Autopsy Round 13, 2022: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick look

Whipping boy!

They locked him down and for good reason. If he was so s**t Fagan wouldn't have out time into locking him down. Tells you a lot about how much opposition coaches rate his impact on a match.

This.

Also if we don’t win the contested ball and compete physically on the inside, we can’t expect the outside run to get in the game and carry the team.

Who ever is telling king to get too close to the man on the mark needs to be shot. Espescially on the snaps. Puts himself under way too much pressure

Special mention to Dougal Howard who gave them half their score.

Dougal Howard makes odd choices kicking the ball.

I mean thinking the odd game was badly officiated with rose coloured glasses is normal, but it's way too often and even in neutral matches. If it wasn't for an unhealthy attachment to the club id leave it behind as it's not worth getting worked up about
And Matt Stevic is supposed to be the best there is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our transition footy has gone off a cliff...

Clark, Nasiah, Billings all make good decisions and don't waste them..

Lucky Essendon are disgusting at defending transition, but gee we need to fix it up and not kick to Max 1 on 3 everytime
Billings? Not good enough for this 22 IMO

Yes, let's make excuses for the highest paid player on the list.

Sack the football department / list manager then.

Hill has had a good year so far and had a poor game tonight but if the midfield don’t fire how can we get him the ball and use his weapons?

Like saying a KPF is s**t when we don’t generate any inside 50s.

Sloppy, ugly game. With that said, the effort was there and they clearly ran out of legs with 3 players completely done and Wood unable to run in the last.

Brisbane played against King well - they blocked and scragged him all day and didn't let him jump at the ball. We still kicked it to him every time though. I don't know why we don't go to Marshall or Membrey more often.

Webster, Wilkie, Paton and Battle all very good in defence. Wood, Hill, Windy and Long contributed nothing. Owens wasn't getting near it before being subbed out either. Butler and Higgins both gave us a bit. Lienert looked slow rather than injecting pace and run which is what you want from a sub.

My early changes for next week

Out: Jones (inj), McKenzie (concussion), Owens. (concussion), Wood, Lienert, Windhager

In: Clark, Billings, Wangmil, Byrnes, Sharman

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Sinclair, Battle, Webster
C: Hill, Crouch, Wangmil
HF: Higgins, Marshall, Billings
F: Butler, King, Membrey

Foll: Ryder, Gresham, Ross
Int: Byrnes, Clark, Long, Sharman

Sub: Connolly

Crouch’s net contribution was still massively positive if you weigh that one brain fade against everything else he did. He was one of our better players on a night where there weren’t many to choose from.
Failed under pressure; our primary yardstick this season.

NWM - Clark - Sharman - Billings - Highmore can come in no reason we cant a couple

Dmac - Owens - Jones - Long - Wood

Hill has had a good year so far and had a poor game tonight but if the midfield don’t fire how can we get him the ball and use his weapons?

How about we change things up mid-match instead of week-to-week?

I'd like to see Highmore come in for Paton but I think it will be difficult with so many forced changes.

I'd expect NWM, Billings and Clark to come in for the 3 injured.

Windhager looks due for a spell at Sandy too though. Wood was awful.

Sharman was good today also

Could be plenty of changes next week.

Can handle him having a bad game but he was jumping out the way of contact

We aren't where we think we are, injuries and umpires aside.

I disagree. I think we're exactly where we think we are, which is that we should play finals and have an outside chance of finishing top 4. We're not flag contenders unless everything goes right, but we're better than 10-14 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back