Preview Round 13, 2020 vs Hawthorn - Chad is coming to town

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately, it’s much simpler than that. It was universally agreed/recognised that Chad doesn’t care for the sport. It’s baffling that extremely intelligent people can’t draw the line between that and how his career is panning out.

I always believed he would eventually take a leaf out of Lebron's book and become the consummate professional. In my mind he was going to be this era's Jason Akermanis (with less dickhead factor).

What a glorious day to be championing the club's treatment of Chad on the back of his supposed lack of professionalism.

Ha.

Did you actually conceive the thought that the club should not have held Wingard accountable for lack of professionalism in anticipation of a couple of players acting like horny teenagers in the midst of a global pandemic?

Player X doesn’t meet standards, held accountable

Players Y and Z breach standards, will be held accountable

How are these contrasting concepts?

Last edited:
What a glorious day to be championing the club's treatment of Chad on the back of his supposed lack of professionalism.

Ha.

4c2btj.jpg

Did you actually conceive the thought that the club should not have held Wingard accountable for lack of professionalism in anticipation of a couple of players acting like horny teenagers in the midst of a global pandemic?

Player X doesn’t meet standards, held accountable

Players Y and Z breach standards, will be held accountable

How are these contrasting concepts?

The point is, Chad's far from the only player who doesn't live up to the ideal standards of professionalism. And just imagine how much happens that we don't even hear about. He was a scapegoat for the club's wider failures

The point is, Chad's far from the only player who doesn't live up to the ideal standards of professionalism. And just imagine how much happens that we don't even hear about. He was a scapegoat for the club's wider failures

Carn, the purge of the flakes went further than that:

Gerald Polec - still tracking down Jake Stringer on the AO wing

Jasper Pittard - nuff said

Dougal Howard - now this is actually a good test case. Reportedly refused to play as a ‘front shoulder’ defender. Our system asks our defenders to play back shoulder. He doesn’t get with the program so gets shipped out. Is a coaching group entitled to implement a system or does everything defer to talent? A team doesn’t consist of 22 blokes playing independently of one another. Personally I admire the cajones to back that vision, I expect that we will disagree on that, and that’s fine.

Similarly, I simply cannot buy that significant attempts to nurture Chad weren’t made. These guys aren’t insane. He ain’t about this life

Last edited:
Carn, the purge of the flakes went further than that:

Gerald Polec - still tracking down Jake Stringer on the AO wing

Jasper Pittard - nuff said

Dougal Howard - now this is actually a good test case. Reportedly refused to play as a ‘front shoulder’ defender. Our system asks our defenders to play back shoulder. He doesn’t get with the program so gets shipped out. Is a coaching group entitled to implement a system or does everything defer to talent? A team doesn’t consist of 22 blokes playing independently of one another. Personally I admire the cajones to back that vision, I expect that we will disagree on that, and that’s fine.

Similarly, I simply cannot buy that significant attempts to nurture Chad weren’t made. These guys aren’t insane. He ain’t about this life

All of the examples you've used are based on actual on field exploits. Chad could certainly be accused of being an underachiever, but even in his 'down' years he was still easily among our best players (only finished lower than 8th in the B&F once - and that was only because he missed a chunk of footy in 2016 with recurrent hamstring injuries). The decision to trade Chad was based on off field standards - that has been well established on this forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the examples you've used are based on actual on field exploits. Chad could certainly be accused of being an underachiever, but even in his 'down' years he was still easily among our best players (only finished lower than 8th in the B&F once - and that was only because he missed a chunk of footy in 2016 with recurrent hamstring injuries). The decision to trade Chad was based on off field standards - that has been well established on this forum.
What's your take on Gerald Polec?

Melts all round.

X and Farrell miss based on form, but then brings in Bonner and Westhoff

Motlop must be laughing on his way home from training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back