Prediction Round 11: Changes Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Would drop Hogan after another putrid outing. If the club is serious about making people earn their spots Jesse should be sent to Peel until he's tearing it up down there. I don't wanna hear the whole "He's a big name so he's automatically best 22" ********. The way he's playing he does not deserve to be in our best 22. The only way he'll learn is by making him earn his way back up. Bring in Jones to play ruck so Lobb can move to FF. Have Cox play the CHF role and let Jesse play at Peel until he can actually start pulling his head in. Would personally bring in Bennell this week but I know they won't.

IN: Jones
OUT: Hogan
Hahaha
Hogan's worst game is better than Jones' best and to put possibly the slowest ruckman in the comp against probably the most mobile is a disaster waiting to happen.
The only change I would make is put Blakely in the midfield.

What’s screwing us up forward is we are making our opposition team do the zone work that we are doing. Our forward line is clogged full of talls and it doesn’t give our talls a one out one on one contest. If we played a different style of game we could isolate Hogan one on one and bring the rest of the forwards up to help that situation but with the game plan it isn’t likely to happen. However as ugly and low scoring we have been we have haven’t been blown away by any team. Every game has pretty much been a low scoring ugly brand of footy but it has kept us in the 8 when really we look like 15th. These ugly games we are watching keep us in a position to win and it’s frustrating but who know we might be able to limp over the line like we did against Brisbane in enough games to make the 8 lol

I think Ross was getting some mileage into Blakely before moving him into the centre, but yesterday kinda forced his hand. He just seemed much more dynamic in there. I watched him lumbering around from half back yesterday and he seemed slow, but I think in the middle he seemed more assured.

Lobb to stay ruck with Cox the chop out. Will need to significantly improve around the middle against their elite mid’s

The clearing kick down the line needs to be option B or C now with tabs out, it was obvious yesterday we just couldn’t create a contest - hogan is not a crash b bash forward.

But if they shut down hill and his pace through the middle, we are in trouble also. Can Langdon actually add some value?

Maybe a McCarthy comes in for half forward speed and contest but not sure for who.

Bewley has to get another game

Ross will be looking forward to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not concerned about their forward line. I am concerned with the midfield. It is one of the best in the competition. Treloar, Penders, Sidebottom, Beams and Grundy.

The main advantage we have over them is speed. We have a faster side. We should be able to expose them with fast counter play movement from the backline. We did this quite well against Brisbane, but it is just that pass to CHF that we cannot hit, then we opt for a 50m+ bomb into the forward line.

If we are turning it over we will get exposed by their skills, and if they get multiple entries it is a matter of time from when they score.

As for us, we can have multiple entries into 50, however our skill and ability to hit up a target is very bad. I am not sure what we can do about it either.
One solution would be to bring in Bennell. I have zero confidence with ball in hand with Brayshaw or Cerra at the moment. Langdon redeemed himself with the kick to Walters.

How the hell can Swita not opt for a shot at goal from 40 out directly in front? That does not ooze with confidence as a forward.

In regards to Hogan, who do you think the best defender will go to? Hogan of course, why? He is our best key forward, or at least the most capable.

I would like to see more shots from 50m on the run.

Is the Out: Brayshaw just a thing every week now for some people. 13th best player on the field.

Hard to swallow for everyone but as young players, him and Cerra are going to be up and down. You are kidding yourselves if you think we would get consistenlty better from any of the guys at Peel and pumping games into 19 year olds who contribute most weeks has to be the best thing for their development

Also, lols at Hipwood

1558932433557.png

Whilst I agree with you on Bennell. Jones would have to be considered, especially if Mason Cox plays.

Before yesterday’s game I was keen for Brennan Cox to play relief ruck but everytime he went in the middle we got totally smashed. Can you imagine B. Cox vs Grundy or Mason Cox. If Mason doesn’t play then I think Brennan should cope against their relief.
Ok, I am preparing myself for (another) bigfooty bashing with this suggestion; I think a second ruck option could be someone like Logue. Given he is not yet up to AFL standard, I would consider Hughes. It would be totally conceding the contest, and is really only about giving Lobb a spell. Logue I think can at least contest and keep some of the other 2nd rucks honest, whereas Hughes would be much more an extra midfielder who is prepared to use his body.

