Player Watch Round 11 v Essendon - Dreamtime At The G - MCG Saturday May 25th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geez haven't been on the main board in a while, but the injury trolling from Geelong and Bombers supporters is pretty bad. Guessing if the shoe was on the other foot we would be allowed to get away with it :drunk:

There are a few things we need to fix in the front half of the ground:
  • Place some more experience across half forward. Baker and D.Rioli should replace a couple of the younger smalls, with Smith coming in to replace Rioli off half back.
  • Play an extra tall ffs. Why use Pickett as a tall forward when you could bring in Ryan? Ryan can ruck the front half with Nank floating across the backline to help out Miller & Young. Then when Ryan goes into the centre we still keep Balta and Lefau (Kosi if he doesn't play) forward of the ball. I'm so sick of us bombing the ball forward to no one.
  • Either rest Dusty if he's not fit or get him involved more up the ground. He's not impacting the game offensively, and has always been poor defensively
  • Take Sonsie out of the forward line and either play him as a mid or not at all.

There are a few things we need to fix in the front half of the ground:
  • Place some more experience across half forward. Baker and D.Rioli should replace a couple of the younger smalls, with Smith coming in to replace Rioli off half back.
  • Play an extra tall ffs. Why use Pickett as a tall forward when you could bring in Ryan? Ryan can ruck the front half with Nank floating across the backline to help out Miller & Young. Then when Ryan goes into the centre we still keep Balta and Lefau (Kosi if he doesn't play) forward of the ball. I'm so sick of us bombing the ball forward to no one.
  • Either rest Dusty if he's not fit or get him involved more up the ground. He's not impacting the game offensively, and has always been poor defensively
  • Take Sonsie out of the forward line and either play him as a mid or not at all.
After this week they will rest Dusty for a week, either the Geelong game or Crows so that he plays his 300th as a home game against the Hawks.
I think the acid will be on the senior players this week to play 4 quarters of uncompromising footy given the last 2 weeks and being on prime time big game also, so Dusty may take the week off against Geelong and then be nursed through the Crows game. TBH I think he had been nursed through most games this year and would have managed earlier if it wasn't for our injuries and his 300th

The injury report adds a little reason to be more optimistic about a competitive performance this week. Baker will return, Trezise, Campbell and Banks are all available. Bauer sounds like he'll be fit but assuming he'll play VFL given the amount of footy he has missed.

No mention of Leafu so assume he is ok and fit to play.

Apart from Baker it's just kids that are fit again, so can't expect them to pull too much weight but at least we are on the upswing in terms of fit players. Hopper and Taranto just 2 games away and Lynch back before the bye? There is some light at the end of the injury tunnel.

in: Baker, Campbell, Tresize

Out: Mansell, Dow, Sonsie

Short into midfield

100% agree re Short in midfield. In 2022 his CBA % was over 40% in 14 games. Our record in those games was 10-4. I never understood why we moved away from playing him in the middle when he is the perfect player to dispose of the ball out of the centre, is quick enough to run defensively and can tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short into midfield
Man I hope they don't just rush Campbell in, he had done nothing for weeks, was due to be dropped and prove himself in the 2s. Should shift the magnets and bring Kaleb Smith in instead. So for me, Dan Rioli forward.

When I saw they were #2 on the ladder I had to just look at their draw.

They've had one good win against a contender. ONE.
when was the last time rfc got a draw like that ? 1898 in the vfa?

Short into midfield
sloth no GIF

campbell needs to find form in the 2s
I’m not sure if you’ve been watching the VFL or even last weeks games, but Coulthart and Green haven’t exactly been lighting it up in the VFL. what’s the point of dropping someone for form if the person you bring in isn’t in form?

I’m not sure if you’ve been watching the VFL or even last weeks games, but Coulthart and Green haven’t exactly been lighting it up in the VFL. what’s the point of dropping someone for form if the person you bring in isn’t in form?
coulthard was definitely in form

Man I hope they don't just rush Campbell in, he had done nothing for weeks, was due to be dropped and prove himself in the 2s. Should shift the magnets and bring Kaleb Smith in instead. So for me, Dan Rioli forward.
I think there's room for Campbell even with Rioli forward. We've lost Mansell, and Campbell is a fair way ahead of Coulthard and Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back