Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Butters this week (seeya Worpel and keep MacRae), get Bray next week. It'll help you our a little bit for Round 15 (by switching worpel Rd14 Bye to Butters Rd15 Bye - giving an extra week and keeping MacRae in this week, which is week you can afford to have him missing, but keeps you in the mix for the next three rounds if you find you need him).

McRae? Haha think this is the second time you've thought I have him when I don't.

Yeah this is where my head starts to hurt.

Butters in Rd 12, plays 12, 13, 14 not 15 = 3 played
Brayshaw in Rd 13, plays 13, 14, 15 = 3 played
= 6 games but one less playing in 15

Brayshaw in Rd 12, plays 13, 14, 15, not 12 = 3 played
Sinclair in Rd 13, played 13, 14, 15 = 3 played
= 6 games but one more playing in 15

Currently 23 playing in Rd 12, would be 24 with Butters (meaning one less rookie counts so maybe ~ +30-40 points).
Currently 17 playing in Rd 15 (assuming no McAndrew or Drury), would still be 18 if Bray and Sinc the two trade ins, still 17 if it's Butters + Bray.

It doesn't feel like it adds enough extra points getting Butters this week? Unless he goes massive of course.
He is going to push out a 40-70 scorer surely? I just updated previous post btw

He is going to push out a 40-70 scorer surely? I just updated previous post btw

Yeah your update has me more confused lol. Did you mean Ashcroft not Mcrae?

Butters this week? Sure, but he could easily just score 90-100, so if he pushes out a 60 is that 30-40 point upside really worth it over the extra premo I'm getting who will play in Rd 15?

Why would you get Oliver in round 13 before his bye?
Not saying YOU would, but is likely available and your Byes may be better for it - everyone is different

Oliver returns Round 13.

Try the highest on you don't have from column 14. It's the current top 30 by average, split into playing which bye rounds
View attachment 1702367
Also to add, all the round 14 options (Walsh Bont Kelly Cogs) have the round 15 bye hence the conundrum

Serong is one you could do but think
I’d rather go Jacko if Darcy is still out. Make some coin then go him to a better premo in round 16

Yeah your update has me more confused lol.

Butters this week? Sure, but he could easily just score 90-100, so if he pushes out a 60 is that 30-40 point upside really worth it over the extra premo I'm getting who will play in Rd 15?
But you would still get Bray next week, when he can play - he won't play this week meaning you pull a lower score in. You'll be better off this week and Rnd 14 and have more time to get that Rnd 15 available premo in the list I posted for Kozi

Who should I prioritize for my last trade out this week?
S Ryan, Worpel, Atkins or Ashcroft?
Really depends on your Bye balance - you have one from each Bye round there I think:tearsofjoy:

But you would still get Bray next week, when he can play - he won't play this week meaning you pull a lower score in. You'll be better off this week and Rnd 14 and have more time to get that Rnd 15 available premo in the list I posted for Kozi

Sure but I have 23 playing this week so I have essentially 6 chances (18th counted score + 5 scores discounted) to get as close to matching Butters as possible, you would hope someone can get within 30-40 of him. In Round 15 I don't even have 18 playing so a Brayshaw score there (plus whichever Rd 12 I get next week) is almost entirely upside.

Not saying YOU would, but is likely available and your Byes may be better for it - everyone is different
Would have to be in a real bind to be grabbing Oliver fresh off a hammy the week before his bye. I think giving him a game then getting him round 15 after his bye is too clear cut of a call regardless of how teams are set up

Sure but I have 23 playing this week so I have essentially 6 chances (18th counted score + 5 scores discounted) to get as close to matching Butters as possible, you would hope someone can get within 30-40 of him. In Round 15 I don't even have 18 playing so a Brayshaw score there (plus whichever Rd 12 I get next week) is almost entirely upside.
Butters is playing the Hawks in Adelaide, Hawks give up the 2nd highest scores in the midfield - you think Butters is going a lazy 80-90. Sure he could, it's not impossible - but his recent form indicates he's found something more, his CBA's are good - the down side is I've traded him in too:tearsofjoy: for Worpel for the exact reasons I've shared. He makes Rnd12 better, is also there for 13, 14, and by using Worpel not Ashcroft (sorry I was saying MacRae and it should be Ashcroft) I have Ashcroft still for Round 15 perhaps unless Ive traded him also somehow for reasons yet to be seen.

Last edited:
Would have to be in a real bind to be grabbing Oliver fresh off a hammy the week before his bye. I think giving him a game then getting him round 15 after his bye is too clear cut of a call regardless of how teams are set up
Yeah maybe, I've held him though, so next week get a nice hit of upgrades. and again Rnd 15 which is still a pretty tricky bye week for me

Butters is playing the Hawks in Adelaide, Hawks give up the 2nd highest scores in the midfield - you think Butters is going a lazy 80-90. Sure he could, it's not impossible - but his recent form indicates he's found something more, his CBA's are good - the down side is I've traded him in too for Worpel for the exact reasons I've shared. He makes Rnd this round better, is there for 13, 14, and by using Worpel not Ashcroft (sorry I was saying MacRae and it should be Ashcroft) I have Ashcroft still for Round 15 perhaps unless Ive traded him also somehow for reasons yet to be seen.

I'd like that if Ashcroft was playing at home in Rd 15. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who should I prioritize for my last trade out this week?
S Ryan, Worpel, Atkins or Ashcroft?
As Phar Ace said depends on strategy
Ryan good R2 for Marshall this week but bleeding cash at FF
I’m trading Worpel due to BE and match ups coming
Holding Atkins with no confidence. JS & BE becoming awful
Holding Ashcroft with favourable run coming
Worpel then Ryan/Atkins then Ashcroft.

