VFL Round 13, 2018: Port Melbourne v Sandringham - North Port Oval, Saturday 30th June, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

In other words;
Let me twist some stats to suit my argument.

Hahaha yeh let’s hope Billy can strive to the greatness of TOM BELLCHAMBERS.

Fact is Billy can never get the ball, Hickey can. There is more chance Hickey combining both assets than there is Billy.
Would rather Tom in the team everyday of the week.
You got to be joking aren’t you? Hickey gets bullied by more than half of the ruckmen out there, because he is not strong/aggressive enough. A ruckman actually have 4. jobs 1. win the tap out to your team’s advantage 2. protect your teammates at clearance/centr bounces, 3. when get the ball, hand ball to your mids 4. Mark the ball.

Hickey
1. Poor
2. Poor
3. ok
4. ok

Billy
1. Good, he more than broke even with most opponents last year, something Hickey can’t do.
2. Good, his physically and aggression helps the mids to win ball/protect ball
3. He doesn’t get as many disposals, but do you really want a ruckman to handball/kick a ball?
4. Poor, his marking is s**t.

So, Hickey’s built/physicality/aggression will never be strong enough for a dominant AFL ruck, he used to play volley ball as a junior. Not saying Longer is brilliant, he is also limited as a ruckmen because his around the ground work is poor. But we’re picking a ruckman, not a mid. so, counting on disposal numbers alone is missing the point. The fact that last year our contested ball numbers and clearance numbers are so much better (Billy) than this year (Hickey) has to tell you something about the effectiveness of each player to the midfield.

If its been done to death why bang on about it so hard?
Cause Hickey played a best on ground performance today so was saying why I thought he should be in the side, Brut wanted to talk longer so I did.
Sorry for talking about it, will run it past you next time.

You got to be joking aren’t you? Hickey gets bullied by more than half of the ruckmen out there, because he is not strong/aggressive enough. A ruckman actually have 4. jobs 1. win the tap out to your team’s advantage 2. protect your teammates at clearance/centr bounces, 3. when get the ball, hand ball to your mids 4. Mark the ball.

Hickey
1. Poor
2. Poor
3. ok
4. ok

Billy
1. Good, he more than broke even with most opponents last year, something Hickey can’t do.
2. Good, his physically and aggression helps the mids to win ball/protect ball
3. He doesn’t get as many disposals, but do you really want a ruckman to handball/kick a ball?
4. Poor, his marking is s**t.

So, Hickey’s built/physicality/aggression will never be strong enough for a dominant AFL ruck, he used to play volley ball as a junior. Not saying Longer is brilliant, he is also limited as a ruckmen because his around the ground work is poor. But we’re picking a ruckman, not a mid. so, counting on disposal numbers alone is missing the point. The fact that last year our contested ball numbers and clearance numbers are so much better (Billy) than this year (Hickey) has to tell you something about the effectiveness of each player to the midfield.
Hahaha I literally have no idea what the * you’re on about.

Cause Hickey played a best on ground performance today so was saying why I thought he should be in the side, Brut wanted to talk longer so I did.
Sorry for talking about it, will run it past you next time.
ROFL. BOG against who?

Its an open forum where everyone is allowed have an opinion. Driving your own opinion harder doesn't make it any more right than anyone elses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter where you stand on our rucks, the pressure has certainly been put back on Billy by this performance which can't be a bad thing. If Billy has a poor game he'll have to make way as Hickey is absolutely dominating the VFL at the moment.

No matter where you stand on our rucks, the pressure has certainly been put back on Billy by this performance which can't be a bad thing. If Billy has a poor game he'll have to make way as Hickey is absolutely dominating the VFL at the moment.
Yep. For Billy, it's very much a case now of Beat Gawn Or Be Gawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back