Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

comedy fan GIF by CollingwoodFC

Big ‘Mario from Doncaster’ vibes. I’m only one more shithouse loss away from going full Mario.

St Kilda is a foundation member of the VFL from the 1890 's. Youve won 1 flag by one Barry Breen point.
If you pay membership at St Stkilda you have the right to sue anyone at that club who earns more than 22 dollars.50 cents an hour.
Re start again.
Good luck!
Thank you for the information, very interesting

Yet that's the best we have had a ruckman look in weeks. And the best Marshall has looked in months.
23 disposals (82% DE), 42 hitouts (to Hickey’s 17), 12 contested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 300m-gained (to Hickey’s 131), 6 inside-50’s (game-high), 7 marks, 5 clearances, 131 ranking points (Hickey 90).

Pretty damn good, especially if he’s still injured.

Ryder would be a great foil for Max up forward.

St Kilda is a foundation member of the VFL from the 1890 's. Youve won 1 flag by one Barry Breen point.
If you pay membership at St Stkilda you have the right to sue anyone at that club who earns more than 22 dollars.50 cents an hour.
Re start again.
Good luck!
I'm just hoping to god we don't relocate to tasmania.. for one, no one deserves that, not even tasmanians.. and secondly, the tasmanian team is my only chance at finding happiness from football, free of the curse that hangs over moorabbin

Back from the game. Terrible. Just no movement. No ability to get clean possession around stoppages is the start of it all. That leads on to a rushed handoff which puts next team mate under pressure who thumps the ball up to the footy gods in the heavens. Who as we all know, hate us, so that's no good. So so slow of thought and deed. So many holes it's hard to know where to point first.

A few observations.

Leigh Fisher now hates us because as supporters we have quite rightly bagged his completely biased performances. He started as being biased agaonst us to prove he wasn't to all the other clubs. He is now biased because of the crap we've given him. It's untenable that an AFL level umpire is in that position. For the love of all that's good can the umpiring department not schedule him to our games.

I'm officially old. I went to a music and light show and a game of AFL broke out.

I paid $7 to Ticketek for their 'service'. I want report a robbery. I pay a lot in membership. They don't provide anything further than what I'm owed.

Had a lovely day out in Bondi with beautiful weather so life's not all bad.

I used to hate it when outsiders blamed our deficiencies on our culture.

But now I see that they were right all along. Our history is drenched in failure to the point that minor successes are glorified by supporters, club, and even outsiders who are astonished to see St Kilda do something right.

Players who are mildly talented make the right noises about giving this club the success we crave, but it's like they have the attitude that they are doing something for us, so naturally there's no drive to succeed. Compare that to a club where there is a genuine privilege for a player to represent it , a proud history.

Our history is about survival -and in a league without relegation less of an achievement - and the privilege for saints players is only about being AFL players - anything more than that is the privilege of the supporters.

How to change? Real leadership.

GT tried to change our culture and play more positive winning football, he took us to back to back prelims despite all our injuries and we sacked him.

Then everyone praised Ross Lyon for taking us to back to back GFs on the team that GT built, GT could have taken us to back to back premierships.

23 disposals (82% DE), 42 hitouts (to Hickey’s 17), 12 contested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 300m-gained (to Hickey’s 131), 6 inside-50’s (game-high), 7 marks, 5 clearances, 131 ranking points (Hickey 90).

It would be worth a try. Cant be worse than what we are doing.

Play Paddy out of the goal square and get Max up the ground a bit away from being double teamed.

Re start again.
Good luck!
Blessed in the brain aren’t you, human version of utensil lint. At least make the jibe funny you amoeba.

max can lead to one side of the square, paddy can lead to the other..

This is why I stressed to keep Billings in the VFL for a few more weeks. He has been in the system 9 years this year, if he can't get it together by this point he deserves a longer stint there. One alright game and he was immediately back in the side. It's a shitty look.

He’s a fringe player at best now. Very lucky to have a contract.

