Preview Round 10 - Hawthorn Hawks vs Brisbane Lions, York Park Sunday 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said in another thread it does show a lack of talls in VFL who are not Ruck/forwards and pure key players.
We have Payne.. Then Lester to play tall. Then Fullarton, Lane and H Smith ruck forwards.

I would not be worried if they tried Tommy behind the ball. Might be a better place for him.

I’d sit them both on the pine the whole game. Would have liked to see Robertson have a run but you know if these 2 are getting a game ahead of you you either may as well give it up or find another club.
They're not in because they're better than them, they're in because Fagan is bound to the structure of KPPs we have. Not sure why he isn't willing to entertain any other structure when the personnel aren't available. Fwiw, I'd also have Mitch Robbo and Deven both in over Prior.

What annoys me is its the first week we've had all year to play Payne in his proper position, and we're a good chance to choose Fullarton there over him. Can't work that out.

They're not in because they're better than them, they're in because Fagan is bound to the structure of KPPs we have. Not sure why he isn't willing to entertain any other structure when the personnel aren't available. Fwiw, I'd also have Mitch Robbo and Deven both in over Prior.

What annoys me is its the first week we've had all year to play Payne in his proper position, and we're a good chance to choose Fullarton there over him. Can't work that out.
It’s all well and good to have KPPs but you still actually have to do something. Just because a 195cm player is named doesn’t mean they are suddenly going to take 15 marks and kick 6. Look, I’m sure Fagan and all the experts have a pretty good idea, but how long do you persist with something that has never worked in the past? Do you just try forever until the one day it does? Or do you try something different?

Its more they just don't change the team sheet. They just swapped out the last player out for the next player in.

I suspect like the last few weeks they won't line up as named
Lester was originally named forward with Payne in defence I believe. I do agree though that where they're named doesn't matter all that much though.

It seems no one likes Fullarton. He's played 15 games. I've seen worse 15 games from others his size. He's a bit under confident ,been given roles beyond him at this stage of his career and has shown enough promise to me. I think the hardness will come .

It seems a lot is expected of Fullarton and Payne considering where they're at experience wise. Obviously at this stage neither is a world beater but I'm not giving on them at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all well and good to have KPPs but you still actually have to do something. Just because a 195cm player is named doesn’t mean they are suddenly going to take 15 marks and kick 6. Look, I’m sure Fagan and all the experts have a pretty good idea, but how long do you persist with something that has never worked in the past? Do you just try forever until the one day it does? Or do you try something different?

You mean the same structure that has delivered 3 consecutive top 4 finishes? Bizarre how that has never worked. 😳

It seems no one likes Fullarton. He's played 15 games. I've seen worse 15 games from others his size. He's a bit under confident ,been given roles beyond him at this stage of his career and has shown enough promise to me. I think the hardness will come .

It seems a lot is expected of Fullarton and Payne considering where they're at experience wise. Obviously at this stage neither is a world beater but I'm not giving on them at all.

I like Fullarton. I do think however with Smith & Lane re-signing yesterday & us bringing in Forte last trade period things don't look overly rosey for his future with us. Hope I'm wrong, but every year players need to be moved on & new ones given a chance.

When your in a good team you don’t have games to waste if you want to be a part of the action. If he wants to play 100 mediocre games he can go to North and good on him. If he wants to play in a Premiership team, now is the time against a bottom team to really show us what you’re made of. Kick 6 at FF and you’ll be the headline act on 360. 3 kicks and 2 handballs won’t cut it this week and you’ll be off to Labrador next year.

Browny got one possession in his first game. And not a lot more for a few after that.

Obviously I'm not comparing either to him but you seem to expect a lot from inexperienced big guys just learning .
Sounds alot like you just compared him to Brown. And it was actually 0 possessions.

When your in a good team you don’t have games to waste if you want to be a part of the action. If he wants to play 100 mediocre games he can go to North and good on him. If he wants to play in a Premiership team, now is the time against a bottom team to really show us what you’re made of. Kick 6 at FF and you’ll be the headline act on 360. 3 kicks and 2 handballs won’t cut it this week and you’ll be off to Labrador next year.
Who in the whole AFL has kicked 6 at FF of recent times ? One or two if you're lucky.

I like Fullarton. I do think however with Smith & Lane re-signing yesterday & us bringing in Forte last trade period things don't look overly rosey for his future with us. Hope I'm wrong, but every year players need to be moved on & new ones given a chance.
Yes I think the acid's probably on Tom with those resignings. But I believe he has a lot of improvement in him once it all clicks in.

A few on here who also forget it’s 15 games from a guy who has only been back in an AFL system for a few years.

He might not make it but not like it’s a massive issue to give him time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back