NRL Round 11 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
This week sees the last chance for players to stake their claims for State of Origin spots and as such we should be in for some very interesting set of matches. It begins tomorrow night at Shark Park when the hosts take on the Cowboys who'll be without JT once again, there is only one game separating the two teams so its an important game before the impact of Origin.

Friday Night sees the the Warriors host the suddenly out of form Dragons before the Broncos take on the West Tigers at Suncorp Stadium.

Saturday begins with the Titans coming off the back of 3 wins in a row including last weeks dramatic win over the Storm facing the Sea Eagles for what could be a place in the 8. That is followed up by the Eels vs Raiders with similar stakes.

Sunday could see the Knights leap off the bottom of the ladder if they beat the Panthers, this is then followed up by the forward battle that is Bulldogs vs the Roosters and then we head to Perth for the Rabbitohs vs Storm to finish off the round

What a joke this is turning out to be.

NRL clubs call urgent meeting in bid to remove John Grant from ARLC

In what looms as the biggest threat to John Grant's reign as ARLC chair, a meeting of all 16 NRL club chairmen has been called in Sydney next Tuesday.

Canterbury chairman Ray Dib sent out an invitation to club chairs on Friday morning, requesting a last-minute gathering with his counterparts at which it is expected the clubs will call for an extraordinary general meeting to remove Grant from power.

Fairfax Media understands a proposal to try and remove all six commissioners will also be floated after the NRL baulked at a proposal agreed between the governing body and clubs over funding.

To remove Grant, a majority vote is required from the 16 clubs, six commissioners and two state bodies. However it is widely assumed the six commissioners, Queensland Rugby League and the two NRL-owned clubs (Gold Coast and Newcastle) won't be voting against Grant.

Link

* me the Raiders defence is comical at times.

This is turning out to be a brutal season to endure after all the high pre-season hopes.

I feel like we were really lucky to get away with that. When we've won this season it's been with a heavy reliance on some spectacular work from some individuals. Our forwards don't really seem to be battering teams like last season, and Hodgson is clearly not guiding the team as well as he was last season.

Still, I'm bloody stoked that we ended the losing streak. I think/hope we can build some momentum during the origin period, cos at this stage I expect Papali to be the only player we lose. I don't know that Boyd, Sezer, Leilua etc have done quite enough to be picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know this forum existed :)

Awesome win by the Dragons without Widdop and Dugan (the latter can forthwith GEAD)

I sometimes forget the opposition while watching the Warriors and the Dragons sure were good. Welcome to the forum. :)

Carn Storm outrun these pretenders
Need bloody -8 for a massive multi collect
Can see them hanging around like a bad smell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back