Unofficial Preview Round 11: St Kilda VS Collingwood - Friday 30th/May/Etihad Stadium @7:50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently this is the saints Guernsey for this match.

View attachment 58104
I didn't think I would like it. But I like it:)
Still sort of has our R,W&B tri panels. Has the yellow wich used to be on our jumper. And it has the colors of the Aboriginal flag, and a nice little funky bit of indigenous art:thumbsu::thumbsu:
All up that's more ticks than youd get on a wild pig:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think Dunell will play, he'll have been too long without a game otherwise. He last played 10th May, and with Sandy not playing this week, if he doesn't play for St Kilda he won't play again until 7th June.

Reward Seb Ross by naming him as emergency and then try to bring him in next week.

I think Dunell will play, he'll have been too long without a game otherwise. He last played 10th May, and with Sandy not playing this week, if he doesn't play for St Kilda he won't play again until 7th June.

Reward Seb Ross by naming him as emergency and then try to bring him in next week.

lol

Honestly don't think Dunell will come in unless Siposs comes out at some point.

Sandy have a match vs Casey on Friday afternoon vs TBBO.

This hasn't been discussed much for a preview thread, what do people think the result will be?

Being overly optimistic, maybe we're in with a chance given we're coming off a bye and Collingwood are coming off a six day break, and the fact that they have a few injuries - Brown and Frost in doubt.

That's definitely wishful thinking though, hopefully we come out fired up, play well for at least the first half and don't get completely blown away. In reality I'm expecting Collingwood to win by about 8 goals.

TBH I think we're in for a world of hurt. Teams coming off the bye have been sluggish and we just aren't as competitive with some of our best 22 out. Pies are flying and it's at the G, not good.

I'd like to see us go all out in the first quarter. We're the worst first quarter team by a long way so how bout we tell them attack the first quarter like your life depends on it and whatever happens from there happens. Can't keep having our games over by quarter time, particularly in prime time.

Given the poor form Travis with the nailpolish has been in and how he admitted recently that if he gets off to a bad start he loses confidence for the game, I'd be hoping that we double team him from the start, just to help ensure he gets off to a slow start this week as well, especially as he's under a lot of media scrutiny at the moment. About the last thing we want is Trav getting off to a fast start and getting his mojo back (which would in turn give the rest of his team and their supporter base a big lift as well) and him doing to us what he did last year, when he was pretty much the difference between the two teams.

Aside from that, it's obviously imperative that we bring the pressure and intensity that we had earlier in the year and in the 2nd half last week right from the opening bounce. No more of this terrible-first-halves-but-then-pulling-our-fingers-out-in-the-2nd bullshit.

Last edited:
TBH I think we're in for a world of hurt. Teams coming off the bye have been sluggish and we just aren't as competitive with some of our best 22 out. Pies are flying and it's at the G, not good.

I'd like to see us go all out in the first quarter. We're the worst first quarter team by a long way so how bout we tell them attack the first quarter like your life depends on it and whatever happens from there happens. Can't keep having our games over by quarter time, particularly in prime time.

Yeah this has all the markings of a similar game back in 2000 / 2001 when they smashed us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW, Its our home game & its at Etihad

First up let me preface this post by saying that how much i have to come to admire Nick Riewoldt as a player. He has proven to everyone what a champion he is and i have no doubt he will go around at least another year. Respect.

So, I have a feeling St Nick is going to kick a bag, Travis to kick 2 behinds and 4 out on the full. Our goals most likely to come from Mids and smalls. I actually think you are in better position coming off the bye as our players have pulled up pretty sore from Saturday.

I think we will have to bring in Keeffe if Frost does not come up. He is lacking confidence so could be exploited by your talls. You might see us bring in a mid for one of the rucks as we have been getting smashed in clearances. Macaffer might go to Lenny and try and limit his output. Jones most likely to tag Pendles?

Lets hope for a good contest with no injuries.

For anyone interested of all clubs we have the hardest run home it seems.. We got the hardest draw out of the bottom 4 from last year.. (Not sure what thread to put this in so just put it here).

Fantasy Freako ‏@FantasyFreako 1h
Just had a look at that myself. Doing a fixture analysis for this week's rave and Saints have the hardest run home.

Really wish we'd put Brisbane away in NZ. We will be struggling to jag more than a win or 2 from here on out looking at the fixture.

edit: Just saw the indigenous jumper. Aesthetically it looks shocking imo but I am happy to have the focus on raising awareness for indigenous issues rather than selling guernseys, and I think we'll achieve that e.g. I had never heard of the Boon Wurrung (sp?) people until this round so there you go.

For anyone interested of all clubs we have the hardest run home it seems.. We got the hardest draw out of the bottom 4 from last year.. (Not sure what thread to put this in so just put it here).

Fantasy Freako ‏@FantasyFreako 1h
Just had a look at that myself. Doing a fixture analysis for this week's rave and Saints have the hardest run home.
= more Jack Billings :)

= more Jack Billings :)
Yes higher draft pick is a positive but they also don't guarantee a star though they guarantee a lot of spuds also, so i'm confident backing in our recruiting team with whatever pick we have. But it's looking likely we'll take home Wright or McCartin you'd assume. (Although if GWS finish below us they'll take the left over of those two)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back