Autopsy Round 11, 2019: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Significantly displeasing!
P!ss weak in the contest!

Even with all the booze i'm consuming doubt i could get as light headed or stupid
As the insipid brain farts out there attempting to play something resembling football!

Made my diarrhoea dumb somehow and much like our shameful fraudsters am beginning to spray them everywhere!! :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the worst display from a Saints side I have seen for a long time
need to rethink the smalls in the forward line as well - it is only one of the things that hasn't worked.
Young , Long just don't turn up - even though no one turned up today except Marshall.
Joyce way off it , Phillips has had his chance and now we know why Coffield has been playing at Sandy.
bring in King - to early but I'd rather him get 3 touches than Young.
White is a must , same as Paton , Hunter Clark , McKenzie , Hannebery would of shown more today with not playing in over a year.

Need to make a statement after this disaster

This is sad.
Really really sad
Since the glory days of 2009 and 2010 look at where we played finals once in 2011 and been downhill ever since compare to that to Geelong and Collingwood its actually depressing. At this point Richo will have been coach for 6 seasons and we are here. Even if its not his fault which I dont think it all is. Injuries have cruled us, playing in China was just always going to be a massive challenge. Even so why were the next lot of players not ready. Why have solid to outstdning junior player not developed. It can't all be bad drafting. At this point it doesn;t metter we need a change or we will be stuck in this loop of lower table to finnishing 10th/11th on the ladder every year. We are now in Richo's sixth year and we are still being blown out.

Its time to go

Jamie Cripps was homesick. Needed to get home to mummy. Club didn't have a leg to stand on.

Pretty much, plus also is a diabetic and we've had such wonderful luck with those.

It's now being reported as a suspected broken leg for Geary.

It's going great at St Kilda.
Geary was no way near ready to play today , if he was a highly skilled play bring him back in but he is a bloody back pocket and should had a run a sandy before coming back. (not good news for him today about his leg - feel sorry for the guy)

Coaching, Richo needs to step or step aside. Its beyond ridiculous now.

It won't happen. And probably it shouldn't despite the last six weeks being horrible.

Look at the side we had out there. Not an excuse but a reason.

Kids: Today we had 9 players under 25 games (Marshall, Long, Battle, Coffield, Phillips, Parker, Wilkie, Joyce, Young). One of them was our best player, the others didn't do much as a group.

Veterans: Only 4/9 of our most experienced players were out there, and two of those are Savage and Geary who were clearly not fit. The other two are Brown (solid but nowhere near A grade) and Newnes (tries hard but isn't really very good). They didn't contribute much at all.

Core: Actually not terrible - Ross, Bruce, Billings, Dunstan, Membrey, Sinclair, Kent, Gresham, Steele. Not great, don't get me wrong, but not terrible. If there were a couple of serious A-grade veterans running around, and maybe a true A-grader in this group, clearly we'd be much better.

Realistically the list just isn't that good, can't easily make do without 9 of the best 22: Hannebery, Geary, Steven, Savage, Roberton, Carlisle, Webster, Acres, McKenzie.

I don't think Richo gets judged on this sort of performance with all the injuries. I think he gets until the end of the season to see if he can possibly do anything useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back