Round 12 Trades - Bye week #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Most people trading in S.Shaw this week. Any concerns for JS?
I would consider if coming off 2 games in a row, but he has has played in round 4 then no game until round 10. Could he end up like Spurr?

If i do the trade it will be Bugg --> S.Shaw for the cash but at least Bugg has good JS.

His coach seems to rate him! :thumbsu:

“The unlucky one is ‘Hendo’. He hasn’t really done much wrong, but we wanted to get ‘Shawy’ back in. As we saw, Sam was fantastic against Greater Western Sydney but then had a little injury setback with his hamstring, and we didn’t want to risk him.
“With Freo’s forward set-up, Shawy gives us the flexibility of another really good defender. We really like him as a player and he makes us look really settled back there.

Ellis -> Shaw – Gives me
Then
Magner -> Priddis – With 57K

With 9 trades left after that

Looking then to trade Pfeiffer, Bootsma and Didak next week! Pick up Gibbo with one of those next week!

Looking to upgrade Magner to a premium mid. I was originally planning on Cotchin but would Priddis be the better option (~$95k price difference between the two).

Gibson is a bit of a godsend. Will trade Zaha to Gibson to free up some cash and save a donut which gives me good flexibility next week to trade out the likes of Ellis, Bugg, Smith and Treloar, for two premiums, probably Watson and Waters and a rookie, maybe Crozier or with any luck Couch will be named for Round 13.

Looking to upgrade Magner to a premium mid. I was originally planning on Cotchin but would Priddis be the better option (~$95k price difference between the two).

Cotchin 482k, Avg 105 (has round 13 bye)
Priddis 388k, Avg 95 (not including injury round), plus will avoid (for me) a donut. (round 11 bye)

Therefore if you do the math they are almost the same (if you can avoid a 0), but pridds is 96k cheaper.

Okay ive settled on 2 trades this week, in the hope that a C/F plays in R13 and i have my eyes on a few who will be close or should play. If this isnt to occur than Jamie Elliot will be the man at 140k as a normal forward or anyone else that is cheap and plays R13,

Trades:
Hunt > S.Shaw (over Darley for money purposes)
Horsely > Gibson (would like to be confident that he plays R13 aswell but just have to take the risk)

R12: No zero's

Then week after:
Morris > Waters (Or R11 or R12 back rookie and bring in another premium forward like ROK for Zaka)
Zaka > C/F or straight forward rookie like Elliott playing R13
Saad > Beams

R13: One zero

Leaves me with 2 trades and this team for the last 10 rounds and ~270k

Goddard, Deledio, Waters, Birchall, Broughton, Enright, Lake (Hargrave, S.Shaw)

Watson, Stanton, Ablett, Boyd, Griffen, JMAC (C/F, Gibson)

Maric, Giles (O, Redden)

Beams, Sidebottom, Franklin, Dangerfield, Robinson, Hale, Zorko (Treloar, Dickson)

With the 2 remaining trades ill be looking closely at a premium midfielder with that 270k whether it be ST, Selwood, Cotchin, Pendles ect (Swan will be out of the radar money wise).

Just Clarke -> Shaw this week, will get on board Gibson next week for Pfeifer, which will give me ~$400,000 to play with

Okay ive settled on 2 trades this week, in the hope that a C/F plays in R13 and i have my eyes on a few who will be close or should play. If this isnt to occur than Jamie Elliot will be the man at 140k as a normal forward or anyone else that is cheap and plays R13,

Trades:
Horsely > Gibson (would like to be confident that he plays R13 aswell but just have to take the risk)

Then week after:
Morris > Waters (Or R11 or R12 back rookie and bring in another premium forward like ROK for Zaka)
Saad > Beams

Maric, Giles (O, Redden)

Beams, Sidebottom, Franklin, Dangerfield, Robinson, Hale, Zorko (Treloar, Dickson)

With the 2 remaining trades ill be looking closely at a premium midfielder with that 270k whether it be ST, Selwood, Cotchin, Pendles ect (Swan will be out of the radar money wise).

OMFG! :eek:

Trades:

Then week after:
Saad > Beams

Maric, Giles (O, Redden)

With so few trades it seem bizarre that you are trading in waters. I know Lake and Hargrave are hardly ideal but it seems that with Morris having good Job Security post round 13 there would be better places to use the money and trade

23 trades later, and arguably you won't even have a complete team by then (Hale F6, Zorko F7). Good depth on most of the benches though.

Personally I wouldnt do the Morris to Waters trade, I would conserve that extra trade and run Hargrave/Shaw/Morris as D7.

With so few trades it seem bizarre that you are trading in waters. I know Lake and Hargrave are hardly ideal but it seems that with Morris having good Job Security post round 13 there would be better places to use the money and trade

Exactly. The only trade he should even be considering this week is Zaha>Gibson and keep 5 trades + 350k in the bank for LTI's. It's not like he doesn't have a half decent team already. Hargrave is perfectly fine as a B6/B7, could average 85+ in the second half of the season for all we know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have 7 left, an I'm super worried about my lack of trades!!! :eek:

If I make the 3 trades I plan on making this week, I'll be down to 8 myself. 1 trade next week (Ellis>premium) which will leave me with 7 post bye trades and 21 premiums* in my starting 22. Not ideal but will keep me interested in DT for the next 11 weeks.

