Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not, track watchers have been impressed by him all summer, he got a game in round 1 on the back of that form on the track.

His VFL form has been patchy but even then he's kicked bags of 4,3,2 and shown that he can be quite dangerous even if inconsistent.

For mine he's got AFL talent written all over him but he's a bit amature in his application and consistency. Its worth exposing him more at the level so he understands what it takes. That and he could geniunly get on the end of a few goals because he's got the talent.

Also with no Butts and Higgins we need him
Agree.

Also, a good little man can be a real inspiration to a good big man.

I know it sounds weird, but this dynamic is as old as sport itself. Get a good small to bond with a good tall and both players somehow grow in stature.

Midfield needed a complete revamp so hopefully that’s what we get. Forward line is still too tall and slow, can’t understand what the thinking is there. Hopefully we’re giving Phillipou another run in the middle otherwise we’ll be witches hats when the ball hits the deck up forward.

Stoked to see Caminiti back. Never should’ve been dropped.

Season comes down to this game IMO. Lose this and I want to see full tank mode. No second half resurgences to put us back in the middle.

Midfield needed a complete revamp so hopefully that’s what we get. Forward line is still too tall and slow, can’t understand what the thinking is there. Hopefully we’re giving Phillipou another run in the middle otherwise we’ll be witches hats when the ball hits the deck up forward.

Season comes down to this game IMO. Lose this and I want to see full tank mode. No second half resurgences to put us back in the middle.
I'm not sure the two bolded parts are in complete agreement. Caminiti is taller than Hayes but not necessarily slower. Sharman is taller than Membrey but might be slower. Confusing.

From Ross's pressor it sounds Pou is coming in as a forward.
Maybe he'll line him up on Fyfe for a bit. I think Ross is accutely aware of how he is developing the guys.

Ie seeing Owens at more centre bounces last few weeks
Windy having to play VFL to develop as a mid but playing as a HB/HF for saints last year.
Hastie/Garcia getting games
Lancey getting a game on doug nicholls round. (So excited for him)

Rea;ly hope we see Keels soon enough.

I'm not sure the two bolded parts are in complete agreement. Caminiti is taller than Hayes but not necessarily slower. Sharman is taller than Membrey but might be slower. Confusing.
I’m talking overall. King, Caminiti, Sharman, Owens and Phillipou all forward is too tall to have any chance of locking the ball in.

I watched a good portion of the sandy game and collard did nothing, call it what it is an undeserved gift game. I hope he plays a blinder but he’s a very lucky young man. Garcia has shown a bit and while he’s stiff to be dropped it won’t hurt him, being back in the middle at sandy will help his development imo.
Simply a case of no Higgins and Butler.

Either that or someone is 💩 ing their pants about Gresham doing ok and Collard being of questionable VFL form.

I wish you were there when I got piled on for questioning Collard v Gresham post the Hawks game….

I’m talking overall. King, Caminiti, Sharman, Owens and Phillipou all forward is too tall to have any chance of locking the ball in.

I think for most of the match only three of them will be in the forward six at the same time.

Also, either Owens and Pou are KPFs or they aren't.

He had kicked 11goals in the previous 4 games. I think he might be our highest scoring VFL player this year.

VFL small forward roles are the hardest position to play and the first half the ball barely came deep inside our attacking 50.

Without Snags and Butler our forward line looks impotent. If you have one small forward left you might as well play them.

Playing someone who has innate forward craft is much more preferable to a mid who chases & tackles but doesn’t offer much else (at this stage of his career).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?! I did not know that.

I suggested that he might struggle to make it as a tall forward in his draft year because of it. I wanted Izaak Rankin and he went before we had a pick anyway.

Bit disappointing to see Matteas straight back in; what was the point in giving him one week development time at Sandy.

We have to shake this outdated concept of Sandringham being punishment rather than development opportunity.
Sandringham simply isn't a development opportunity though. This has been quite clear for the best part of a decade. The state of the club does not allow for development unlike other reserves/affiliate sides.

Quite obvious when the list managers aren't satisfied with a single Zebra player to draft this year, so have jetted a VAFA player into the side.

I suggested that he might struggle to make it as a tall forward in his draft year because of it. I wanted Izaak Rankin and he went before we had a pick anyway.
On the plus side King is still at Moorabbin.

Sandringham simply isn't a development opportunity though. This has been quite clear for the best part of a decade. The state of the club does not allow for development unlike other reserves/affiliate sides.

Quite obvious when the list managers aren't satisfied with a single Zebra player to draft this year, so have jetted a VAFA player into the side.

Always wanted a Saints VFL side ahead of everything else we have invested in over the last ten years.

Our goal was to have a standalone side by 2016.

Always wanted a Saints VFL side ahead of everything else we have invested in over the last ten years.

Our goal was to have a standalone side by 2016.

Can't run our own VFL side without money to spend, can't develop players without our own VFL side (or a better allignment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back