Back from the game. Terrible. Just no movement. No ability to get clean possession around stoppages is the start of it all. That leads on to a rushed handoff which puts next team mate under pressure who thumps the ball up to the footy gods in the heavens. Who as we all know, hate us, so that's no good. So so slow of thought and deed. So many holes it's hard to know where to point first.

A few observations.

Leigh Fisher now hates us because as supporters we have quite rightly bagged his completely biased performances. He started as being biased agaonst us to prove he wasn't to all the other clubs. He is now biased because of the crap we've given him. It's untenable that an AFL level umpire is in that position. For the love of all that's good can the umpiring department not schedule him to our games.

I'm officially old. I went to a music and light show and a game of AFL broke out.

I paid $7 to Ticketek for their 'service'. I want report a robbery. I pay a lot in membership. They don't provide anything further than what I'm owed.

Had a lovely day out in Bondi with beautiful weather so life's not all bad.
Yep obvious with Fisher fk he’s a dumb Kent

Still had very little impact. Hickey looks s**t on paper but still played a better game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blessed in the brain aren’t you, human version of utensil lint. At least make the jibe funny you amoeba.

He’s some old nonce who’s married a mail order bride and lives off his pension cheques in Thailand like some colonial bwana. Be kind.

Putting aside our poor performance I am getting sick and tired of the umpires seemingly adjudicating our guys on a different level to other teams.

We get held without the ball. Play on. Held in marking contests. Play on. A player ducks into a tackle. That's a high free. Blocking our forwards in a marking contest. That's ok. Touch their forwards in a marking contest. You can't do that. Tackle someone to the ground. That's dangerous. Fend of the tackler and don't get rid of it. No prior. Chop the arms of our forwards trying to mark it. That's a good spoil.

So sick of it.
The only way to make them accountable is to mike them up to the media box so that we can hear every reason for their calls. That way the commentators can stop guessing what the feck is happening, and the umpires will be held responsible for their one sided bullshit calls. Everything else is trial by media these days...they shouldn't be immune.

Last edited:
OK, firstly, I hate my father for forcing this club on me.

It doesn't border on child abuse, it's so far beyond that point child abuse is the size of a neutron lurking ominously in the background.

Nobody leads, nobody presents, nobody can kick.

For somebody who preaches good skills/decision making, you'd think Ratts would be able to identify the culprits in his side. Nope.

If we played North next week, they would beat us. Easily.

OK, firstly, I hate my father for forcing this club on me.

It doesn't border on child abuse, it's so far beyond that point child abuse is the size of a neutron lurking ominously in the background.

Nobody leads, nobody presents, nobody can kick.

For somebody who preaches good skills/decision making, you'd think Ratts would be able to identify the culprits in his side. Nope.

If we played North next week, they would beat us. Easily.

Honestly never seen a Saints side with less cohesion or system ever. We have good pieces but Ratts can’t even work out which sides the magnets stick on his whiteboard. He reminds me of a dog with a bucket stuck on its head. We just run around banging into things until the place is ****ed.

Ratts presser, he still sounds like he knows what's going on.

Why are the players f*cking up then?

Is it McGlynn who's the weak link coaching the midfield?

I'm really searching for answers for the dumb ball use and execution.

It always comes back to this, and I think it was Yabby who said it: Win the contest, make the right decision, then execute. We are failing the very basics of this sport.

4bVQWH5.gif

Honestly never seen a Saints side with less cohesion or system ever. We have good pieces but Ratts can’t even work out which sides the magnets stick on his whiteboard. He reminds me of a dog with a bucket stuck on its head. We just run around banging into things until the place is ducked.
Even when we were winning earlier in the season we were still ranked bottom 4 in transition. Our ball movement is a massive problem. Nobody leads. Just kick long to a contest and hope for the best. It's amateur hour.

Honestly never seen a Saints side with less cohesion or system ever. We have good pieces but Ratts can’t even work out which sides the magnets stick on his whiteboard. He reminds me of a dog with a bucket stuck on its head. We just run around banging into things until the place is ducked.
At least Cho had them going hard at the contest or whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back