Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Crouch been Luke Balled

Ahhhh, I see we've gone back to team that was losing before the team that is currently losing. Gotcha.

Head scratchers of late are the treatment Pou and Hayes. Think one needed to stay in the 2's longer and the other needed more of a shot at the 1's.

I don't mind Byrnes but think Garcia needs to be playing. I want to see Collard get another go and think he'll be suited to the 'G also. Pressure is off this week and no one expects us to win (myself included), so let the kid run free.

What worries me is the plethora of similar type players on the wings and in the backline. And none of them are pure mids. Would prefer Clark in over Ross. Not fussed we give Crouch another week! They botched his return earlier in the year so.

Who's helping Marshall in the ruck against Gawn? Do we have a forward line this week? Pretty glad to see Higgo back!

Ahhhh, I see we've gone back to team that was losing before the team that is currently losing. Gotcha.

Head scratchers of late are the treatment Pou and Hayes. Think one needed to stay in the 2's longer and the other needed more of a shot at the 1's.

I don't mind Byrnes but think Garcia needs to be playing. I want to see Collard get another go and think he'll be suited to the 'G also. Pressure is off this week and no one expects us to win (myself included), so let the kid run free.

What worries me is the plethora of similar type players on the wings and in the backline. And none of them are pure mids. Would prefer Clark in over Ross. Not fussed we give Crouch another week! They botched his return earlier in the year so.

Who's helping Marshall in the ruck against Gawn? Do we have a forward line this week? Pretty glad to see Higgo back!
Caminetti was excellent as the second ruck last week

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been very sad and boring, team selections since Lyon came back, refreshing to see the return of the selection melts from the surviving few still posting after the Bigfooty deep state purges.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think "BigFooty deep state purges" is an accurate way of putting it. Chief said "nothing will change, you'll see" but he couldn't have been more wrong. And just to twist the knife, the fortunes of the team have been down only in parallel with the cluster feck on this Board. Significantly displeasing.

The teams Ross has picked the last couple of weeks indicates that he has given up on us playing finals and we are in tank mode.

The loss to the Hawks was the breaking point, we were a chance of playing finals before that loss but now the cue is in the rack.

I'm not expecting us to win too many more games this year but hopefully we can at least start playing more attractive footy and start building something for next year where we might be able to have a crack at finals again.

This is now the year of exploration that we probably should have had last year before we accidentally became a finals contender.

Last edited:
The teams Ross has picked the last couple of weeks indicates that he has given up on us playing finals and we are in tank mode.

We could also successfully tank by picking heaps of inexperienced youngsters who may gather a disposal or two each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could also successfully tank by picking heaps of inexperienced youngsters who may gather a disposal or two each.

That's one way to tank and also playing our experienced players out of position like we did with Paton playing up forward,

I wouldn't be surprised if we tried that again with Higgins playing in a back pocket on Pickett with King playing at full back.

At some stage we will probably get going and win some games. Our percentage suggests we aren't that bad.

Would prefer that to be this week but Melbourne are a well drilled side. Also guys coming back from injury seem to be taking a while to find form.

I think we'll struggle this week.

I'd like to see Pou go to the twos a d actually find form. I'm a bit tired of rotating players through the middle and forward that are just out of form.

We are way better then where we are, but that feels irrelevant because of how the season has gone. I don't think we really deserved to win any of them, but the fact we have lost 5 games by 10 points or less is pretty crazy. If we win 2 or 3 of those we are right in the hunt for a top 8 spot.

We rushed Crouch back and set him back 10 weeks, so not surprised he is being eased back into it. Clark I assume the same, these 2 are in our best 10 players when fit

I’d like to think that also.

And I’d like to think that as impressive as Garcia was last week, they want to give him a real solid base before coming back into the seniors. In the hope that when he does he stays there as part of our best 22 like the Windhager example. And that Phillipou will also now receive a solid chunk of Zebra games in order to properly prepare him for a long and successful senior career.

I want to think that, otherwise I can only believe the selectors have completely lost the plot and I will have no alternative other than to…

YVKzVU5.gif

Was at a coaching course last night. A saints player from 09 & 10 who played a lot of games loved Ross and was big on him. I am more certain than ever he is the right man for the job. Pity he can’t right the wrongs of the past in 1.5 years. Loser.
This Saints player was another student in the coaching course or one of the "teachers"?

So the majority of the managed players are back, we are playing conservatively with crouch who is one game back from knee surgery, we have chosen to give Collard another chance at AFL level when 2 weeks ago you were all frothing about not playing a small forward when we needed one, Hayes and Caminiti are playing for the same position obviously and Caminiti was really good last week.. oh what else... Garcia played a really good game vs a genuine 2nd rate VFL team and is now the saviour?

Have I missed any other melt?

Bringing Pou straight in last week was an appalling move. The kid needs time to find form. Thankfully rectified this week but the coaches need to have a hard look at themselves for that move.

Personally I don't mind leaving Garcia in the twos aswell to see if he can start to consistently dominate games.

Those two are the future and we need to develop them into mids, not ineffective forwards.

Unfortunately with Crouch and Clark still seemingly building fitness I see more of the same here. Our midfield getting destroyed.

Let's avoid all this tanking, rebuild rhetoric- we need to put up some kind of fight and always aim to win, as supporters and potential members will drop off rapidly, as will media and corporate interest in the club..and the desire of youngsters and mature aged players to see us a destination. Friends who regularly travel from country Vic to watch the Saints play, have all lost interest to a man, as are those I know who are regular attendees at home games and dropping away as they have had it with the club who is giving them nothing in return.

It was a gross mistake to bring Lyon back out of retirement, and drag back former popular Saint players in an attempt to recapture past glories..it was delusional by Bassat who pretty much saw it as a marketing opportunity as much about himself as it was for the club.

We need the players to play their natural game and not be strangled into some kind of stagnant style that is unattractive to watch and is not in the best spirit of Aussie Rules footy, and causes error-ridden football which will do young players no good whatsoever in their development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back