Rolling with this atm, but thinking waiting on Stewart til after his bye, and jumping on Hobbs/Greenwood to use as a stepping stone at their byes.
Thoughts on this, and who would be best to take on? Or should I fade both and just take Stewart now? Screenshot_20230602_103000_com.fanhub.AFLFantasy_edit_3587042998754217.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like that if Ashcroft was playing at home in Rd 15. :p
Annoying that he’s got us then Eagles both at the Gabba in rounds 16 & 17. Would have liked those in 14,15 then piss him off coming out of the byes

Those who aren’t trading this week (or traded him already) pretty much have to hold him all the way until after round 17. Go well son

McRae? Haha think this is the second time you've thought I have him when I don't.
Soz, meant Ashcroft, got son of a Lion on the brain.

As Phar Ace said depends on strategy
Ryan good R2 for Marshall this week but bleeding cash at FF
I’m trading Worpel due to BE and match ups coming
Holding Atkins with no confidence. JS & BE becoming awful
Holding Ashcroft with favourable run coming
Worpel then Ryan/Atkins then Ashcroft.
Yeah I agree, Ryan handy cover but yeah gotta be ok with losing some cash. Worpel be seems beyond him now and yeah matchups. I like the idea of upgrading Worpel but do you reckon Greenwood or Hobbs good options?

Selection gone real well.

Pre-trades I have 21 playing, 6 'regulars' on their bye, and then Chesser/Uwland EMGs and Heath as a perma red dot. 5 on next week's bye, 7 on week 3's bye (Mitchell, Pedlar, JVR clear trade out options then, maybe Day), and 9 on the final bye (Cincotta the only clear trade out option, with Wardlaw, Ziebell, Sheezel potentials). Cognisant that my final bye players are heavily fwd/mid-stacked, esp if Cincotta/Ziebell/Sheezel are traded.

Still no idea what I'm going to do, any advice would be great. 159k left over Broad thoughts:

In the gun:
Fiorini - I think with his BE and matchup, he's got to go
Sinclair - He's been annoying me, and while he took over the GWS game, aside from that, he hasn't looked near the fantasy player
Uwland/Chesser - just as red dot cleanups
Ashcroft/Wilmot - as 'rookies' on their bye, but to me offer some value as bye cover throughout given I'm already strong this week.
Atkins - breakeven game no longer in his favour
English - simply because of bye reasons & to play the breakeven game with Briggs - but vs PA & NTH after this week is sexy.

Potential Targets:
I'm very eager to leave the byes stronger than I entered, and figure the best way to do that is either pick up blokes who've bottomed out and might be worth keeping longer than the bye, or blokes that will be a quick cash grab. But probably value the former a touch higher

Yeo - Cheaper than he started, and he was a lock then. And had the CBA role on the weekend.

Greenwood/Hobbs/Bruhn - a cash grab, but not sure how long he'll have the role for

Ridley - Breakeven game/low risk.

Salem - punt on him returning to his best

Angus Brayshaw - looked like he was getting back to his best, and can't see how he doesn't play mids this week with how their team has been selected

Darcy Cameron - purely on 'priced low, and could be a keeper' logic. Can cover Marshall/English's byes while being a forward. And good matchup this week.

Blicavs - ok price, good bye, covers ruck. Concern for me is that he's had the role this year and hasn't got near his previous scoring.

De Goey/Redman - good matchup, handy bye, not too spenny.

Briggs - He looks good, and the cash gen is clearly there. But if I do it I don't want him sitting on my bench, so probably means English down.

Jordan Boyd - I think he's got good traits, and they seem to like him. Given his run/kicking, I can see him distributing a bit more. But it's a punt.

Stengle - good bye, and 186k down on last year. If he makes up 2/3 of that it's probably a good buy.

Eddie Ford - actually looks good. Which is a start. And if he can go at 60-65 on a wing, maybe it's not too bad?

Bazzo - potentially the one I like the most, J/S seems higher, averaged 48 last year in year 1, and priced down because of sub games, but 50 last week, I'd hope he's good for 50 from here.

O'Donnell/Harrison - purely as a cheap green dot

Mullin - I do not want to do this purely as I know I'll be looking for downgrades approaching R14, and if he's there it'll help. And if he's not, I'll have dodged a bullet.

Or, could just trade in a Serong/Andy Brayshaw or even Matt Johnson type in advance to help set up my byes.

----

Gun to my head now, this is probably what I'd be doing

Fiorini to Yeo (+58k)
Chesser/Uwland to Bazzo (-19k)
Pedlar to Darcy Cameron (-175k)

23k left over for next week, where I'll probably look to find the cash to turn Sheezel into Serong or Brayshaw.

Yeah I agree, Ryan handy cover but yeah gotta be ok with losing some cash. Worpel be seems beyond him now and yeah matchups. I like the idea of upgrading Worpel but do you reckon Greenwood or Hobbs good options?
My plan is to get Worpel >Laird. Already have Hobbs.
Greenwood is better cash grab with extra round. Comes with more risk.
Depends on how your trades are spaced for 14/15.

My plan is to get Worpel >Laird. Already have Hobbs.
Greenwood is better cash grab with extra round. Comes with more risk.
Depends on how your trades are spaced for 14/15.
Nice! Yeah Greenwood cheaper. Atm Im doing Cowan to Mullin
Fiorini to Laird
Worpel to DeGoey, Hobbs or Greenwood
JDG or Hobbs better for my bye structures but could trade Greenwood after rd 14 to make some cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back