Preview Round 12- VFL/AFL Founding Member Essendon Bombers vs Relative Newcomer North Melbourne Kangaroos - Sunday, June 4th - 4:40 pm

Surely they can't beat us can they?

• Hell No

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No Way

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Not Gonna Happen

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Stringer will annoy the s**t out of them

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walla's fine. Some people just have that kind of body. Also, prior to this year, Stringer was playing his best footy in 2020 post-lockdown but pre-ankle injury and he had a gut on him.

Some guys should just be exempt from skinfolds tbh. That or we just get rid of them altogether and become like the AFLW where there's a real diversity in body shapes and sizes.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Need more dad bods out there, so I can feel more represented. ;)

before we fat shame people on this board we have a rule that you have to post photos of yourself, so let’s have it you fat campaigner
Ok

images (12).jpeg

Tippa's carrying a few to many kg's.

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Kelly, Stewart, Wright, Jones
ESSENDON INS: Weideman, Shiel, Hobbs

NORF OUTS: Davies-Uniacke, Horne-Francis, Anderson, Powell, Turner, Dawson, Bonar, Lazzaro, Archer, Walker
NORF INS: Ford, Shiels, Sheezel, Tucker, Bergman, Logue, Wardlaw, Hall, Phillips, Thomas

Hope you guys boo the s**t out of Thomas. North are a disgrace
shocked ron burgundy GIF

Huge 2 weeks for us

A chance to get a home final let alone a final with the results the way they are. Cats beating dogs, Suns beating crows and the saints slowly falling off a cliff

If were 8-5 with the run home then it will be our best chance to set ourselves up to win a final

From memory Tippa historically plays well against North. This could have been the game that got him going.

From memory Tippa historically plays well against North. This could have been the game that got him going.

We play them again later in the year. That can be the game that gets him going after he gets a better fitness base AND does a bit of onfield coaching for Munkara!

It is interesting that in the AFL we are a bit obsessed with how fat blokes look. In the NRL there are super stars like Latrell Mitchell who always look like they are 2 or 3 kg over weight. Now I know people will say a slightly different game fitness wise which it is but we are not really asking Walla to play midfield. He is just on a long path back to somewhere near where he was.
Totally different physical requirement

Go to the Olympics and find some overweight 1500m champions

Totally different physical requirement

Go to the Olympics and find some overweight 1500m champions
Burst forward has a similar physical requirement. Have played both games at a junior level . The requirements are not as far apart other than the NRL does not require you to run 12 - 14km pretty much non stop as a midfielder. It is more repeat shuttle runs. Just out of interest I was a very good 3000 - 10000 runner as a young bloke but I was around 80 - 85 kg. Mentioning 1500 meter Olympians is not relevant as they do not have to dodge tackles or win a hard ball. They run. They do not need as much physical strength. Most have different body types as well. My point with Walla is he can be a little over weight and be effective. Right now it is not the extra couple of kg. It is the lack of fitness base and the workload he has had to do catching up with him. They currently have Stringer on more of a power program rather than running massive km as they want him to have a powerful burst and strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play them again later in the year. That can be the game that gets him going after he gets a better fitness base AND does a bit of onfield coaching for Munkara!
I think confidence brings motivation. And he loves playing North.
Better now than later. We missed an opportunity today not naming him.

Huge game of Sunday footy next week, let's get this one out of the way first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back