Autopsy Round 14, 2021: Hawks fail against Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree with that tbh, he's on the cusp of 28 and has already lost substantial zip. He doesn't live and breath footy also according to the man himself. I'd be surprised if he played beyond 2025.
Do you really need to when someone is offering a couple of hundred K a year to play. You see it more and more these days, players chasing that extra year and staving off the inevitable.

Do we think Reeves would've done a better job though? He's taller, yeah, but Draper is a beast. Can see him moving him at stoppages quite easily. We'll never know re yesterday. But these are the challenges that lay ahead for Ned.
I don't know - I was highlighting a problem, not a solution.
I'd like to see Reeves in the side as much as possible. He can't be a fulltime ruck, but to have an absolute raw young player tag teaming with our captain seems like a great balance to me.

I don't know - I was highlighting a problem, not a solution.
I'd like to see Reeves in the side as much as possible. He can't be a fulltime ruck, but to have an absolute raw young player tag teaming with our captain seems like a great balance to me.
Don't get me wrong, I rate Ned. I just reckon the Dons bloke will be the next big thing.

I feel we are in a much better place this year than we were 12 months ago.

Found some players which I can confidently envision will not be out of place in our next premiership team.

Agree - a lot of green shoots on display, plus some talent still to come back in, and a competitive performance.

Crowd was a ripping result, you know it was first in booking gets tickets? We get 500k a game plus the gate if there is an extra game beyond the first 4 contracted, the more paying the better so brilliant result. Bit stiff in the end on ground but the guys who can’t quite play still can’t and we debuted another who either might or can.
Essendon haven't played in there in a loooooong time, of course their fans were going to show up in huge numbers compared to Hawks fans.

Really? Given * haven’t played down there in almost 30 years I fully expected to be outnumbered. Every * supporter on the island would have made the trip to see them play live whereas it was just another game for Hawthorn supporters down there (and one we were likely to lose). Don’t know why anyone would’ve expected anything different.
This, this and this.

Essendon haven't played in there in a loooooong time, of course their fans were going to show up in huge numbers compared to Hawks fans.
Yeah, that was my thought too.

its like if Richmond play a game at a rural Vic town in summer. There’s plenty of locals who will jump at the chance who never attempt to get to a game in Melbourne.

Really? Given * haven’t played down there in almost 30 years I fully expected to be outnumbered. Every * supporter on the island would have made the trip to see them play live whereas it was just another game for Hawthorn supporters down there (and one we were likely to lose). Don’t know why anyone would’ve expected anything different.

Yes, and the other thing that the anti-Tasmania brigade are forgetting is that this wasn't one of our four scheduled games this year. It was announced at the last minute. Scum fans would have been far more prepared to change any plans they had for the weekend for the once in 30 year chance to watch their team in Tasmania. Hawks fans probably less so, given we have other opportunities that we have already planned to attend.

Also, to the "Tasmanians have been asking for games against the big Melbourne teams instead of the same old Freo/Port/Gold Coast games" brigade. You aren't listening. We are saying that the SIZE of the crowd would be better if we had games against the bigger Melbourne teams. Nobody said more Hawk supporters would turn up, it is just that the Melbourne Teams have a far bigger following down here due to everyone following an old VFL Team. Therefore Hawks supporters, plus oppo supporters will provide a bigger crowd. I reckon this game proved that pretty well.

I'm a ex tasmania ,I was absolutely disgusted in the following of the Hawks yesterday,it was appalling...

OH FFS, * off

I disagree with that tbh, he's on the cusp of 28 and has already lost substantial zip. He doesn't live and breath footy also according to the man himself. I'd be surprised if he played beyond 2025.

Either way I doubt it will go down as one of our greatet trades. He's exciting to watch and one of the reasons I want to tune into games right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back