inside midfield brigade. Three years in a row we have had the season start to lose momentum due to midfielder injury. Got rid of Dunny, Bytel and Gresham. Replaced them with Dow.

Seb Ross now looks like he needs replacing and Crouch is getting physically unreliable. Steele is playing sore, he's dishing off and looks restricted even though his numbers are still good. Marshall also has the look of someone who is playing jabbed. He put in a great effort but very high turnover numbers, he's probably our best clearance player.

Our list management is still very poor. No spare small forwards, no midfield depth. Lots of third tall types at both ends, poor ruck depth

It's going to be years if we use only the draft. We have to look at guys like Jack Macrae and any other decent mids that might come up.

Not sure your comparison to two sides that had contended and were over the hill age wise really stacks up to where we are now.

Ultra defensive presses need 100% commitment from 100% of the list for 100% of the time. That's why mid career fit soldiers work so well.

If you don't get reward for effort it's really hard to keep commitment up.

I've always said I believe Battle is a forward. Our defence went so well last year though it was hard to argue with him playing down back.

I'm not as sold on Hastie yet as some here. He cracks in, but we need more than that.

Hastie looks like he's got plenty to work with but after a couple of games it's impossible to make any call on him.

I reckon Sharman could swap with Battle. He was very good last week in the VFL when he went to the backline. Sured up defence and ripped down a lot of important marks. He looked a bit lost forward.

Before we had Sharman, and Hammer, and Owens etc, i always thought that Battle would be the natural replacement for Membrey.

Hastie is just a bit green. I didn't expect him to play this year.

Bit of noise last week around Ari making his senior debut. Now it's come out he got concussed at training on Thursday so we will never know if it was on the cards or not. Assuming he misses again this week with the 12 day protocol. Will set him back a bit.

Be prepared to play even worse than this week I reckon.

Lyon hinted they will train something different to try and improve our forward of centre connection and he said we're most likely to over-correct.

Yeah he's said this before as well.
Slight dig at the fact that they supposedly follow the plans way too well...

We play like we have and we won't win this. The Freo scoreline against the Swans doesn't tell the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back