Preview Round 11: Richmond V Essendon - Dreamtime @ The G, 31/05/2014 - 7:45 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houli, the bloke 20cm shorter than Carlisle? Making it too easy, isolate Carlisle one out alone in the 50 and watch him kick 6
Has he taken a mark yet this year? Has he kicked a goal yet? Will he be sub again?

I wouldnt be suprised if Carlisle plays loose man in attack for you given his out put this season.

So 2 undisciplined acts that cost the team a free kick and a 50?
Actually only the throw of Heppell cost anything. The don't argue gained us heaps in that passage of play, the toss of the ball was after the siren.

Nothing to do with the upcoming game though.

I still don't get why on earth Hampson would play instead of Griffiths if Ivy came back in. Hampson may win taps but he just hits it anywhere and is useless around the ground. Griffiths is not and his kicking is amazing.

We didn't hand over a second rounder on day 1 of the trade period in the hope that one of Ivan or Hampson would be injured.

I agree that Hampson, especially, is unlikely to offer much up forward, but if he plays I can see Ivan doing most of the ruckwork before being subbed out with 10 to go in Q3.

Hampson's leap is a big reason we got him. Ryder can jump. I can't see Hampson being dropped and if Ivan plays Griff is likely to make way, then ask his manager to open talks with Freo.

Dea to Chappy?
Yeah maybe. He's so strong, Chapman. Dea might be the first go.

Just not McDonough. He is not a defender.

Heppell was tagged right out of it recently in the Saints game, which they lost. That might have been Tom Curren?

We put Ellis on Gibbs in R2. I think someone has to go negative. Grigg maybe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heppell was tagged right out of it recently in the Saints game, which they lost. That might have been Tom Curren?

Grigg.2 hardnuts going at it.

Give Ivan another week in the magoos.We need a legit excuse to drop Hampson/Vickery or Griff.Sadly for Ivan GWS didn't offer up an excuse to do so.

Dimma was at pains to say a fortnight ago that we were missing 3 of our top 6 players (Lids, Rance & Ivan). I'm not sure if Ivan really is that high, but as OK as Griff went, I reckon they will be looking to play Ivan. He's clearly ready and we'd only have the same discussion again next week.

I'm fascinated to see which way they go

Ellis to Hepp IMO
Grigg to Watson - He did a great job against GWS playing on Ward who wins his own footy. Maybe even Thomas to Watson as a back up.

Ellis to Hepp IMO
Grigg to Watson - He did a great job against GWS playing on Ward who wins his own footy. Maybe even Thomas to Watson as a back up.

I agree. We had a look at Thomas on Watson in the preseason game and I don't think it was a success. He'll be nearby though so any chance he gets to get physical I'm sure he'll take it.

Jacko was set to do a charity run around the Tan today but won't do so. Touch and go, you'd think.

We didn't hand over a second rounder on day 1 of the trade period in the hope that one of Ivan or Hampson would be injured.

I agree that Hampson, especially, is unlikely to offer much up forward, but if he plays I can see Ivan doing most of the ruckwork before being subbed out with 10 to go in Q3.

Hampson's leap is a big reason we got him. Ryder can jump. I can't see Hampson being dropped and if Ivan plays Griff is likely to make way, then ask his manager to open talks with Freo.

True but I dont think they expected Griff to come one the way he has. His pressure and tackling is a cut above all our talls with the exception of maybe Rance. I would drop Ty but cant see that happening.

It is also worth noting, and I havent looked up the stats, just going off memory, but I am sure Griff has had more marks and shots on goal that Ty in the last 2 weeks or so. That combined with tackles and pressure sees him clearly in front IMO.

I wouldnt drop Hammer just yet as I would like to see 2 dominant rucks in our team for the first time since I can remember.

Griff to play CHF and Jack at FF with a resting ruck rotating through. I dont think we would lose much but we would certainly gain an edge in the middle.

I agree. We had a look at Thomas on Watson in the preseason game and I don't think it was a success. He'll be nearby though so any chance he gets to get physical I'm sure he'll take it.

Jacko was set to do a charity run around the Tan today but won't do so. Touch and go, you'd think.

Miles is due, so I would give Jacko the week to rest.

I really like seeing Grigg with a defensive job.

Happy to see this, but the below might be even better

I dunno how he does it, but Grigg does manage to shut down contested, inside players. Case in point, Libba.

If the Tigers win the contested possession count by a bit, Essendon can't chip it around so much, and all we have to do to complete the picture is not give them ball back in dangerous field position.

Yer but mistakes are made sometimes. Now that we have all seen that he can't catch a handball I think there is no point. Remember we got him without the knowledge that Griff would actually stake a claim. We thought we had an injury prone Maric n Vickery n that's about it. As a pure ruckman Hampson goes ok, as does Maric but I just can't see why on earth you'd want both on the pitch at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back