round 16 rising star?

Remove this Banner Ad

big_bazza said:
heath grundy, any other players that may challenege heaths 3 goal,7mark, 15 posession debut game ?

He looked allright, but to be honest, I don't think he got enough stats to win the nomination this week.
I think a couple of nominees got 25 plus dispoals this week.
I would rather people get nominated by the x amount of disposals they accumulate and what they do with it.
I mean, Richmond were so lax on Saturday night, anyone with half a leg could kick three goals.

I like seeing the nominations going to kids who have strung some good footy together, so unless he was complete rubbish on the weekend (I only saw the last 5 minutes), I reckon Troy Chaplin should get it this week.

Doesn't exactly matter how good Grundy was, because their are still players who should be before him. Nathan Foley has been one of the most consistent players of 2006 youngsters and hasn't been nominated yet, and he once again had a great game, 16 touches, 5 marks, 6 tackles is a reasonable game, once again.

Still, his debut was stunning, and great to watch.

Jay Nash for mine, another 21 disposal game and uses his disposals extreemly well. Has poise and compusure like few young kids in the comp, similiar to Mundy. I reckon he deserves it

celtic_pride said:
He looked allright, but to be honest, I don't think he got enough stats to win the nomination this week.
I think a couple of nominees got 25 plus dispoals this week.
I would rather people get nominated by the x amount of disposals they accumulate and what they do with it.
I mean, Richmond were so lax on Saturday night, anyone with half a leg could kick three goals.

This attitude is exactly the problem with the game at the moment. Why are people so hung up about stats?? I can't stand how people think that because player A got 25 disposals he had a better game than player B who gathered 15. It happens all the time on this forum and elsewhere. If you don't watch a game, most people tend to think the best players on the day are the highest possession winners, which may not be the case at all. Grundy had a great debut game and is as worthy of the nomination as those that have played all year. Isn't it reward for the week's performance?

NorthBhoy said:
I like seeing the nominations going to kids who have strung some good footy together, so unless he was complete rubbish on the weekend (I only saw the last 5 minutes), I reckon Troy Chaplin should get it this week.

Agreed.

I can't believe that this guy is only 20 years old. I thought he was about 25.
Plays like a veteran. Big, solid defender. Strong-bodied, takes a nice mark.

Chaplin is a gun. He'll be the best tall from the 2003 draft.

Porthos said:
Chaplin is a gun. He'll be the best tall from the 2003 draft.

Indeed, but has he played on anyone yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back