Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 24 available - too many for this week, could understand if it was next week. You are going to have some challenges Rnds 14 or 15
No, my mistake after a recount - 22, you haven't got all green dots on field and all blue dots off field yet. Bloody untidy bastard:tearsofjoy:

trades done for the week.... Ive got 250k ITB. Enough to go Merret over JDG.

just second guessing the merret move as it uses all my cash for next week
change my mind !!!

1685698185734.png

No, my mistake after a recount - 22, you haven't got all green dots on field and all blue dots off field yet. Bloody untidy bastard:tearsofjoy:

Only wardlaw on the bench who is actually playing (Seamus out)

So it’s 20 this week before final 2 trades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1702704

Final trades for this week. Taking the punt on Harrison and hoping he gets the next two weeks at least and scores ok. His scores will likely drop off but gives me another heartbeat. Considered Wilmot - Greenwood as well but just not sure he'll keep the role for much longer and the Round 15 bye is a killer.

Gives me the cash to target Young down back next week.
More I think about it, and from reading the comments here, Harrison seems too risky. Just no rookies.

Still need to make my byes better though. Wilmot to Greenwood gets some cash in over the few weeks but means another Round 15 bye player.

I could do Worpel to T.Stewart. Gets me another Round 13 bye player in and finishes my backline. Would leave my midfield looking shocking though.

At least he's named (or will be) in the 22 but I don't think he'll last long.
Mackenzie rested again, Ned Long stiff to not be named after last week's VFL numbers.

Yeah I flipped baxk to Fahey, think he has more long term potential.

Well with Walsh putting up a stinker tonight I may be forced to trade Sic to get a bigger score as a replacement. Traded in Ford initially so that will be reversed, Wilmot benched.

Sic to someone like a Duggan or Redman

1685722647303.png

Settled on this for now, with 238k banked for next week.

Considered mid pricers Cameron & Yeo, but decided against it given the breakeven game isn't in their favour yet, so there's a double risk.

Very nearly went Keays, but Hinge/Smith in for Worrell & McHenry suggests someone goes forward to replace McHenry. And Keays left the midfield for a reason.

Hobbs the other main consideration, but just can't do it knowing the role will soon finish up.

Ford passes the eye test. Minor concern with Shiels & Tucker back perhaps meaning they'll take the wing and he'll return to deep forward, but I'm hoping what he's shown is enough to keep it.

And have wanted out of Ziebell for a long time. Bad bye for me (as a premo), durability a concern, and won't get any more expensive from here. Beaten his breakeven once all year. Wanted Dawson in v GC this week and then v WCE next week.

--

Only questions now are whether I bank that cash for next week to get a premo, or put it on Ford's head to get Hobbs/Keays/Yeo or on Greenwood's head to get De Goey or Redman. 21 this week, but really 20 - as won't be taking Cincotta's score.

View attachment 1703086

Settled on this for now, with 238k banked for next week.

Considered mid pricers Cameron & Yeo, but decided against it given the breakeven game isn't in their favour yet, so there's a double risk.

Very nearly went Keays, but Hinge/Smith in for Worrell & McHenry suggests someone goes forward to replace McHenry. And Keays left the midfield for a reason.

Hobbs the other main consideration, but just can't do it knowing the role will soon finish up.

Ford passes the eye test. Minor concern with Shiels & Tucker back perhaps meaning they'll take the wing and he'll return to deep forward, but I'm hoping what he's shown is enough to keep it.

And have wanted out of Ziebell for a long time. Bad bye for me (as a premo), durability a concern, and won't get any more expensive from here. Beaten his breakeven once all year. Wanted Dawson in v GC this week and then v WCE next week.

--

Only questions now are whether I bank that cash for next week to get a premo, or put it on Ford's head to get Hobbs/Keays/Yeo or on Greenwood's head to get De Goey or Redman. 21 this week, but really 20 - as won't be taking Cincotta's score.
I don't agree on trading out Ziebell. Breakevens are irrelevant for keepers and I think Ziebell can be considered a keeper.

Last edited:
I don't agree on trading out Ziebell. Breakevens are irrelevant for keepers and I think Ziebell can be considered a keeper.

I probably would have needed to trade out a round 15 premium anyway, and I’ve been keen to flick him since that 168 - I don’t trust him. It’s just a durability thing. So if I’m going to do it, might as well do it at his highest price before an injury.

What would you recommend if not that, with that trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably would have needed to trade out a round 15 premium anyway, and I’ve been keen to flick him since that 168 - I don’t trust him. It’s just a durability thing. So if I’m going to do it, might as well do it at his highest price before an injury.

What would you recommend if not that, with that trade?
maybe bring in a Greenwood or something or a Darcy Cameron. Greenwood has the round 15 bye yes but he is also someone that you can trade out in round 15. The problem with round 15 is that most of the people in that round are premiums and are not worth trading.

tradess.jpg

Straight bat. Anyone who is topped out in price is gone. And in comes either uber premos or cash gen.

I had Darcy Cameron in instead of Humphrey but that blocks me from getting an uber next week.

300k ITB to get 3 bench scrubs to Brayshaw next week

I am still tossing up between my last two trades

Ginbey and Fiorini to Greenwood and Hobbs (~200k bank)
or

Ginbey and Fiorini to Greenwood/Hobbs and Mullin (530-600k bank)

Is that too much coin to carry into next week?

maybe bring in a Greenwood or something or a Darcy Cameron. Greenwood has the round 15 bye yes but he is also someone that you can trade out in round 15. The problem with round 15 is that most of the people in that round are premiums and are not worth trading.

Yeah, you've convinced me. Better to take fliers on these blokes who at worst can be traded out again in a week/two/three for blokes off their bye.

1685763749706.png

Gone with Keays given the above post. Why not. Can change that to Darcy Cameron/Hobbs/Yeo if I want over the next few hours. Or change Ford to one of them (not Cameron). Or Pedlar to Wilmot (but wouldn't be able to field Pedlar unless one of the incoming blokes was Cameron, so probably pointless).

223k banked for next week. Should be able to get Atkins to Serong or something.

I am still tossing up between my last two trades

Ginbey and Fiorini to Greenwood and Hobbs (~200k bank)
or

Ginbey and Fiorini to Greenwood/Hobbs and Mullin (530-600k bank)

Is that too much coin to carry into next week?

Do the former. If Mullin isn't facilitating cash you need immediately, best to wait 2 more weeks and get him if he's selected off his bye.

Bugger it. Wilmot to Keays. Final trades for the week.

View attachment 1703347

So hard to do it off one week when the rest have been 50s and 60s. At least Greenwood has a decent 3 weeks behind him with a solid role

I reckon I’ll be happy to pay 600 next week for Keays to have another look this week. Can be a 100+ guy with full time midfield and is still down nearly 300k.

Do the former. If Mullin isn't facilitating cash you need immediately, best to wait 2 more weeks and get him if he's selected off his bye.
Would be cash to make sure I can bring in Brayshaw next week. But 200K I can get Worpel up and then get other cash through downgrades

Illness, so you'd assume he'll be back next week and with the way the team are playing right now, you'd assume automatic inclusion.

Rumour has it the Hawks have requested a do-over of the mid season draft, requesting all the players that other clubs took at the draft.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back