We are gradually becoming a team that is not dependent on a dominant ruck, and that is not a bad thing imo.

Ok, I am preparing myself for (another) bigfooty bashing with this suggestion; I think a second ruck option could be someone like Logue. Given he is not yet up to AFL standard, I would consider Hughes. It would be totally conceding the contest, and is really only about giving Lobb a spell. Logue I think can at least contest and keep some of the other 2nd rucks honest, whereas Hughes would be much more an extra midfielder who is prepared to use his body.

We are gradually becoming a team that is not dependent on a dominant ruck, and that is not a bad thing imo.
Here comes the first whack. Logue is coming off a foot injury, I wouldn't be throwing him into the ruck where he will be jumping an@d landing and potentially damage it. If we aren't going with a genuine second ruck I think Cox is the best option.

Is the Out: Brayshaw just a thing every week now for some people. 13th best player on the field.

Hard to swallow for everyone but as young players, him and Cerra are going to be up and down. You are kidding yourselves if you think we would get consistenlty better from any of the guys at Peel and pumping games into 19 year olds who contribute most weeks has to be the best thing for their development

Also, lols at Hipwood

View attachment 681594
I want Brayshaw out because his kicking is beyond putrid.

Was it bad on the weekend? My main memories are him kicking that skidding goal and hitting Fyfe at the top of the square for a goal.

Was it bad on the weekend? My main memories are him kicking that skidding goal and hitting Fyfe at the top of the square for a goal.
I noticed one zero pressure turnover by foot but I wasn't looking for them. His set shot was also predictably poor. I would say it was about par for Brayshaw based on what we've seen: pretty bad.

The way I see it Blakely was still mostly a HB in the last quarter but we had the wall set up so he was sweeping the ball up around the centre square and driving us forward as much as he was following the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it Blakely was still mostly a HB in the last quarter but we had the wall set up so he was sweeping the ball up around the centre square and driving us forward as much as he was following the ball
He was straight in the guts directly after our goal, after already pushing up during play like you said

I thought worst on ground for turnover kicks yesterday was Walters - very unusal.

Didn't notice any Brayshaw issues yesterday which was a positive because his kicking had been, as you say, very ordinary in past games.

I noticed one zero pressure turnover by foot but I wasn't looking for them. His set shot was also predictably poor. I would say it was about par for Brayshaw based on what we've seen: pretty bad.
It cant have been that bad for the rating he had from 15 touches. Every player has 1 or 2 a game. I'm not saying his kicking his good, it needs serious work but I do think he's better of late

Also, lols at Hipwood

View attachment 681594
What am I looking at here? lol

It cant have been that bad for the rating he had from 15 touches. Every player has 1 or 2 a game. I'm not saying his kicking his good, it needs serious work but I do think he's better of late

Agreed his disposal is getting better. Also look at his disposal efficiency. That was a bit better as well. He needs to work on punching the ball a bit more - lower flatter kicks. I’ll back him in to improve over the offseason. A lot of comes down to composure which comes with game time.

What I have noticed with Brayshaw is that he does a lot of good off the ball work like shepherds and blocks. I think it was the first goal to Cerra with a very nice kick from Bewley where Brayshaw put in a well disguised block to allow Cerra an uncontested mark. He has been playing a tough position and at times is a little lost but is contributing. He gets his rest in a week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Atm every disposal from Brayshaw seems rushed, but I’m sure it will improve over time. Wouldn’t drop him. His hands in close are elite and he’s willing to chase and tackle.

Im hearing ya gav...Logue as ruck chop. He has a huge leap and is agile enough for second efforts.

Posted the same thoughts , Logue to midfield / forward with the ruck chop out for Lobb.
Logue is a powerhouse, big tank, big leap and quick. He has played the old ruck rover role pre drafting. It's an out of the box suggestion but Mundy moving to the midfield was also an out of the box move that was poo . pooed at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back