Round 15 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes for sure. I know Ablett is a premium option and is hard to tag but he still cops close attention every week. At least Swan has Beams, Sidebottom and Pendles (when back) that all have a chance of taking the number 1 tag on a week to week basis.

looking at:

Kennedy -> Murdoch
Bugg -> Carrazzo

wanted to do Sexton -> Murdoch but i was 3k short of Carrazzo... means i'm stuck with Sexton for the rest of the year :(
leaves me with 4 trades and team complete

teamround15.png

Here's what I'm thinking...

Only 3 trades left, trade Redden to Campbell to free up some cash for Spurr > Carrazzo which will leave me with 28k and just 1 trade but I will finally get rid of the list clogger in Spurr.

OR

Redden > Campbell and Darley > Carrazzo which will leave me with 100k for the last trade whether it be for an LTI or I decide to upgrade Hargrave to Suckling or even Scotland if he drops enough in price.

I scored 2375 this week and am ranked at 8,018 so I'm looking to take some risks to get my team to the best it can be to move up the rankings and catch my mates team who is about 600 points ahead of me.

Thoughts please?

1 trade left after this round, 8 rounds to go, I wouldn't expect to hold onto that ranking, putting it nicely your'e screwed, Sexton out for the year, Goddard suspended for 2 weeks, Darley, M.Williams and Spurr are not likely in their respective sides best 22, Teams will rest players coming into finals, LTI's and suspensions are bound to happen, I have 5 trades left and dont think that is enough to avoid doughnuts.

1 trade left after this round, 8 rounds to go, I wouldn't expect to hold onto that ranking, putting it nicely your'e screwed, Sexton out for the year, Goddard suspended for 2 weeks, Darley, M.Williams and Spurr are not likely in their respective sides best 22, Teams will rest players coming into finals, LTI's and suspensions are bound to happen, I have 5 trades left and dont think that is enough to avoid doughnuts.
I don't think I'm screwed at all. Now that Sexton is gone for the season it gives me the opportunity to trade him to Murdoch to free up some cash to do Darley > Carrazzo, which will complete my team. I may only have one trade left after this week but I will have strong bench cover (excluding Spurr) and one of the strongest teams I have seen. With any luck, I will rise fairly quickly from that 8k ranking.

Are there any good downgrade options for sam shaw? Im looking at hine from gc but not sure about his js

What do you guys think about this

I can go -
Zaharakis>Swan
OR
Zaharakis>GAJ
Hargrave>Carrazzo.

I really want Swan but I'm 3k short.

I don't think I'm screwed at all. Now that Sexton is gone for the season it gives me the opportunity to trade him to Murdoch to free up some cash to do Darley > Carrazzo, which will complete my team. I may only have one trade left after this week but I will have strong bench cover (excluding Spurr) and one of the strongest teams I have seen. With any luck, I will rise fairly quickly from that 8k ranking.

The problem is, you're not going to win from 8,000 and aren't looking long term. You might rise rapidly the next 2-3 rounds, but once you get hit with a LTI or players go out with the general towards the end of the year, your team gets torn to shreds. In the last few rounds, top teams who have guys that miss 1-2 games will get traded out for other guns while you'll be copping your 50 or 60 from bench cover and lose ground again.

If I was you, I'd just hold on to my trades for injury cover over the next month. You have a strong team, so you'd hate to see it go to water in the last few rounds because you ran out of trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, you're not going to win from 8,000 and aren't looking long term. You might rise rapidly the next 2-3 rounds, but once you get hit with a LTI or players go out with the general towards the end of the year, your team gets torn to shreds. In the last few rounds, top teams who have guys that miss 1-2 games will get traded out for other guns while you'll be copping your 50 or 60 from bench cover and lose ground again.

If I was you, I'd just hold on to my trades for injury cover over the next month. You have a strong team, so you'd hate to see it go to water in the last few rounds because you ran out of trades.
I already have limited trades so I may as well go for it now. As I said, I know I can't win the car, I'm just trying to catch my mate.

What do you guys think about this

I can go -
Zaharakis>Swan
OR
Zaharakis>GAJ
Hargrave>Carrazzo.

I really want Swan but I'm 3k short.

