Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Crouch, Clark, Higgins, Hotton
Out: Pou, Bonner, Collard, Jones

Sinclair to replace Bonner at half back. Crouch for Pou, Clark to take Sinc’s midfield spot. Paton sub. Hotton into Paton’s half forward role. Higgins for Collard swap.

One more chance for Sharman as a forward, otherwise Tim is in next week. Hotton gets one go with Butler to return via VFL. If he underperforms, then straight swap next week. An AFL experience would do him good imo, even if he isn’t 100% ready

Starting midfield of Steele Crouch Windy. Clark and Dow to roll through

To everyone suggesting it, let's actually not just get Allison in after kicking 5 on the weekend. 4th season on the list and yes he has had injuries, but no one deserves an AFL debut on the back of one solid VFL game in 4 years. Give him time to build a season. If he can have a few more big games, then sure it might be worth looking at a debut. But at this point last year he was borderline out the door already, needs to show more than one game that's for sure.

Contrary to popular belief, the season isn't quite yet over. Can't be gifting games in round 11. Need to re-evaluate at the bye for sure, but this is not the time to start gifting debut games.

I think there is also the VFL discount. I think the max sentences for these incidents is lower than AFL (i do stand to be corrected on this)
I think there are a couple of differences that can result in lower penalties. One of them is a guaranteed discount for a guilty plea if I remember. I guess it's because they don't have the resources and want more cases to be closed without going to the tribunal.

To everyone suggesting it, let's actually not just get Allison in after kicking 5 on the weekend. 4th season on the list and yes he has had injuries, but no one deserves an AFL debut on the back of one solid VFL game in 4 years. Give him time to build a season. If he can have a few more big games, then sure it might be worth looking at a debut. But at this point last year he was borderline out the door already, needs to show more than one game that's for sure.

Contrary to popular belief, the season isn't quite yet over. Can't be gifting games in round 11. Need to re-evaluate at the bye for sure, but this is not the time to start gifting debut games.
The female commentator (not sure who she was!) literally said "Allison has found himself in the right place at the right time on a few occasions today". A few of his marks had that right-place-right-time feel about them even though he took them well and kicked beautifully. If he can do it over a few weeks, it'll show that it wasn't just a good day out.

Aside from that, tallish forwards aren't a position we've got a desperate need to throw a rookie into with Sharman, Caminiti, Membrey and Hayes miles ahead of Allison on track record. He's still young though, so if he makes every post a winner from here there's still a chance.

Edit: Have been told the female commentator was Libby Birch. Her comments in general impressed me the most of the female commentators so far. Really insightful and clearly speaking from a wealth of experience.

Last edited:
Clark to take Sinc’s midfield spot
Sincs didn't attend a single centre bounce until q4 last week.
(24% of all centre bounces for the whole game- dow and pou both attended twice as many 48%)

Sincs attended 5 centre bounces last week (in q4) and got 2 centre clearances.

(Dow and Pou attended 10 each for 0, windy attended 16 for 0).

The 2 centre clearances sincs got were the ones later in the quarter where our midfield actually looked slick btw.

Last edited:
Be interested to see the outcome of the Parker tribunal decision. Should be graded very similarly to Webster. High impact, severity, intentional, even more late than JW.

No doubt he'll get the name player discount.
I was interested to hear a commentator on the radio reference the Parker incident and lost my shit when he described how bad the incident was and then proceeded to announce that Parker could be looking at as much as 4 or 5 weeks!! Errrr, no, the standard was set in pre-season at 7 weeks, thank you very much!!

Agree giving Allison a game, he's so far of AFL pace and would need to put in another 4-6 games of that level to even change minds he shouldn't be cut at seasons end.

However disagree the season isn't quite over, as I said recently, Saints fans for reasons we know all too well, are actually quite gifted mathematicians, as we've dedicated a significant portion of our lives to doing complex mathematical calculations to prove our mathematical chances of making finals at this approximate point in any given season. As a result I have a PhD in applied mathematics.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, what is going on there?

Is something broken?

And Hayes went from hero to villain in a flash.

There are some wires disconnected in the fuse box at Linton St.
Pou just isn’t ready for AFL yet, and Ross is starting to get impatient with the lack of talent on the list so he’s trying to rush Pou’s development. Someone needs to stop him

Agreed. It's the first glimpse that he may be capable of playing the game, let's gather a little more evidence first!!

I was interested to hear a commentator on the radio reference the Parker incident and lost my s**t when he described how bad the incident was and then proceeded to announce that Parker could be looking at as much as 4 or 5 weeks!! Errrr, no, the standard was set in pre-season at 7 weeks, thank you very much!!
I completely agree with you and in many ways Parkers was worse (the bloke he lined up never actually had the ball) but i think under VFL rules its graded and asessed differently. I read somewhere that for footballing incidents you cant get more than 5 weeks.

Do I think Alison deserves a debut after one good game out of 20? Of course not.

Do I still want it to happen because it would be hilarious? Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now part of me also says "farg it", lets do it, let's make his debut against Steven May and see where fait takes us.

Let us see the practical joker in Ross.

Great to see Allison kick 5, but no way does he deserve a debut after one good outing against a depleted team. Hopefully he backs it up and then we can start looking at him.

Out: collard, Philippou, Sharman, jones, Paton

In: Higgins , Ross, Garcia , crouch, Clark

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
Hb: NAS, battle, Sinclair
C: hill, windhager, wood
Hf: Wilson, king, Henry
F: Higgins, caminiti , Owens
Foll: Marshall, Steele, crouch
Int: bonner, clark, Dow, garcia
Sub: Ross

100% , they had that many fill in players half of them wouldn't have even known their names

Now part of me also says "farg it", lets do it, let's make his debut against Steven May and see where fait takes us.

Let us see the practical joker in Ross.
May goes to King, McDonald probably to Camma. Sharman and Allison if he plays get... like Rivers and McVee unless they bring in Schache or some shit.

Id kinda like to see it TBH.

You’ll be beside yourself when he’s clunking marks and kicks 4.2
Now look this might be controversial but I feel as someone with a proven record in knowing when to put a fork in a players career, Cooper Sharman being my most recent success, I'd say Allison would have to kick at least 5 goals in each of his next 4-6 games to convince coaches they should reluctantly move his papers out of the delist pile into the maybe pile.

Now look this might be controversial but I feel as someone with a proven record in knowing when to put a fork in a players career, Cooper Sharman being my most recent success, I'd say Allison would have to kick at least 5 goals in each of his next 4-6 games to convince coaches they should reluctantly move his papers out of the delist pile into the maybe pile.

It's hard to be anything but annoyed or worse at a St Kilda supporter boasting about successfully predicting a St Kilda player won't make it, even with tongue placed firmly in cheek.

The female commentator (not sure who she was!) literally said "Allison has found himself in the right place at the right time on a few occasions today". A few of his marks had that right-place-right-time feel about them even though he took them well and kicked beautifully. If he can do it over a few weeks, it'll show that it wasn't just a good day out.

Aside from that, tallish forwards aren't a position we've got a desperate need to throw a rookie into with Sharman, Caminiti, Membrey and Hayes miles ahead of Allison on track record. He's still young though, so if he makes every post a winner from here there's still a chance.
Plus the blind kick around the corner that could have gone anywhere , I'm calling it as his one day in the sun with very little opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back