Autopsy Round 13, 2022: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is a troll. Only comes on after losses. Disregard.
Hill can be critisised was ordinary, but had plenty of mates.

Not saying he wasn't down. Just a very easy target.
Especially when the opposition put time to make sure he can't impact the game.
Problem was we didn't have someone to step up in his place.
Too many had little influence and the injuries were to blokes who were having a positive impact in that first half.

That's great. Lets see him put that together over multiple weeks before we give a guy who's been mediocre for 8 years a free pass back into the side.
He may only ever be an average footballer but still deserves a game in that side.

Not really a free pass when you are best on and your side plays like that though

Can't see him not getting a game next week.

Players like Wood and Long may just be lucky that we have a few injuries and they can keep their spot as well.

You’re right, there’s no need to make excuses because he’s been excellent all year and had one bad game. Almost any other player it’s accepted that it happens some times.
How often do you expect your highest paid player - on a wing - to get nary a dozen disposals on a dry deck, half of them in the last quarter?

He may only ever be an average footballer but still deserves a game in that side.

Can't see him not getting a game next week.

Players like Wood and Long may just be lucky that we have a few injuries and they can keep their spot as well.
Billings probably lucky we have injuries too, don't think he deserves it next week. Anyway I don't care too much, we had nobody on the bench for a quarter, it would've been our best performance all year to win that.

I think one of the biggest issues tonight wasn't in the performance, but when Higgins kicked that goal in the 3rd and not one single Saints player celebrated with him.

Reminded me of earlier in the year when Higgins kicked a goal when we were down against a team (can't remember who) and nobody gave a s**t about that either.

If I was Ratten, I'd be pointing to both of those moments and saying that it simply isn't good enough.
I and others have mentioned previous weeks that we are such a momentum side when it's going our way and is some of the best saints footy we have seen in years, without the momentum though we look like a team of individuals. Half our wins have been on the back of massive goal streaks.

Billings probably lucky we have injuries too, don't think he deserves it next week. Anyway I don't care too much, we had nobody on the bench for a quarter, it would've been our best performance all year to win that.

Yeah I tend to agree that neither Billings nor Clark have really earned a game next week (from what I've seen of the twos) but imo that doesn't matter too much - they'll probably both still put in decent enough performances on their way back to form.

So need to replace Owens, McKenzie, Jones.

Billings, Lienert, Byrnes first cabs off the rank to slot in?
Highmore maybe in the conversation too.

EDIT: Oh I forgot Clark.
Think Billings has done enough to slot back in but Clark might need more time. But they might still decide he's the right choice.

Shortest injury list in the comp off a 2-week break vs a side that played 6 days prior in Perth.

Highest paid player in the list squibs it for 3 1/2 quarters and we don't try and get them space.

Everything wrong is above the shoulders. Spare me the injury talk.
Actually Brisbane have the shortest injury list in the comp.

That was the strongest 22 they could possibly put up.

So need to replace Owens, McKenzie, Jones.

Billings, Lienert, Byrnes first cabs off the rank to slot in?
Highmore maybe in the conversation too.

EDIT: Oh I forgot Clark.
Think Billings has done enough to slot back in but Clark might need more time. But they might still decide he's the right choice.

Highmore didn't play twos, is he actually fit?

IMO Lienert is a handy enough medical sub but I wouldn't particularly pick him ahead of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, this group's still developing. I don't think anyone here was expecting premiership contention at the start of the season, so I don't see why that would have suddenly changed.

I hear you, but I do think we've shown we can match with the best. This is a win-now team. And winning now to finish 6th or 7th isn't good enough - we know that.

I think one of the biggest issues tonight wasn't in the performance, but when Higgins kicked that goal in the 3rd and not one single Saints player celebrated with him.

Reminded me of earlier in the year when Higgins kicked a goal when we were down against a team (can't remember who) and nobody gave a s**t about that either.

If I was Ratten, I'd be pointing to both of those moments and saying that it simply isn't good enough.
They did with other players, I get the impression Higgins mighten be the most popular player at the club?

Not saying he wasn't down. Just a very easy target.
Especially when the opposition put time to make sure he can't impact the game.
Problem was we didn't have someone to step up in his place.
Too many had little influence and the injuries were to blokes who were having a positive impact in that first half.
Yep he has been good all year but he jumped out the way of contact tonight his work rate was shocking we need players to do it against good not just the crows and north

Highmore didn't play twos, is he actually fit?

IMO Lienert is a handy enough medical sub but I wouldn't particularly pick him ahead of others.

Wasn't he an emergency held over this week?

If Highmore isn't ready I think Lienert probably is the logical choice for that spot, or at least to retain his spot as sub.

I reckon we win this if Mitch Robinson didn't have the world worst braid rat tail looking thing. We were so distracted by how ugly that was that we couldn't hit a target all night.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back