Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd say he is a fringe player who probably gets delisted to be honest. If he can't get into the side and impact he's at the point that you'd wonder if it's worth persisting with him. We'd be better with Will Snelling or a state league mid.

Delisted is harsh but man, that pick 19 we could have got would have been nice.

Surprised that Collard kept his spot after such a poor game last week, I thought he was odds on to be dropped with Higgins back.

If it wasn't Sir Doug Nicholls round and we were still in the hunt for finals I doubt he would have been getting another game but hopefully he can make the most of his second chance and show more than he did last week even if he is just the sub for us.

I don't have a problem with Sharman holding his spot, he hasn't been in great form but he hasn't been awful either and I still have faith in him becoming a good swingman type player for us going forward so the more games we can get into him now the better.

so play the kids but dont play the kids either? hes been our best small forward after higgins and butler...who have been injured
I've never called to gift games to kids, paritcuarly those who couldn't run out the game the week before. Just like everyone else on the list, they should get games through good performance when he hasn't had.

Just saw that Billings has been dropped for this game, looks like Melbourne are taking this game more seriously than we are.

They also have better depth than us where they can afford to drop Billings, he would probably still be getting a game for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1000008560.jpg

Dear Ross,

Play him there.
Leave him there all day.
for at least a handful of games... in a row

Hell- even go crazy and tell him to train as a full time midfielder for ~6 weeks.

What's the worst that could happen?

The best part of hitting rock bottom is that there is nowhere left to fall.

Let's do some actual exploring in this year of exploration.

Sincerely

The Steadier.

View attachment 1999182

Dear Ross,

Play him there.
Leave him there all day.
for at least a handful of games... in a row

Hell- even go crazy and tell him to train as a full time midfielder for ~6 weeks.

What's the worst that could happen?

The best part of hitting rock bottom is that there is nowhere left to fall.

Let's do some actual exploring in this year of exploration.

Sincerely

The Steadier.
Funnily I'd say the exact same for the HBF. Play others on ball that are the future and leave our best player in his best position to lead.

As has been said though it's all points of view on a board like this so no criticism of what you're saying.*

C'mon Champ...sorry Chief* (I always forget). Can you bring this board back to what it was. I wouldn't have felt the need to explain to Steadier something they already knew...

** oh sorry Champ came in. F*cd it like a typical Carlton supporter and not been back since.. sorry Chief ( I always forget)

We literally cash in our spare cap money to the AFL.
And in return we get extra (presumably) first round draft pick(s).
Never heard of this. Is it something new?
Thought we had to use it - hence getting Hanners etc on big coin.
We can “buy” first round picks?
Please will you explain a bit more how it works. Thanks.

Never heard of this. Is it something new?
Thought we had to use it - hence getting Hanners etc on big coin.
We can “buy” first round picks?
Please will you explain a bit more how it works. Thanks.
SO the theory goes, if say a team is in the hunt for a flag, but is bursting at the seams with the salary cap. Instead of trading out players for no return, they could trade their first pick to st kilda in return for a percentage of their salary cap.

as st Kilda is rebuilding and dont need to be offering players so much money, they can use the pick and lower their minimum cap spend for the next year. So sacrifice a portion of next years cap for melbounes round 1 pick etc

When you lose more than half of your games by single digits- it's wrong to say that a gun draft pick or two isn't the answer.

A petracca/degoey etc type messiah or two (or lack thereof) can most definately be a determining factor in that many close losses
As King and Cornes said this morning, who is “the guy”?
Port have a couple. Sydney have a couple.
Dees have a couple.
Pies have got one. So do most of the other teams. Hell, Eagles have a first year player as their “guy.”.
Who is ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back