Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1996931
View attachment 1996930

i know its facebook nuffy central, but anyone seen or heard of this stuff??
230f9b2b-7c4d-49f3-afbd-3b0ebd9d370b_text.gif

He can say it but not mean it. Based on his body of work to date, he's never been a coach that favours acts of individual brilliance. He likes rigid adherence to structures and systems.

If Lyon was a car he'd be a midsized Audi sedan or something dull and German..... Bevo would be something like a 1970s Alpha that spends half it's time off the road but when he goes it looks sweet and exciting.

Fly would be more your Tesla or something. New and different but at the end of the day he's still just scar after a shitload of hype. Still his fans jizz at how awesome he is even if for everyone else the gloss is wearing off a bit.

Vossy is like an old Commodore, reliable but unsophisticated and a bit heavy on the juice.
What are the Scott brothers?
And might as well do John Longmuir whilst we're here.
Cheers 🍻

basically that tghe players hate the coach.

apparantly a big name player is going to Gold Coast next year....i didnt know we had big name players

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't be surprised if our captain moves on frankly. I don't know who this big name player is, but that's my bet.

Ross has actually said the total opposite this year (from memory it was after Bonner had made a few crucial turnovers).

Wants them to take risks, move & run.

Which is very hard to do when you've got guys who can't hit targets and a midfield that can't get & then retain possession.
Correct
He’s also stuck with Bonner after he’s made some monumental f ups
Think he means it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was King getting suspended (block in the last minute) with Windy suspension being in the Bombers game.

Unbelievably Henry’s injury also being in the last minute or so (and only detected after the game)
Ah yes. Good to see someone's paying attention. I tell ya, Henry getting back to that early season form would make a big difference by itself. I also think Ross' plan was to rotate him through the mids, which would be very helpful.

players in his last stint loved him
Sometimes players and coaches just don't gel either.
As we came to know what RL really liked in players you'd have assumed that Brett Voss and he would have been a great match. But not to be.

If there's someone who can't work with RL then they'll leave. And that's good I suppose.

No point having about a fit about it now because we don't know who they're talking about, if it's true now, or will be true in four months time.

Sometimes players and coaches just don't gel either.
As we came to know what RL really liked in players you'd have assumed that Brett Voss and he would have been a great match. But not to be.

If there's someone who can't work with RL then they'll leave. And that's good I suppose.

No point having about a fit about it now because we don't know who they're talking about, if it's true now, or will be true in four months time.
Relos over in WA told me back then, that there was a fair bit of friction at Freo within the playing group and things were not all good in Lyon's time over there.

Seriously??? the forward line is the hardest position to play. would rather Collard than Hill in that position. Hilly is cruising on wings too hot in the kitchen playing forward lol
He did a great job in the forward line against the hawks pressuring their outlet player I remember.

Seriously??? the forward line is the hardest position to play. would rather Collard than Hill in that position. Hilly is cruising on wings too hot in the kitchen playing forward lol
He has a good footy brain, reads the play well & he is agile & quick. Nothing is working well up forward at the moment. What have we go to lose. I'm not suggesting we lock him in there for the rest of the season. At the moment we are flogging the same old horse.

Great news indeed Punter.

The problem is that Van Es rarely leaves the injury list.

As was mentioned by a previous poster and I respnded....we ain't getting any better. with the shrinking injury list......bizarre.

It may be as simple as the returning players taking time to gel with team mates.

Ummm....jury's out on that one.

:p :p
Henry and Dow only getting 15 each is testament

He has a good footy brain, reads the play well & he is agile & quick. Nothing is working well up forward at the moment. What have we go to lose. I'm not suggesting we lock him in there for the rest of the season. At the moment we are flogging the same old horse.
Hill is the cream on top that plays like the cream on top. Move on....the Hannebury that actually plays is all he is.

What are the Scott brothers?
And might as well do John Longmuir whilst we're here.
Cheers 🍻

I reckon Chris is a black sinister looking Range Rover. His Bitch Stewie brother is a dark grey Kia Sorrento. They kind of look the same but one is shit.

Hardwick would be a meth dealers Subaru WRX with spoilers and shit in his horrible red and yellow polo and erratic manner.

Old man Fages would be a Humber. No-one had heard of him before and he's old and fusty and would smell mouldy.

Ken Hinkley would be a Ford Falcon taxi, he's done a million kms and just keeps going in a low fuss manner but people think he's shit.

Yze is a Chery. He's new and no-one really trusts that he's any good yet.

Matthew Nicks would be a Saab. Sort of weird styled and no-one remembered it was even a thing.

Horse would be Nissan Micra, he doesn't need something flash to compensate for a lacking.

Ross Lyon would be a Mitsubishi Magna. He's unstylish and had his moment 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back