Fixture Round 17 Fixture (Lions v Saints venue confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy is reporting:

Thursday:
Port Adelaide vs Melbourne 7:40pm (AO)

Friday:
Essendon vs Adelaide 7:50pm (Marvel)

Saturday:
Carlton vs Geelong 1:45pm (MCG)
Hawthorn vs Fremantle TBD (UTAS)
Brisbane vs Stkilda TBD (Gabba/Metricon)

Sunday:
GWS vs Gold Coast 1:10pm (MARS)
Bulldogs vs Sydney 3:20pm (Marvel)
Richmond vs Collingwood 4:40pm (MCG)

Monday:
West Coast vs North 7:40pm (Optus)

Fox Footy is reporting:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday:
Please not St.Kilda in prime time again

Fox Footy is reporting:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday:

We don't need Monday night football.

This works better:

Thurs:
Port Adelaide v Melbourne

Fri:
Essendon v Adelaide

Sat:
Hawthorn v Fremantle (Launceston - 1.45)
Carlton v Geelong (2.10)
Brisbane v St. Kilda (4.45)
Western Bulldogs v Sydney (7.40)

Sun:
Giants v Gold Coast (1.10)
Richmond v Collingwood (3.20)
West Coast v North Melbourne (4.40)

Why put the Dogs-Swans game at 3.20 on Sunday afternoon when Marvel is free Saturday night?
The only reason I can think of is that they want to keep marvel open as a backup in case the Hawks or Lions game has to be relocated due to borders. Otherwise it’s a pretty dumb move

The fox article says Dogs v Swans to be likely Sunday afternoon, but then at the bottom of the article they have their likely fixture showing that game as Saturday night. Righto then.

The fox article says Dogs v Swans to be likely Sunday afternoon, but then at the bottom of the article they have their likely fixture showing that game as Saturday night. Righto then.

They've updated it in the last hour or so. They definitely had it listed as 3.20 before with the Collingwood-Richmond game 4.40. Maybe they'll update the article soon?

EDIT: They have 2 sets of proposed times at the bottom of the article. Probably stuffed up the copy and paste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be shocked if the Brisbane game has to be moved, apparently the issue isn't crowds up here, but whether St Kilda would be allowed back into Vic. Considering neither state is under lock down I'd expect this to be sorted out pretty quickly.

Would be shocked if the Brisbane game has to be moved, apparently the issue isn't crowds up here, but whether St Kilda would be allowed back into Vic. Considering neither state is under lock down I'd expect this to be sorted out pretty quickly.
Brisbane is still considered a red zone by Vic and there were cases there today.

Yes but all linked and the lock down is over, I'm sure it'll be a fly in fly out type of situation. There's definitely a chance the Vic Gov will put the foot down but would be pretty surprised.
The Vic gov have said they're not changing any of the zones any time soon.

The game might be played at Metricon but there's no way it is at the gabba.

I can't see any way Brisbane can host St Kilda at the Gabba given Brisbanes status as a red zone for Victoria. I find Geelong being offered up as a venue to be an odd choice, they'll most likely either host at non Red Zone Metricon or switch the game to Marvel as a Saints home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back