Game Day Round 17, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A 200 point win and the return of this graphic to conclude the match. Not sure which is most likely to occur.

View attachment 1731748
Much like the duck at the cricket, they have it stashed and we will only see that when we hold a team to zero.

So this is as good a week as any!

There is a micro level of interest to see what the fallout would be if we lose this game.

Like an episode out of the Twlight Zone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all of the angst leading up to selection then the melts post selection we come finally to the test that really counts ... the one not on paper but on the hallowed grass of the Gabbatoir.

Let's hope that everyone plays to their best, any lessons learned will not be cardinal (ie we don't lose) and that at least some players find a new mental gear in their playing they can take forward in their careers.

Oh and no more injuries.

Btw should we rename this thread Gunston-touch-watch or something like that as I am sure that every act he does and does not make will be well discussed in this thread?

GO LIONS!!!!!

With all of the angst leading up to selection then the melts post selection we come finally to the test that really counts ... the one not on paper but on the hallowed grass of the Gabbatoir.

Let's hope that everyone plays to their best, any lessons learned will not be cardinal (ie we don't lose) and that at least some players find a new mental gear in their playing they can take forward in their careers.

Oh and no more injuries.

Btw should we rename this thread Gunston-touch-watch or something like that as I am sure that every act he does and does not make will be well discussed in this thread?

GO LIONS!!!!!

More like the Gunstons opponent touch watch

Alex Witherden has played 30 games since July 2021. He has won just 2 games. :grin:

Admittedly West Coast look a lot stronger on paper than they did 2-3 weeks ago.

Has a real feel of a slow start, gain the ascendancy midway through the 2nd into the 3rd, and coast home through the last to me.

Warm, sunny day at our fortress coming off a 9 day break vs. 18th off a 6 day + making the longest road trip in the game - we couldn’t, could we? 😬

i hate the way everyone is expecting a big win, way to confident and complacent for me. Fagan has tried to calm it down but I hope like hell it doesn't seep into the team and we don't go out and do our work like we should.

This is my concern too.

We need to calm our seemingly high expectations of a win because this one is just the type we could very easily lose through cockiness and complacency...

...however, it would be really good to get some extra percentage but ultimately we just need to win, 1 point or 100.

Over to you boys, just get the job done without giving us all heart attacks please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back