I copped a lot of s**t on here for burning a heap of early trades, (mostly fix it trades for my poor Rd 1 selections and trading out injured players) but I can't believe how many people here will be completely out of trades by Rd 15/16. These MBR's are making people do some really stupid trades just to avoid doughnuts and all for a few extra points! If I had gone ahead with my 3 doughnut saving trades last week, I only would have been 135 points better off and ranked 12k instead of 16k overall. Hardly worth it when the weekly winner went from 90k to 1k in the same round. I copped my 4 doughnuts and 2 vesting's last week, yet still had a weekly ranking of 16k. People seem to think that they are the only ones who are going to cop multiple 0's if they don't trade during a bye round. :confused:

LOL I think I just talked myself out of making a couple of trades this week. :p

Looking forward to having enough trades left to bring in Carrazzo, Murphy, Fyfe, Goodes etc later in the season for maxed out rookie prices. :thumbsu:

Looking for a good Sandi downgrade to spread that cash around.
Currently thinking Sandi --> James Sellar (preferred looks to be getting a consistent game) or Jenkins from adelaide ...problem with these two is they arent bottom priced options so i could get another 100K from the trade. I need a playing ruck in rnd 13 which presents another problem.

For rookie rucks is Pattinson from the hawks the only option?

This is my team for Round 12

Deledio, Goddard, Birchall, Hargrave, Bugg, Morris, Darley (Broughton, Clarke)

Boyd (c), Ebert, Ablett, Magner, Shiel, Zorko (Swan, Pendles)

Cox, Giles (Redden, Hall)

Franklin, Robinson, Dangerfield, Martin, Zaharakis, Adams, Sexton (Sidebottom, Stevie J)

I've decided to go

Clarke > Adcock

Magner > Redden

Morris > Shaw

Which gives me $36,500 in the bank, then next week I'll go

Shiel > Gibson

Zaharakis > Beams (most probably)

I know Morris has good J/S but I wanna cover his donut for next week, then after that I'll strengthen up my backs and forwards

Looking for a good Sandi downgrade to spread that cash around.
Currently thinking Sandi --> James Sellar (preferred looks to be getting a consistent game) or Jenkins from adelaide ...problem with these two is they arent bottom priced options so i could get another 100K from the trade. I need a playing ruck in rnd 13 which presents another problem.

For rookie rucks is Pattinson from the hawks the only option?

Yes, though Lowden and Grimley should also be close to basement price. Though they have a round 13 bye ...

Cotchin 482k, Avg 105 (has round 13 bye)
Priddis 388k, Avg 95 (not including injury round), plus will avoid (for me) a donut. (round 11 bye)

Therefore if you do the math they are almost the same (if you can avoid a 0), but pridds is 96k cheaper.

I went with Priddis. I figured the extra $96k will be useful come Finals time when I'll need to upgrade to a few premium forwards.

I have 8 trades remaining, so I think I'll keep ~2 in the bank just in case of injuries, 2-3 downgrade targets, and then I'll be able to hopefully use 3 trades on upgrading premium defenders and forwards.

Looking forward to having enough trades left to bring in Carrazzo, Murphy, Fyfe, Goodes etc later in the season for maxed out rookie prices. :thumbsu:

You are a fair way behind the people that have used their trades effectively and have complete/almost complete teams atm. I don't need upgrades late in the season, much better to do them now :)

Carrazzo and Scotland both back in for the Blues this week, Bootsma out. I'm sure that will affect a few peoples thinkings

Current team:

B: Deledio, Goddard, Birchall, Hargrave, Morris, Waters, Bootsma (Clarke, Shaw)
M: Ablett, Cotchin, Thompson, Zorko, Sexton, Swan (Selwood, Pendlebury)
R: Maric, Giles (Orren, Redden)
F: Franklin, Dangerfield, Martin, Treloar, Adams, Johnson, Beams (Sidebottom, Zaharakis)

5 zeros. Potentially more if Adams/Treloar/Sexton get dropped ("rested").

Bootsma being dropped means I can't go:

Morris > S.Shaw
Hargrave > Adcock
Giles > Goldstein

like I had intended (not enough cash). Carrazzo being named though means I might just stick with Hargrave for now and bring in Carrots in round 14 when his price has flatlined.

So trades will be:

Bootsma > S.Shaw
Giles > Goldstein

Down to 4 zeros hopefully. 4 trades and 28k left.

Anybody now when the teams will be up this week? Like many others I want to trade in S.Shaw, but only of he's playing.

(Thought I'd wait till Friday, but just realised that Clarke will be locked out come Thursday night, so need to make my decision before then)

Anybody now when the teams will be up this week? Like many others I want to trade in S.Shaw, but only of he's playing.

(Thought I'd wait till Friday, but just realised that Clarke will be locked out come Thursday night, so need to make my decision before then)

Usual time of 6:25pm on Thursday (4:25pm in WA). Only reason WC - Carlton are up early is because of the Thursday game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back