Game Day Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda's woke stances are good for the bottom line and ultimately that's why they do it.

It's become part of our branding. Pride game, Euro-Yroke, etc.

How many times did Saints wear their indigenous guernsey last year and/or the one that looks like Adelaide Crows? Quite a few and I bet they sold a few thousand of them. You often see pride merch at Saints games.

I'm a bit ambivalent about it but you can mount a strong argument it helps the club.

You don’t seem ambivalent about it at all.

At least have the gumption to stand by your archaic beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Kilda's woke stances are good for the bottom line and ultimately that's why they do it.

How many times did Saints wear their indigenous guernsey last year and/or the one that looks like Adelaide Crows? Quite a few and I bet they sold a few thousand of them. You often see pride merch at Saints games.

I'm a bit ambivalent about it but you can mount a strong argument it helps the club.
Can you explain to me what woke means and how our pride game is woke?

The fact you use the term woke tells me you are probably offended.

Chill out its really no big deal. It doesn't really help the club much neither does it hurt the club.

But it's certainly something the indiginous players on our list feel a sense of pride in and it helps them feel good about the environment we are creating for them.
Changing our name is marketing in the long run.

I heard on tv somewhere that euro yroke is supposed to be a translation of St Kilda from the local aboriginal language.
I thought euro was meant to be a dingo but anyhow I can see that it might vaguely translate to Saint by maybe relating to a Dreamtime entity. Yroke to translate to Kilda but eludes me. Maybe yroke means island??

I'm a bit ambivalent about it but you can mount a strong argument it helps the club
Woke actually meant "fair go" before it was co-opted by right wing nut jobs.

Attachments

• IMG_20240518_140301.jpg
    IMG_20240518_140301.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 33
I’m impressed you were able to hold off for that long.
I know an English bloke who is a manager on the tube in London

He was hitting the South Australian wineries at 10.30

I'm trying to make him a saints supporter

I know an English bloke who is a manager on the tube in London

He was hitting the South Australian wineries at 10.30

I'm trying to make him a saints supporter
A few weeks ago we were the first through the door at Chateau Tanunda at 10am. Nothing like a full-bodied Shiraz before breakfast when you are a tourist.

It’s a small steps towards reconciliation in light of how dispossessed Aboriginal people have been since colonisation.

If you feel aggrieved by a name change for 2 weeks of footy, which translates back to the original name for this area of Country, you can only imagine how Aboriginal people feel with the extent of loss and deprivation they have experienced.

There are bigger things than just doing what helps this footy club, who in itself hasn’t really helped itself at times if we really want to go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a small steps towards reconciliation in light of how dispossessed Aboriginal people have been since colonisation.

If you feel aggrieved by a name change for 2 weeks of footy, which translates back to the original name for this area of Country, you can only imagine how Aboriginal people feel with the extent of loss and deprivation they have experienced.

There are bigger things than just doing what helps this footy club, who in itself hasn’t really helped itself at times if we really want to go there.
A few months back we used an indigenous name on FB for our home ground, and a few dinosaurs carried on about it.
A lady was going "What's with the indigenous names! It's got a name...Moorabbin!!"

WTF language does she think Moorabbin comes from, Chinese?!

If she'd said "Go back to calling it South Brighton" or something like that it would have been marginally less ridiculous - but still fairly absurd. Roughly as absurd as suggesting that doing this stuff "distracts us" from going about winning premierships etc, or using that idiotic "w" word above when people are trying to make themselves feel better about having an R-rsehole opinion.

Yep, you can easily write the script for the Saints. We'll look like getting a top 3 pick and then have a few noble victories late and finish 9th while everyone else is trying to tank for picks.

We'll just miss out on the best mid in the draft and take a West Australian diabetic midget with go home factor but potentially the best back pocket ever to come out of the Coolgardie.
The diabetic midget was also found to have a paper thin skull

If this ends in an L I’m all in for a top 5 pick. Elite talent to come in and compliment the youth we have already will be top notch
Even if we win this, top 5 looks almost locked in. There are just not many bad teams this year.

I have done the ladder predictor multiple times and even if we win 11 games we still finish no higher than 13th.

Season is well and truly done.

Even if we win this, top 5 looks almost locked in. There are just not many bad teams this year.

I have done the ladder predictor multiple times and even if we win 11 games we still finish no higher than 13th.

Season is well and truly done.

Yep we are no hope of playing finals, but it would still be nice to start playing some decent footy again - win or lose.

Oh joy, the 'progressives' are virtue-signalling again. :rolleyesv1:

Wouldn't be an issue if Great Gran and Gramps understood that times change and no one is trying to take anything away.

Do wonder if we tried to make things whiter if the same dinosaurs would have an issue.

All good mate. My experience tells me to question the motivation of journalists first.

Go saints!

All good. Sorry for biting. I think my biggest issue is that we've placed Roo on a pedestal as a Saints great. But any potential criticism is unwarranted. He's human and he like everyone isn't immune to making errors.

Let's hope our boys can come out attacking tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back