Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowing that finals are out of the equation, I'd play this team:

B: Paton, Cordy, Wilkie
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Wilson, King, Owens
F: Higgins, Caminiti, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Dow, Windhager
Int: Crouch, Henry, Webster, Collard
Sub: Garcia

Out: Jones, Pou, Howard, Bonner
In: Crouch, Garcia, Cordy, Higgins

Would like to give Paton a chance to prove that he can get back to his pre injury form as a lock down small defender. He was tracking to be much better than Webster or Stocker in that role. If he can't do that then we should cut him loose as he's no good on the wing or forward.

Last edited:
B. NWM Howard Wilkie

H.B. Bonner Battle Sinclair

C. Hill Clark Wood

H.F. Henry Caminiti Owens

F. Hayes King Higgins

Foll. Heath Marshall Steele

I/C. Crouch, Dow, Wilson, Windhager, Schoenmaker-sub

Ins. Clark, Crouch, Hayes, Heath, Higgins, Schoenmaker

Outs. Collard, Jones, Paton, Phillipou, Sharman, Webster

Play the same team as last week, except Collard out for Garcia, and just tell the guys that how well they do in this game, will determine if they get further senior games at the club.

Play the same team as last week, except Collard out for Garcia, and just tell the guys that how well they do in this game, will determine if they get further senior games at the club.
IMO At a minimum, Higgins will come in for Collard and Crouch will come in for Jones. The other changes, if any, will depend on match ups. I will watch the game, but I am currently at the stage where I am enjoying watching the Sandringham games more than the Saints. Having said that, I would not be surprised if we won this game. It's the Saint's thing to do. Win this game and suck us all back in, only to disappoint us even more further down the track!

Knowing that finals are out of the equation, I'd play this team:

B: Paton, Cordy, Wilkie
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Wilson, King, Owens
F: Higgins, Caminiti, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Dow, Windhager
Int: Crouch, Henry, Webster, Collard
Sub: Garcia

Out: Jones, Pou, Howard, Bonner
In: Crouch, Garcia, Cordy, Higgins

Would like to give Paton a chance to prove that he can get back to his pre injury form as a lock down small defender. He was tracking to be much better than Webster or Stocker in that role. If he can't do that then we should cut him loose as he's no good on the wing or forward.
Collard couldn't run the game out. Never should have been selected off his VFL performance in the first place and definitely should not keep his spot in the team.

The first game v. Freo was the first one I haven't watched all year. What was Max's game like? Numbers look very poor on paper but that's not always the story

He got pats on the back for at least giving effort...sounds ridiculous when you write it down but that's what happened.

Who would have thunk it, an elite footballer recruited to be your marquee forward getting praised for bringing good attitude and effort after 10 weeks into the season.

Last edited:
Ok, so my hiatus from following the Saints has lasted a full two days, don’t expect to win this week, but…..
If we are up by 5 pts with 10 seconds to play & Billings slots the winning goal… well then I’ll probably be pissed off all over again. Carn the Zebras

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so my hiatus from following the Saints has lasted a full two days, don’t expect to win this week, but…..
If we are up by 5 pts with 10 seconds to play & Billings slots the winning goal… well then I’ll probably be pissed off all over again. Carn the Zebras
If that is the result, I actually don't mind it. Will have been in the game and JB will have helped us to replace his pick 3. Only caveat is that he kicks their 15th goal to beat our 14!

If that is the result, I actually don't mind it. Will have been in the game and JB will have helped us to replace his pick 3. Only caveat is that he kicks their 15th goal to beat our 14!
Melbourne fans are livid after their loss over there and JB is among those marching into execution square. They want him OUT.

But ya know the ol ‘play ‘em against the old mob’ mentality. I bet he plays.

Crouch will take a while to get into the swing of things. He took a while when he first came too. I am not expecting much. Hopefully I am totally wrong and he blitzes.

How do you think player morale is right now? How can you ‘explore’ the capability players and their roles when their spirit is down? I’m not saying they are, because I actually think for the most part, they are having a real crack. But it can’t last forever.

I agree....what I saw of him wasn't impressive at all, but there seems a real want on this board at least to play him.
I think its the same as most players right now, play them to see what they can do and if they are worth persisting with. Clark is last chance saloon, if he doesnt show something in the last half of the year id assume wed delist or trade him.

Same reason id like to see Collard play again, especially with Lever out and at the G.

As noted, the year is gone, finals is gone, may as well tank and assess.

Yeah that’s about as long as I can go as well!

G
In: Crouch, Higgins, Stocker, Allison, Garcia

Out: Pou, Paton, Sharman, Jones, Collard

Sub: Stocker

Let’s see how Ross and Membrey push a case for selection via the VFL. I think we need to reward those going back and putting together strong form.
We will have to be careful in managing workloads over the next couple of weeks with a few short weeks and a trip to Perth. Fortunately we will have almost a full list to work with.

Melbourne fans are livid after their loss over there and JB is among those marching into execution square. They want him OUT.

But ya know the ol ‘play ‘em against the old mob’ mentality. I bet he plays.

Crouch will take a while to get into the swing of things. He took a while when he first came too. I am not expecting much. Hopefully I am totally wrong and he blitzes.

How do you think player morale is right now? How can you ‘explore’ the capability players and their roles when their spirit is down? I’m not saying they are, because I actually think for the most part, they are having a real crack. But it can’t last forever.

You never know, sometimes players relax and play with freedom when the pressure of finals is not present.

G

We will have to be careful in managing workloads over the next couple of weeks with a few short weeks and a trip to Perth. Fortunately we will have almost a full list to work with.
It looks like Van Es might be the only player unavailable this week. That’s a huge turn around from about a month ago. Hopefully it translates into better for the Saints and Sandy.

It looks like Van Es might be the only player unavailable this week. That’s a huge turn around from about a month ago. Hopefully it translates into better for the Saints and Sandy.

Sandy are going well - one unlucky 50 from a four game winning streak.

The issue here is a lot of those injured players were senior or more experienced, and now that we are 3-7, a cohort want those experienced players to stay out of the senior side at the expense of kids.

Be interested to see the outcome of the Parker tribunal decision. Should be graded very similarly to Webster. High impact, severity, intentional, even more late than JW.

No doubt he'll get the name player discount.
I think there is also the VFL discount. I think the max sentences for these incidents is lower than AFL (i do stand to be corrected on this)

Sandy are going well - one unlucky 50 from a four game winning streak.

The issue here is a lot of those injured players were senior or more experienced, and now that we are 3-7, a cohort want those experienced players to stay out of the senior side at the expense of kids.
I think everyone knows our midfield isn’t great. Surely Crouch and Clark have to come in.

Get Allison in, all I have to look forward to now is debuts.

Allison has mainly been poor. Personally given how weak the Tigers Reserves were with all their injuries I would believe little weight can be given for this one good game.

Now if he can back it up next Sandy game, then he may be worthy of promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back