GAJ & Carazzo are better than Swan & Hargrave

Unless you want do to 3 trade plan your only option is really perhaps Shaw to Carrazzo. However if you were keen to use 3 trades to 'finish the team off' I'd downgrade Cloke to a rookie, use Zorko on the field and get Carrazzo in this week then perhaps someone like Scotland in next week. May not sound ideal but Zorko is easily outscoring Cloke atm. Risky I guess, though-just a thought.

Unless you want do to 3 trade plan your only option is really perhaps Shaw to Carrazzo. However if you were keen to use 3 trades to 'finish the team off' I'd downgrade Cloke to a rookie, use Zorko on the field and get Carrazzo in this week then perhaps someone like Scotland in next week. May not sound ideal but Zorko is easily outscoring Cloke atm. Risky I guess, though-just a thought.

Sounds good though I don't really want to get rid of Cloke yet as I have a funny feeling he's going to come good very soon. As much as I know I need to keep Hargrave because of a lack of trades, I really want to get rid off him even if it means using 4 trades to finish the side.

Was thinking something like:

Hargrave ----> Carrazzo

Which leaves me with enough money to do:

Ellis ------> Heppel, Hanley, Adcock or Heath Shaw (though would need to wait one week)

Which leaves me with: (Assuming I go with Shaw)

Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Birchall, Carrazzo, Heath Shaw, Darley (Shaw, Spurr) with 4 trades left.

Then waiting until Darley tops off and getting someone like Heppell/Adcock/Hanley.

Thoughts?

Shaw is the pick of the bunch IMO and would be worth the one week wait. If your game to be left with 2 trades then go for it but that is some seriously dangerous bench cover. I too am stuck with Spurr, hopefully he gets a game soon :(
I say do Hargrave to Carrazzo this week and wait on Shaw. Then assuming you will need to downgrade someone to get cash to upgrade Darley, I would do that this week so you can double upgrade next week, because you'd want to upgrade ASAP to get the most benefit.

Shaw is the pick of the bunch IMO and would be worth the one week wait. If your game to be left with 2 trades then go for it but that is some seriously dangerous bench cover. I too am stuck with Spurr, hopefully he gets a game soon :(
I say do Hargrave to Carrazzo this week and wait on Shaw. Then assuming you will need to downgrade someone to get cash to upgrade Darley, I would do that this week so you can double upgrade next week, because you'd want to upgrade ASAP to get the most benefit.

On second thought I'd decided to keep Hargrave so I could save 1 trade. Decided to do:

Ellis ------> Carrazzo
Sexton -----> Murdoch

Which leaves me with $150,800 in the cap with 4 trades left. If all goes according to plan next week I'll do Darley ----> Heath Shaw which effectively finishes my backline.

Thinking of doing Goddard to Carrazzo.

Goddard has been a little disappointing this year anyway. My toughest two rounds remaining are over the next couple of weeks.

Thinking of doing Goddard to Carrazzo.

Goddard has been a little disappointing this year anyway. My toughest two rounds remaining are over the next couple of weeks.
You would be far better off in the long run downgrading a rookie for cash and upgrading a rookie to carrazzo. I know it burns two trades but going sideways is a waste, surely Goddard isn't your biggest concern.

I'm considering "downgrading" Bugg to Yarran for a 47k profit. o_O Should have done this trade last week before Bugg leaked more cash and Yarran scored a handy 94. Yarran has bottomed out @ 222k after injury and a couple of sub affected games. Will cross my fingers that he can average close to 75 from here on. He averaged 73 playing the same role last year, so not completely out of the question. Also gives me enough cash in the bank to make another upgrade in a week or two.

For now I've gone Sexton > Couch since he's gone for the season and would never use him as cover ever I thought I'd just use a bottomed out rookie which gave me enough money to go Edwards > Carrots with 5 trades and $64k to spare, my last upgrade could be Giles, I hope Darley plays this week because I really don't want to play Shaw again lol, or I'll just reverse the trade on Thursday and trade out Darley instead of Edwards, whatever, bloody Goddard

For now I've gone Sexton > Couch since he's gone for the season and would never use him as cover ever I thought I'd just use a bottomed out rookie which gave me enough money to go Edwards > Carrots with 5 trades and $64k to spare, my last upgrade could be Giles, I hope Darley plays this week because I really don't want to play Shaw again lol, or I'll just reverse the trade on Thursday and trade out Darley instead of Edwards, whatever, bloody Goddard

A long-term injury traded for someone who won't be getting a game for the rest of the year? I have some magic beans you may be interesting in buying...

Also, commas aren't full stops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back