Game Day Round 10 - Geelong @ Darwin - 16th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that is exactly true. A lions player played two games in one day. 1 VFL 1 AFL.

I think he is just taking a planned rest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You're correct....I forgot Wiil played VFL not AFL, so the 4 day break wouldn't come into it.....but common sense says you're not going to send an 18yo kid with 5 games to his credit, to Darwin off a 4 day break to play in those conditions, against the No.2 team in the country.....rest up and come back strong in Rd11....

1) Win and its all to play for in 2024

2) Chris Scott will have a proper Darwin game plan

3) No Hawk No Jezza no problem

4) Young rucks should be fun before they start blowing

5) Rotating the young'uns = good big picture move

Cats by 2 goals....

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com/2024/05/15/2024-darwin-game-2-the-real-darwin-game/

Opportunity game for us but not a Mini GF and clearly Dimma is treating it that way.

Nonetheless what a valuable game changing 4 points it would be.
Not a MINI GF but a very very important game to win - given we don't seem able to beat any side above us. With Dangerfield, Duncan, Cameron. Hawkins and even Stanley all out - we will never have a better chance. The years of trauma however suggest we'll s...t the bed again and lose. Fingers crossed.

Moyle has only played against good ruckman at AFL level. He now goes against a less dominant opponent. This is his chance!

Midfield is still good enough. Will need Humphrey and Davies to give good representation though. Maybe Flanders too in bursts.

Backline is still a weakness.

Forward line got a bit weaker too. Hopefully the forward line operates well without Holman, as this could be a stepping stone moving forward without him.

So with Moyle, Mac and Day, we have to win the ruck and ensure that translates to midfield dominance.
I'd be surprised if Moyle hasn't rucked against Conway in the VFL. I'd say he'd be confident of holding his won if not winning the contest. Anyone confirm that?

I'd be surprised if Moyle hasn't rucked against Conway in the VFL. I'd say he'd be confident of holding his won if not winning the contest. Anyone confirm that?

Conway didn’t play in last year vfl game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how Geelong come out early. We generally win up there by letting the opposition burn too many tickets early and we take advantage in the second half when they are cooked in those conditions. But despite Geelong going on about this being a team full of kids :drunk:, they are still full of mature bodies who will be able to cope a bit better than the younger teams we have played here, and I expect them to run out the game better.

Can’t let them kick away early and just hope we will reel them in.

Hopefully we can build an early lead, think cats will gas late into the game with the conditions

Also, if ever there was a game for Luko to secure his spot in the forward line….

Yes, the conditions aren’t suited to key forwards, but I’d hardly classify Luko as a genuine tall at his size and ability at ground level. Geelong with only KK’s brother and Henry means Luko should be up and down half-forward at will getting involved.

No De-Koning either, gee we should really win this. A lose here is now another epic failure.
Also feel for poor Alex Davies, played a cracking game last week and gets pushed out of the starting 22 but Fiorini and Swallow 🤮
Davies was great last week but seems like a management thing, full cramps last week and not long back from a hamstring strain. Cats going in really small, forced or not may end up a master-stroke, time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back