Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be my first game at the G for a few years and was looking forward to it a month ago. The best I can expect is to see what is going on around the ground that is not captured on TV, so that I can judge for myself who is doing what rather than having to rely on other interpretations.

Most people are having a go at Lyon and I don't understand it. He has said all season how he wants us to play and has expressed various degrees of disappointment in that we haven't been doing it. He wants us to play fast and to take a considered risk. I'd absolutely love it if he demanded that the players had a red hot go at attacking the game, knowing now that replacement players are available if you don't do it.

The Dees look vulnerable ATM, their best players being the usual suspects. OK, I'll admit it.......I'm looking for a minor miracle in the form of a win!

I’m quietly confident. It won’t be easy but I think we’re a big chance.

The question is how many changes to our team. I’d like to see Higgins, Clark and Crouch at a minimum. One of Membrey or Hayes. That leaves Ross, Stocker and Garcia as other possible inclusions, which is a lot of change. It’ll be interesting to see how many changes we make. At some point we need to get some consistency with our 22 to build cohesion.

I completely agree with you and in many ways Parkers was worse (the bloke he lined up never actually had the ball) but i think under VFL rules its graded and asessed differently. I read somewhere that for footballing incidents you cant get more than 5 weeks.
The biggest thing Parker has got in his favour is that the media haven't been replaying it every five minutes. VFL incidents seems to fly under the radar a bit.

In: Crouch, Clark, Higgins, Hotton
Out: Pou, Bonner, Collard, Jones

Sinclair to replace Bonner at half back. Crouch for Pou, Clark to take Sinc’s midfield spot. Paton sub. Hotton into Paton’s half forward role. Higgins for Collard swap.

One more chance for Sharman as a forward, otherwise Tim is in next week. Hotton gets one go with Butler to return via VFL. If he underperforms, then straight swap next week. An AFL experience would do him good imo, even if he isn’t 100% ready

Starting midfield of Steele Crouch Windy. Clark and Dow to roll through
Hotton is a mid. At this stage in his development I think he'd be better off playing a full game in the middle against a real VFL side than playing as a small forward in the AFL where he might struggle to get a touch.

Allison has mainly been poor. Personally given how weak the Tigers Reserves were with all their injuries I would believe little weight can be given for this one good game.

Now if he can back it up next Sandy game, then he may be worthy of promotion.
I agree it’s the first time Allison has shown any semblance of ability in about 2 years. I hope it’s some green shoots starting to emerge.

I’m quietly confident. It won’t be easy but I think we’re a big chance.

The question is how many changes to our team. I’d like to see Higgins, Clark and Crouch at a minimum. One of Membrey or Hayes. That leaves Ross, Stocker and Garcia as other possible inclusions, which is a lot of change. It’ll be interesting to see how many changes we make. At some point we need to get some consistency with our 22 to build cohesion.
Confident??? Have you seen us play lately?

Contrary to popular belief, the season isn't quite yet over. Can't be gifting games in round 11. Need to re-evaluate at the bye for sure, but this is not the time to start gifting debut games.

Indeed

We only need empirical evidence

We made a granny winning only 15 home & away games in ‘97.

Maybe the first to get there.

We were 1-4 too.

Surely we can win every game from now.

With all our injured stars coming back.

And having the 3-7 wake-up alarm button pressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, then the Eagles who just belted narm.
Then the Suns who just belted Geelong.
Lions at the Gabba.
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Crows in Adelaide
Yay!

Like 0-2 Collingwood?

There's always something - might as well start winning now

Saints could be done for tanking after last weeks selection.

Interchange Bench:
Collard , Phillipou, Sharman, Bonner.

You mainly want to rotate your mids so they can keep going at high intensity. We used way less rotations compared to Fremantle.

Pou needs more time in the 2's. Collard needs a lot more time in the 2s.
Sharmon is not needed as a rotation off the bench.
Idk, why we selected Hastie ahead of McLennan, who can play as a lockdown small defender and has been very clean , very accountable, and also good on the rebound at Sandringham.

Dow was very disappointing , basically played an outsiders game. Ross will give a more honest performance.

Higgins our most important scoring player. Straight in.

Wilkie Howard Webster.
W-M Battle Sinclair.
Wood Ross Hill
King, Garcia, Hayes
Higgins, Caminiti, Owens.

R: Marshall, Steele, Wilson

Bench :Windhager, Crouch, Bonner, Clark.

Sub ( Byrnes ).

Confident??? Have you seen us play lately?
I’ve watched every excruciating minute but I don’t believe we’re as poor as we’re playing. With a few more back from injury, we’re a much better side. Granted, it’ll take some time for a few to get up and going at AFL level but I’m confident we’ll start turning the corner. Melbourne look vulnerable.

Only Schoenmakers and Van Es on the injury list. Schoenmakers a test coming back from concussion.
Great news indeed Punter.

The problem is that Van Es rarely leaves the injury list.

As was mentioned by a previous poster and I respnded....we ain't getting any better. with the shrinking injury list......bizarre.

It may be as simple as the returning players taking time to gel with team mates.

Ummm....jury's out on that one.

:p :p

Hotton is a mid. At this stage in his development I think he'd be better off playing a full game in the middle against a real VFL side than playing as a small forward in the AFL where he might struggle to get a touch.
He played half forward/mid in the VFL on the weekend. Basically the same role as Phillipou last week, except a bit more forward. Good overhead too despite small size

Outs

Sharman
Collard
Jones
Phillipou
King
Paton

Ins

Garcia
Higgins
Hayes
Ross